Match reveiw with Steve Turner and club analyst

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not bad content from the club but do they only analyse defence? They hardly mentioned anything with the ball.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not bad content from the club but do they only analyse defence? They hardly mentioned anything with the ball.
To be fair, there was nothing worth analysing with ball in hand from the Rd 1 game... "here we ran the ball up one out, and in the next clip, we also ran the ball up one out..."

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
To be fair, there was nothing worth analysing with ball in hand from the Rd 1 game... "here we ran the ball up one out, and in the next clip, we also ran the ball up one out..."
It doesn’t have to be positive analyst they could have said what they were looking to do or what they needed to improve on. It doesn’t surprise me the teams focus seems to be 90% defence and attack is an after thought.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Love the idea, unfortunately it was very underwhelming. Didn't expect them to go into a whole lot of detail but this obsession with defence is fucking boring.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Josh Jackson confirms that big chunk of pre season was focussed on defence and he references the panthers game last year and defence being the cornerstone

Problem is you need to score points to win games

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not one mention about attack by the skipper

Tackle our way to victory I guess ‍♂

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not one mention about attack by the skipper

Tackle our way to victory I guess ‍♂
lol, that’s right.. defence is solid, I guess they think they can win purely on that. Let’s hope we do tackle our way to a few victory’s..!!

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Remember a period where we couldn't score points and all we had was Halligan who kick us penalty goals to victory.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's good to see them providing a bit of different content. While this was a bit limited, it was also a game that was largely uneventful. So it was always going to be difficult to focus on much aside from the fact that our defence fired in the best way that it could. In all honesty, both teams were great in defence. Not a lot of games that have just one line break.

I'd rather we avoid telegraphing any changes we want to make in attack heading into next week. So some people might not appreciate that it was ignored, it might have been a purposeful decision to leave out any information that opposition coaches might benefit from.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
All they gota do is buy some fast powerful runners and our attack will improve. Keep nailing the d and wel be there come finals

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Until we have a 9 that plays like Smith, Cooke or Api we are going to struggle to build enough space for our backs.

We have the type of players that when they get a roll on with 2nd phase play they can score points like we did a couple of times toward the end of last year.

I honestly reckon so much is controlled by a good 9. I would put Hoppa at the back and DWZ in the centres with Smith back to a wing. Hopefully JMK is better when fitter.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We should have won that first round game. Had enough possession and field position. But without Foran we just did not have anyone who could create a hole in the defence. I have been a defender of Lachlan Lewis but his lack of acceleration and speed last Thursday was glaringly manifest.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Cant believe his name is Mohammed Ali. Lol probably i pretty common name in Arabic though.

I tend to agree with their appraisal of the team. I really dont think we were that bad at all. I think the long off season, and then the few days leading up to the match just made everyone a little frustrated after we lost. We will be better tomorrow!
We weren't bad, but offensively we were very poor and it's concerning.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
After one round nothing should be concerning. Unless you get your ass absolutely handed to you.
Rubbish. We averaged the least amount of points last season and then backed up round 1 scoring 0 tries. That's without even going into detail and breaking down our non existent attack.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Rubbish. We averaged the least amount of points last season and then backed up round 1 scoring 0 tries. That's without even going into detail and breaking down our non existent attack.
How about you break down Parramatta's attack from the same game, if I am not mistaken they had zero line breaks to our one.. They scored one pinball bullshit try with a backline and spine that will supposedly win the comp. We are close to where we need to be accept Wakeham in 7 and missing CHN plus a little tinkering.