Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
:upset:
I am afraid it may only be the tip of the iceberg.My brother has a severe respiratory problem so I fear for him. He knows the drill though.Just checked with my step mum tonight and she is doing okay.
Gosh I hope everything stays ok..

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I am afraid it may only be the tip of the iceberg.My brother has a severe respiratory problem so I fear for him. He knows the drill though.Just checked with my step mum tonight and she is doing okay.
Yeah, it's not good. My dad is high risk too. That's why I'm keeping a close eye on it.

Unfortunately we're at the very early stage in Australia. But the virus is already in every state and it hit the Central Coast last week.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lebos punching on over the last can of hummous lol
I was legitimately there 30 mins prior. Me and the missus literally just finished doing some groceries.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Richard Wilkins tested positive for Coronavirus

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Panic buying sheep.

Unfortunately, it’s the normal people that are in need of essentials that are facing challengers just getting toilet paper to whip their arse.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
All you need to look at is the examples of Italy, Iran, and China.

If immediate action isn't taken, like happened in South Korea, then the consequences are dire. From what I read once it reaches a certain level, I think it's around the 20 day mark?, then the rate the infected cases multiples is too large for the health system to keep up with. In Lombardy, Italy the hospitals are about the collapse as they simply don't have anymore beds or resources to deal with the spike in numbers.

My concern with Australia is that people haven't really been taking it all that seriously. Yes, people have bought lots of shit like an apocalypse is coming but are they ensuring that they're staying clean, not coming into contact with people etc.? I'm not there, so maybe you guys can answer that?

In Slovenia atm people aren't taking it seriously enough and I can only see things getting worse. Much worse. Hopefully the same doesn't happen.

What is clear though is that this is only the beginning. We may be able to slow the infection rate by quaratine, but what will happen when we stop that? Imagine the same thing again?!?!?!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It is sad isn't it? When the fires were an issue everyone rallied to support their fellow Aussie but now it is like every man for himself and that compassion and care has vanished. I am scared as to what just might happen if civil unrest grows and people start the bad stuff. It is indeed frightening times we are living in. If worst comes to worst I hope that common sense prevails.You be safe and stay well.Did the young fella do okay at trials?
He was quiet in the first quarter as it's a tougher comp but the rest of the quarters he was back to his rampaging best. His defence is better than ever and had 4 20m+ runs, most while dragging players.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Unfortunately, it’s the normal people that are in need of essentials that are facing challengers just getting toilet paper to whip their arse.
Exactly right, the panicking hoarding dumb fucks are forcing normal people to hoard too.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I was legitimately there 30 mins prior. Me and the missus literally just finished doing some groceries.
Did you manage to get what you guys needed?

Hope you did.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Just read this lol

The various coronavirus responses around the world are very revealing about the psyche of the respective nations:
UK: Keep calm and carry on
USA: Protect the economy
France: Protest
Italy: Sing from your balcony
China: Effective brute force

Australia: Rely on blind luck

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Condoms are selling out because people are wearing them on their fingers to protect from coronavirus

People around the world have scrambled into grocers and drug stores to stock up on protective gear as the coronavirus scare surges.

But some have interpreted the “protective” to in a rather creative way; panic-purchasing condoms and putting them on their fingers so they can push lift buttons in public buildings.

This is the world we live in.

The new trend – spotted in Australia and Singapore, so far – has seen shelves once packed with condom boxes barren and empty. Baskets are being packed with packets of condoms as paranoia surrounding COVID-19 reaches its climax.

Siddharth Misra@sidart_misra

· 13 Feb 2020
Condoms in Singapore sold out amidst coronavirus fear. Since Singaporeans have been using the condom as a protective measure when touching the elevator buttons in their apartments and other buildings to prevent being contaminated.

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2020/03/...stralia-singapore-twitter-ryde-district-mums/

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just a quick heads up lads.

This virus is 100% airborn and not just about coughing / sneezing. Heard this before from an expert in the US, but only today a case of medical students here in Slovenia.

They had a party at a home last week, before the ban on get togethers etc., with 24 attending. Being medical students they all disinfected hands, many worse masks (ineffective ones) and were extremely cautious about distance between people. One infected host got 22 / 24 infected with corona. The 2 that weren't came late and left early so weren't in as much contact.

The authorities blame it on fact they didn't air out room enough and there wasn't enough distance between people, and based on the students' feedback ruled out surface contact as how it was spread ...

So ... try not to meet up with too many people. Keep 1.5m away from strangers. Don't meet up with your at risk loved ones.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Did you manage to get what you guys needed?

Hope you did.
We did yes

but to be very honest we are starting to buy a lot more than usual

more canned food, pasta, rice etc.

Because of these people panic buying we are forced to think about ourselves

couldn’t even buy toilet paper, it’s actually becoming a joke.

But I also get it, the why. I read and I hope it’s true, the big grocery chains will look at putting limits on certain items so it’s entirely fare for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.