News Josh Jackson calls for calm as disgraced Bulldogs duo await fate after sex scandal

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Because our club is weak as piss. Would slap my dick on scanner and fax it to Greenturd if I was in charge of the club.
You still use faxes?
How quaint.
Hope you’re enjoying dinner by the lantern tonight...

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the club sacks these guys it could only be viewed as weak as piss by bulldog supporters. The club is being bullied by media! there are so many other indiscretions by other club players swept under the carpet yet the media bully a club already on its knees to be the saviour of NRL integrity....it’s utter bullshit and I hope the club stands tough, come up with a fair punishment and sticks by its decision.

At the end of the day these guys have not committed any crimes. Yes they are guilty of stupidity everybody agrees but nothing else.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I understand people feeling like this is being blown out of proportion and the double standards in punishment compared to much worse cases where actual crimes were committed.

However Okunbur hooking up with a girl he knew was from the high school where he just did a coaching clinic and bringing her back to the team hotel isn't nothing and is a terrible look for the club and the game..

CHN's circumstances are a little different.. Sacking Okunbur or both may seem harsh for an incident where a crime wasn't committed but in terms of breaching the clubs code of conduct, the players are guilty of that.

I'd say Okunbur is sacked and CHN is suspended by the club without pay for a few months. I'm sure this will all blow over in a few months as the next player controversy is never far away in Rugby League.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I understand people feeling like this is being blown out of proportion and the double standards in punishment compared to much worse cases where actual crimes were committed.

However Okunbur hooking up with a girl he knew was from the high school where he just did a coaching clinic and bringing her back to the team hotel isn't nothing and is a terrible look for the club and the game..

CHN's circumstances are a little different.. Sacking Okunbur or both may seem harsh for an incident where a crime wasn't committed but in terms of breaching the clubs code of conduct, the players are guilty of that.

I'd say Okunbur is sacked and CHN is suspended by the club without pay for a few months. I'm sure this will all blow over in a few months as the next player controversy is never far away in Rugby League.
For Okunbur you'd hope she was a decent root because it's going to cost him big time.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yep,vthey fucked up massively, and cost the club a $2 mil sponsor. Certainly cause enough to be sacked in my opinion.
But if the club do decide to show leniency, then i will support their decision, just as i will if they choose to sack them both.
CLUB FIRST, TEAM SECOND, INDIVIDUAL LAST! It has always been our motto, and nothing should change this.
Have to agree, they knew the protocols of NRL players and chose the selfish pathway and it’s cost the club a very much needed $2m cash injection.

It also doesn’t help our recruitment drive into 2021.

Consensual and legalities aside, to bed a couple of school girls is professionally unacceptable and a really bad look for the club. I’m comfortable with whatever penalties unfold considering the damage it’s caused the club and embarrassment to the playing group.

Equally, I hope the two players are mentally sound and that they have learned a valuable lesson on maintaining values and professionalism.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Both previous good character, its a hard one, sorry the pun.
We were all dumbo's at 22 and should prolly spend half the year in reserves and have time to think morals in an era of shit society.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Bloody media. Trying to make out that blokes chatting up young school girls at a community event to promote the club and game is over the top

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the club sacks these guys it could only be viewed as weak as piss by bulldog supporters. The club is being bullied by media! there are so many other indiscretions by other club players swept under the carpet yet the media bully a club already on its knees to be the saviour of NRL integrity....it’s utter bullshit and I hope the club stands tough, come up with a fair punishment and sticks by its decision.

At the end of the day these guys have not committed any crimes. Yes they are guilty of stupidity everybody agrees but nothing else.
"if" they get sacked the cheerleaders on here will rejoice as the board can do no wrong. our board are strong willed and make their own decisions

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
"if" they get sacked the cheerleaders on here will rejoice as the board can do no wrong. our board are strong willed and make their own decisions
That’s a load of crap but some people do have morals

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Not sure how the cheerleaders feel about it. Haven’t heard from them since your mate Ray gave them the flick.

