Official An update from Andrew Hill

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

We thought it important to give you an update on where we currently stand regarding decisions made around the COVID-19 virus and to let you know what will be taking place in the near future.

As we have seen over the past few days this is an ever-changing situation that we are adapting to on a regular basis, but we will continue to keep you updated on decisions that have been made.

As you will have read, a decision has been made to play Thursday night’s game against the Cowboys at ANZ Stadium behind closed doors with no crowd. This decision was made in line with the importance of trying to contain the spread of the virus.

At this stage we are awaiting further information around what happens after Round Two.

As a club we have also acted quickly to make sure we contain the spread of the virus by implementing the following measures:

• All staff that can work remotely from home will do so for the foreseeable future
  • We will keep staff at Belmore to a minimum to cover essential requirements only
  • All teams, apart from our Top 30, will train away from Belmore from this week
We have updated all our players and staff today with a Virus Management Plan that outlines what they can do individually to help with this process, and we will continue to monitor individuals going forward.

As I’m sure you can appreciate, we are still working through the effects of these decisions on our Members, Fans and Sponsors. All we can do is ask for your patience, and look to update you via our website and social media on any developments as they happen.

Due to this rapidly changing landscape, our Membership Services team are not able to respond to individual enquiries via email or phone. If you do call, you will be directed through to our message service and we will endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible.

In the meantime, I would like to thank you for your patience and continued support of our club as we work with the NRL to deal with this situation.

Sticking together as part of The Pack and finding a way through this situation is crucial at this time. The resilience we have shown, and continue to show, makes me proud to be a Bulldog.

We will be in touch once we have a further update for you.

Kind regards,

Andrew Hill

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
LinkedIn

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks for non info.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What kind of moron calls up the club at the minute looking for info? Any sensible person knows whats going on.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
What a weird fluffy email that contains absolutely no information.

What kind of moron calls up the club at the minute looking for info? Any sensible person knows whats going on.
This happens at every company that has a call centre.

For example when I used to work at Optus, every single time an iPhone got launched we would get flooded with people calling us about how to get one, when is it coming out etc. On the day it was announced, and after hearing messaging about it on the IVR before getting through to an agent...

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Damned if you do and damned if you don't.
If the club said nothing, they'd be criticised.
They say something, they're criticised...

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
I’m not a member anymore but was thinking will they be refunding everyone’s membership partially for games missed ??

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m not a member anymore but was thinking will they be refunding everyone’s membership partially for games missed ??
Not in the near future. I got this email:

Hi,

Your scheduled payment for your Bulldogs Membership(s) will go ahead as planned.

As you can appreciate, the Coronavirus situation is changing quickly and the impact to matches this season is not yet fully understood.

As we work through various items, including the continuity of payment plans, we will regularly update you with information about your membership.

We thank you for being a Member of the Pack, your patience and support is invaluable during this tough time.

#proudtobeabulldog

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not in the near future. I got this email:

Hi,

Your scheduled payment for your Bulldogs Membership(s) will go ahead as planned.

As you can appreciate, the Coronavirus situation is changing quickly and the impact to matches this season is not yet fully understood.

As we work through various items, including the continuity of payment plans, we will regularly update you with information about your membership.

We thank you for being a Member of the Pack, your patience and support is invaluable during this tough time.

#proudtobeabulldog
It’s way too early to tell how much they have to refund just yet. If anyone wants a refund they’ll be waiting while.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
so does mean there will be no immediate AGMs , which means fanboys and cheerleaders cant tell the board what an excellent job they are doing regarding sponsorship and instilling values at the family club?

Smartseal

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I sent the cowboys an email requesting they suspend any further payment deductions until they could provide more information on game access.
I was expecting a long winded email similar to the OP or at the very least something saying they were currently considering their options.
What I got was direct & weird to day the least, one of the membership staff replied saying "I have deleted your payment plan".
Nothing else, that's it, now I don't even know if I'm a member anymore?????