Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
I was in the retail game for a long time (too long tbh) and the number one rule with any customer is don't get political, personal and certainly don't piss them off by correcting them.
The guy who was "offended" by you calling an ottoman a poof should have been sacked on the spot.

(pun intended)
Before I said anything I thought this mf is 1000% likely to be of the perpetually offended virtue signal brigade so I made a point to pronunciate the word as poof instead of pouffe. Was I being a ****, probably.
Do I care. No. Poof shouldve just closed the sale.

Anyone know of any gay cake shops? :sweatsmile:

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Try to keep in on topic everyone. Also note that homophobia is a breach of rules.

I would prefer the thread not get nuked.
Okay okay. Apologies. I'm not a homophobe btw just don't like being demonized by the people I am trying to give money to

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Okay okay. Apologies. I'm not a homophobe btw just don't like being demonized by the people I am trying to give money to
All good. I got that. That's why I didn't delete all the posts. A bit of humour is ok but it quickly goes off the rails.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
This just got serious. Hearing reports that the Las Vegas strip will be shut down.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Also Starbucks in the US and Canada are "to go" orders only now.

I can see that happening to all major chains around the world soon.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep. Singapore, Taiwan, Hong Kong and South Korea. They've all been at the head of containment. Heavy testing, actively hunting down connections to existing cases, strong quarantine measures (locking down any towns with confirmed cases)

They've put in some heavy efforts to slow this down. It's still an uphill battle though. Singapore confirmed 14 new cases in the last 24 hours. For comparison, Australia confirmed 54 new cases in the last 24 hours.

The other thing to keep in mind though is that Singapore have reported 105 recovered. The problem is that based on data we have from every other country, that's statistically impossible. Australia for example has 27 recovered but 5 deaths. That's on the high end of the spectrum but generally deaths are about 6% - 9% of the recovered. So there's a strong belief that Singapore are fixing the death certificates to write any Covid-19 deaths off as something unrelated. Iran and Iraq have already been caught out doing this and there's a strong suggestion that China and others have done the same.
Singapore was stung pretty bad with SARS, in fact my institute here was integral to the unravelling of SARS back in 2002. Fast forward to 2020 and my agency designed the first diagnostic test for COVID.
Best practices are in place to deal with this situation, coupled with an agile R&D landscape, we have led the world with implementation of travel bans and isolation notices.

Can guarantee the numbers are not being "doctored" in any way, all cases are tracked and accounted for. Anything else would result in serious panic, the health system and government of it are completely transparent and the community is completely bought in on this here. We are far ahead of the rest of the world, despite our inherent obstacles for practising social distancing.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Singapore was stung pretty bad with SARS, in fact my institute here was integral to the unravelling of SARS back in 2002. Fast forward to 2020 and my agency designed the first diagnostic test for COVID.
Best practices are in place to deal with this situation, coupled with an agile R&D landscape, we have led the world with implementation of travel bans and isolation notices.

Can guarantee the numbers are not being "doctored" in any way, all cases are tracked and accounted for. Anything else would result in serious panic, the health system and government of it are completely transparent and the community is completely bought in on this here. We are far ahead of the rest of the world, despite our inherent obstacles for practising social distancing.
Meanwhile Australia is pretending it's a non-issue to the most part.

Side note, 37 new cases in NSW in the last 24 hours and another 1,200 cases currently being investigated.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Meanwhile Australia is pretending it's a non-issue to the most part.

Side note, 37 new cases in NSW in the last 24 hours and another 1,200 cases currently being investigated.
You think we will see Martial Law in the not too distant future, or would that make more panic?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Try to keep in on topic everyone. Also note that homophobia is a breach of rules.

I would prefer the thread not get nuked.
Exactly please name the store and sales person so I can go there's and ask for poofs

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You think we will see Martial Law in the not too distant future, or would that make more panic?
Normally I'd say no, but our NSW Premier has already stated that police will force people to partake in the "voluntary" 14 day isolation. So that's verging on Martial Law there. Add to that all the panic people are already doing...

That said, Martial Law is highly unlikely in Australia. The only time it's ever been enacted was when it was used for genocide back in the early 1800s.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
there's a strip club in Wellington where the chicks dress up as mermaids and swim in these bowls I was going to check it out but was paranoid one would queef on me and id get the coronavirus .
Try explaining to the mrs you got the coronavirus off a queefing mermaid stripper

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
there's a strip club in Wellington where the chicks dress up as mermaids and swim in these bowls I was going to check it out but was paranoid one would queef on me and id get the coronavirus .
Try explaining to the mrs you got the coronavirus off a queefing mermaid stripper
B1D89358-C44C-4EE8-A0DC-FC53220DD215.jpeg

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ouch
RSL NSW has cancelled all public ANZAC Day commemoration services.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Woolies apparently shutting down tomorrow for restocking.

EDIT

Now Woolies and Coles will trade in shorter hours.

Plus from 7-8am will be only opened for aged pensioners.

Last edited:

boysunleashme

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
my Uni UTS have postponed classes from tomorrow for only a week. Which is fucked considering the number of international students from china, a week won't do shit. I probably have it considering being a domestic student is a rarity in uni's these days.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m self isolating for 2 weeks. Fuck this lol.!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.