Though I’ll 100% back their decision to dispatch these 2 clowns. For the crimes of bringing the game and its grassroots endeavours into disrepute, sabotaging $2M+ of sponsorship, sensationally letting their teammates and coaching staff down on the eve of a new season, making a mockery of one of the clubs crucial junior networks, and behaving like absolute knuckleheads in general. I would happily see them shown the gate.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not sure how the cheerleaders feel about it. Haven’t heard from them since your mate Ray gave them the flick.

Though I’ll 100% back their decision to dispatch these 2 clowns. For the crimes of bringing the game and its grassroots endeavours into disrepute, sabotaging $2M+ of sponsorship, sensationally letting their teammates and coaching staff down on the eve of a new season, making a mockery of one of the clubs crucial junior networks, and behaving like absolute knuckleheads in general. I would happily see them shown the gate.
Not sure CHN did all of the above.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The players association need a firmer presence in these matters. They need to be representing their members and insist in some balance and suitable and appropriate treatment.

You cant have these 2 players punished worse than DUI, police assault, bashings etc. It makes a mockery of the system if so.
Drink driving is breaking the law, domestic violence is breaking the law, assault is breaking the law. All things that players have done in the last 6 months and have not been sacked by the nrl or their clubs have swept it under the carpet. Bad look, yes. Illegal? No. If the nrl was so intent on protecting its image it should of dealt with the other players who mucked up and sacked them as well. Give them a fine and suspend them but no way should they lose their jobs straight away- especially when it’s their first offence

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Normally, if he hasn't some serious psychological flaws, a person learns from these catastrophic life events.

He gets sacked...his life and future ruined?...it's out of proportion.

Say for instance that his depression is so affected that he takes his own life or spirals into drugs and alcohol.

Ok they did wrong but will everyone feel happy that our club and the NRL oversaw that possible outcome?

Does the punishment and possible ruining of someone's life and future, warrant that?

Especially when we see other players harm and injure, beat up innocent people yet continue playing and picked to play for state and country?

Some sensible outcomes and tabled, listed repercussions need to be set down for players going forward and their contract terms need to be made public so everyone knows whats required of them and it's known by everyone and spoken of all the time.
While I agree with everyone who says their "crimes" pale in comparison to other league players, i still feel the club has to be massively harsh on jayden (sacking if they choose, if they choose not to sack him a massive massive fine).

I pointout jayden because he should have stopped it immediately, it should have raised alarm bells in his fucking head and he should have cut it off. It concerns me that if he couldn't see how blatantly obvious this was going to get him in trouble, what's he likely to do in the future?

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The players association need a firmer presence in these matters. They need to be representing their members and insist in some balance and suitable and appropriate treatment.

You cant have these 2 players punished worse than DUI, police assault, bashings etc. It makes a mockery of the system if so.
exactly, there is no consistency from the nrl and they are dictating which behaviours they feel are worse than others based on public perception instead of actual damage caused. its stupid

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yes and we are basing our ideas, to a large degree, on punishment based around the loss of sponsorship and 2 million.

That's huge of course but the club and NRL need to be very careful that the punishment to based solely on the 'crime' not the monetary outcome of their actions.

The players would be well within their rights to sue.
exactly, there is no consistency from the nrl and they are dictating which behaviours they feel are worse than others based on public perception instead of actual damage caused. its stupid

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes and we are basing our ideas, to a large degree, on punishment based around the loss of sponsorship and 2 million.

That's huge of course but the club and NRL need to be very careful that the punishment to based solely on the 'crime' not the monetary outcome of their actions.

The players would be well within their rights to sue.
I've thought about the recourse Okunbur could take as you could argue everything was legal etc and the punishment is over the top in a general sense. But in every players contract they are meant to abide by the clubs code of conduct. Seeing as this was in direct breach of that, I can't see how legally they'd have a case.

Put simply, if you do something that ends up costing the club $2 million in sponsorship and brings public scrutiny and scorn towards the club, then someone will have to suffer the consequences as you've burned your bridges with that club. Factor in the school visit and hooking up with a student from that school at the team hotel and it would be hard to argue that you didn't breach the code of conduct to an extent that you deserved to be sacked for your stupidity.

Most of this is all damage control to save face but that's the world we live in now. And the players should be aware of this. I'd say the heavy penalty handed down is to appease the NRL to prevent further penalties against the club and to send a message to fans and future sponsors that the club expects better from it's players.

