News.com article saying Okunbor facing being sacked. CHN facing 8-12wk suspension.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Cya Okunbor. Absolute Muppet.

CHN 8-12 weeks seems pretty right on.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
CHN has been stitched up tbh... Article is misleading on his part

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So, you can deficate in a hotel while on team duty cop a $50,000 fine and move on.

Yet consentual sex with a legal teenager leads to getting sacked, and having your name dragged through the mud in a bid to be made an example of.

Right.....
If your referencing Julian Oneal, that was almost 30 year's ago.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think that’s probably the right punishment. CHN will be playing Reggie’s for a bit when he gets back from his suspension... love him as a player but can understand how angry the club is with all that’s transpired. We had a really good pre season. Hopefully we put this behind us real quick.
Call this harsh, but I would make CHN play reggies for the rest of the year.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If your referencing Julian Oneal, that was almost 30 year's ago.
No, I'm referring to Nate "shit head" Miles who earned his nickname after getting wasted and crapping on either the floor, or a wastebasket outside his hotel room.

That was in 2009

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
So, you can deficate in a hotel while on team duty cop a $50,000 fine and move on.

Yet consentual sex with a legal teenager leads to getting sacked, and having your name dragged through the mud in a bid to be made an example of.

Right.....
Sex with a schoolgirl, when you've just visited there as an ambassador of the club, is not something the public views in the same light as a drunk, deficating in a stairwell.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I get it but being an international and a rising gun back rower I reckon mentally he would be in a very dark place playing Reggie’s every week reminded of what he did wrong. At least this way he can serve his suspension then get back on the field and repay his team mates for his wrong. He owes the boys and his fans some big performances in the top grade.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You can’t make a player play reserves.
If he has a registered contract in the NRL then he has grounds to break the contract and go to another club.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How come when other players from other clubs play up the media always try find a link back to us ie Barba and also their sponsors never ditch them

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I'm comfortable with the punishments but more concerned about the usual inconsistency.

NRL goes missing when boof heads are assaulting Cops, bashing women, raping them, glassing GF's, getting put in jail overseas, sending dik pics, blokes braking down doors trying to kill families and a thousand other incidents it would seem. However Todd and his merry band of fukwits always climb straight out of their ivory gutters every time anything Dogs happens to make an example.

I hope COVID bankrupts this competition so we can get a reset!

Superuber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This outcome, if true, is consistent with what I said from the beginning - a violation of the Working with Children legislation from Okunbor.
Such matters are taken very seriously and the consensual sex and age of consent component of the whole story have very little do with it - except for the poor light in which it places the club / loss of sponsorship etc.
Hence why CHN may cop a heavy sanction, but may not lose his job.
We will see...
No matter the outcome it will not be what you are suggesting is the reason. It is not a violation of working with children

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
No matter the outcome it will not be what you are suggesting is the reason. It is not a violation of working with children
Can you be more specific?
My experience says otherwise.

Superuber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I agree with support through the outcome - no-one takes any pleasure in seeing a young man's career potentially finished from one very costly mistake.
After all, we're not talking Ben Barba here.
But I don't view this as an opinion - based on what I know about the legislation I think there's simply no choice for the club.
If anyone can provide any evidence in the legislation that shows otherwise I'd be happy to be wrong.
From what I have read about the legislation and what you have said before hand you are right however this doesn't apply To JO, so stop shaming and defaming him

Superuber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Can you be more specific?
My experience says otherwise.
I think you need to revisit what you experienced and carefully go over what you missed.

Ill ask this, Do you really think that NSW police will leave it to the club, NRL and the public to prosecute them?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
From what I have read about the legislation and what you have said before hand you are right however this doesn't apply To JO, so stop shaming and defaming him
I’m not doing any such thing, I’m simply pointing out realities of violations of training that I have received in person several times (must be done annually).

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I think you need to revisit what you experienced and carefully go over what you missed.

Ill ask this, Do you really think that NSW police will leave it to the club, NRL and the public to prosecute them?
As stated there is no criminal matter so why would the police be involved?
There’s no ‘prosecution’ as such, it’s a workplace matter.

That doesn’t mean other non-criminal violations have not been committed. I’m happy to be wrong about this but every time I’ve asked for specifics about where I get nothing back and that’s what I’m asking. Where specifically have I missed something or where am I wrong?

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have the Dogs even come out and actually confirmed the action they are taking? All Journalists have the same cut throat attitude toward the Dogs. It makes me sick that they can keep laying the boot in day after day. They should have a good listen to what Freddy Fitler has to say about it.

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
tbh 8-12 weeks suspension is no punishment for CHN as he is getting paid.

The real punishment would be making him play those 8-12 weeks at no pay

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not like they fucked them both behind the toilet block when they were at the school. They picked them up on social media just a coincidence that they were students. 4 games & a fine enough for breaking team rules about bringing females back to the team hotel. Maybe a little longer for Okunbor cause he found out on social media that the girl was a student at a school he visited before they hooked up.