Official Round 2 - Bulldogs vs Cowboys - Discussion Thread

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does the midget escape suspension?
He prefers "little person" Assassin please

Looks like Stimpson is a new Pay favorite.

Pay should also ask himself if Harper is a better prospect than Crichton, if so Smith back to wing and Harper in. Still can't believe he has gone this route

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If he actually makes the field....

If Pay is going to waste a bench spot, might as well waste it on Cogger, WHEN our attack dies in the arse he could be used.
I like Averillo on the bench he can make something out of nothing.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I feel really sorry for Averillo and his family imagine debuting in front of no one.
He’s probably riding the pine like Holland and Cogger before him

Good recognition to be named in 17 this early in season

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong I hope he plays, but you know how Pay is the master of bench rotation...
Yeah I agree I can't see him getting much game time unless there's a injury of HIA.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd be very surprised if Averillo sees any game time other than if an injury happens.

Nonetheless congratulations to him for his debut and I hope he does get a chance.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Pay should also ask himself if Harper is a better prospect than Crichton, if so Smith back to wing and Harper in. Still can't believe he has gone this route
I’m of the opinion that our club is professional and there are no favourites
Dean should be picking the best players on form every week
Let’s not forget that his own future is on the line

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I predict that our game will go ahead, we lose 500k then they will call off the season on Friday.
That sounds like the most likely scenario bro but I hope the season continues... Felt like a very long off season ..

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If that bench is ever used correctly it could be a MAJOR weapon for us.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also hope Meany has recovered enough to take back his goal kicking duties. That second attempt by Wakeham was a shocker.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Cowboys have us beat across the park talent wise comparing the two rosters. They have a better spine and are slightly better than us in the backs and forwards (there isn't much between the bench either but if I had to pick a side I'd probably so with the Cowboys).

We should be better in the effort areas and the defensive side of the game as it's what our game is based on (and what our players are good at) so if we're to win it's going to be in a low scoring game where we compete for close to 80 minutes and come out of the grind on top (which I think is going to be a trend in most games we play this year).

We'll need Cowboys to make mistakes (which is still hard for us to turn into points) and not finish their opportunities.

DWZ and Holmes are both wingers playing fullback. They both have issues under the high ball. They both struggle with ball playing (going off round 1 Holmes is slightly better - not much of a sample size).

Meaney and Reimis need to be electric on that left hand side otherwise I think the Cowboys backs in Feldt and Marsters will show us up (they're all on the same side). I can't believe Crichton is currently our best option on the right wing.

We're going to need a massive game from Wakeham that shows us why he's our five-eighth or halfback moving forward (if Wakeham and Lewis play like they did last week we're going to create nothing, we're barely going to look dangerous). Drinkwater and Morgan aren't even close to being the best halves pairing in the NRL (they're both very good ball runners and Morgan has better game management than our halves - which isn't his strength) but I think it's going to be a massive challenge for us to come out on top in that battle.

Defensively our forwards are very strong but Elliott is the only forward I see that's going to be any sort of a threat with the ball (this is where CHN would come in handy). The Cowboys have Hess (he's a little out of form) and more importantly Taumalolo which is going to cause us a massive headache (you can't defend Taumalolo for 65 minutes, he's going to break through, attract multiple defenders, generate a quick play the ball, etc - he's the middle version of David Fifita and he's even better imo).

I've seen some analysts talk about the game and a lot of them are actually tipping the Bulldogs due to what they saw in round one. I hope we're able to come out on top and get our first win of the season just I'm not so sure myself when looking into it.

Last edited:

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I like your Avatar protection lol.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm pleased for Averillo. It'll be interesting to see if he gets to play meaningful minutes. I just hope that people temper their expectations. Even if he plays, it's a big step up from reserve grade to the NRL and anyone expecting miracles might be disappointed if he doesn't do anything special.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Zelezniak had better work on cleaning up those kicks in goal.
He looked scatty against the Eels, gotta relax and get on with it.

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
I’ll be honest here.

I will be surprised if my mob beat you guys at all as our defence is shit. Please beat us as the sooner our coach is out on his rear end the better.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just seen on the news that Lewis just tested positive to the being shit halves virus
fake news , he tested positive last year ...

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well congrats to young Jake on his first grade debut
What a fantastic day for both himself and his family who would have supported him through many seasons as a junior
It’s a real shame that the bulldogs faithful cannot be there to cheer him on in person
In my books nothing better than a local kid playing for our great club
I hope Jake gets decent minutes

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Paul Green’s attacking structure is stuck in 2015 with the sweep play the major weapon so I think our defence will be fine. The big question is how many points will we get.....