The main issue lies in that other punishments for more severe actions and actual crimes are treated way more leniently and that is a genuine complaint. But that also doesn't mean Okunbur shouldn't be sacked. It just means the NRL and other clubs dropped the ball by not taking more severe action in those cases.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Can't argue with any of that Ben. All valid points. It's had terrible consequences all round.

Will personally accept any punishments the club deems necessary...but anything over the top from the NRL won't go over well.
I've thought about the recourse Okunbur could take as you could argue everything was legal etc and the punishment is over the top in a general sense. But in every players contract they are meant to abide by the clubs code of conduct. Seeing as this was in direct breach of that, I can't see how legally they'd have a case.

Put simply, if you do something that ends up costing the club $2 million in sponsorship and brings public scrutiny and scorn towards the club, then someone will have to suffer the consequences as you've burned your bridges with that club. Factor in the school visit and hooking up with a student from that school at the team hotel and it would be hard to argue that you didn't breach the code of conduct to an extent that you deserved to be sacked for your stupidity.

Most of this is all damage control to save face but that's the world we live in now. And the players should be aware of this. I'd say the heavy penalty handed down is to appease the NRL to prevent further penalties against the club and to send a message to fans and future sponsors that the club expects better from it's players.

The main issue lies in that other punishments for more severe actions and actual crimes are treated way more leniently and that is a genuine complaint. But that also doesn't mean Okunbur shouldn't be sacked. It just means the NRL and other clubs dropped the ball by not taking more severe action in those cases.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can't argue with any of that Ben. All valid points. It's had terrible consequences all round.

Will personally accept any punishments the club deems necessary...but anything over the top from the NRL won't go over well.
For sure. They've gone from culprits to victims in a short amount of time because of the death by public execution these days and I honestly do feel for them now after being disappointed in them initially.. They're being made out to be bigger villains than the real scumbags who've done a lot worse and are still playing or who are current Rep players..

So it's an extremely complex and delicate situation where the repercussions in terms of public reaction cause the punishment to be over the top. But unfortunately for a club trying to get sponsors, they have to show that they're taking action.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

The punishment should fit the crime, it’s that simple. What was the crime, breaking the Players CoC, what’s the usual punishment for that? Have any players ever been deregistered for that, no. So the usual punishment is suspension and issuing fines not sacking. The only question is how long and how much.

What happened after the offence shouldn’t have any input into deciding the punishment. Did the players even know there was a sponsor about to be announced? Did they know it was $2m? Did they know the sponsor would pull the pin?

They knew that they were breaking the CoC and they knew what the punishment for doing that was, based on many precedents. They took the risk based on what they knew, not what they didn’t know. It would be unjust to judge them otherwise.

Go Dogs

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The punishment should fit the crime, it’s that simple. What was the crime, breaking the Players CoC, what’s the usual punishment for that? Have any players ever been deregistered for that, no. So the usual punishment is suspension and issuing fines not sacking. The only question is how long and how much.

What happened after the offence shouldn’t have any input into deciding the punishment. Did the players even know there was a sponsor about to be announced? Did they know it was $2m? Did they know the sponsor would pull the pin?

They knew that they were breaking the CoC and they knew what the punishment for doing that was, based on many precedents. They took the risk based on what they knew, not what they didn’t know. It would be unjust to judge them otherwise.

Go Dogs
The punishment for breaking the code of conduct is at the discretion of the club.

Obviously there hasn't been a precedent set for a player dumb enough to do a school clinic as a representative of the club, have sex with a young woman he knew was from that same school, and then having sex with her at the team hotel.. Because it's never happened before.

If they knew they were breaking the code of conduct, but did it anyway and put the club in such a messy situation, then how can you argue that they don't deserve a severe punishment for showing such poor judgement and a blatant disgregard for the consequences? It's that exact poor attitude which is what has angered the club so much.

Players know that they're public figures and representatives of the club off the field and in their public lives. They know every wrong move they make off the field will be scrutinised heavily. They're all taught this before they even become First Graders. So claiming that they didn't know better just isn't true.