• Total voters

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t but it might be a good thing any trace of this can hurt us and will

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Neither should be sacked, and both should play next Thursday, the NRL and their double standards can go to hell, BTW if we stick it up to the NRL, the whole team will be playing out of their skins.
By playing them it will help create a siege mentality in the club, which is what we need against the corrupt NRL.
For how long has our club been bending over for the NRL and the Media, and what good has it done us.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are both idiots.
It’s a workplace procedure issue for CHN. JO sounds like a different story. I don’t know all the facts but for CHN to be sacked seems wrong.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Here’s the problem as I see it, everyone is screaming “sack them” which is understandable in the circumstances. But you can’t just cancel a players contract without just cause and that’s the problem, what’s the just cause? What have they actually done that breaches the terms of their contract? So severely that it justifies termination? Bringing females back to their rooms contravenes the players code of conduct, but that’s not remotely serious enough to justify contract termination. Plenty of other players have done the same or worse, many times worse, and not had their contracts terminated. If we terminate their contracts, the way I see it, they would have pretty solid grounds to claim that they were unfairly treated based on the precedents set and demand reinstatement and/or compensation.

The reporting says that the players must provide a response to the show cause notice by Tuesday to the NRL, which to me indicates that the NRL will be the ones issuing the penalties, that we will be asked to enforce. I’ll watch with interest how the NRL spins it to justify their penalties.

Go Dogs

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Here’s the problem as I see it, everyone is screaming “sack them” which is understandable in the circumstances. But you can’t just cancel a players contract without just cause and that’s the problem, what’s the just cause? What have they actually done that breaches the terms of their contract? So severely that it justifies termination? Bringing females back to their rooms contravenes the players code of conduct, but that’s not remotely serious enough to justify contract termination. Plenty of other players have done the same or worse, many times worse, and not had their contracts terminated. If we terminate their contracts, the way I see it, they would have pretty solid grounds to claim that they were unfairly treated based on the precedents set and demand reinstatement and/or compensation.

The reporting says that the players must provide a response to the show cause notice by Tuesday to the NRL, which to me indicates that the NRL will be the ones issuing the penalties, that we will be asked to enforce. I’ll watch with interest how the NRL spins it to justify their penalties.

Go Dogs
In CHN's case I agree with you. I just don't know how they'd sack him unless, as one of the posters on here said, in their contract bringing a girl back to their room is a sackable offence.

With Okunbor I think it's a different story as he in my opinion violated a number of stipulations in regard to contact with children. These laws are federal, the question is whether they can be transfered to this case? Legally I don't think he's got a leg to stand on as Greenturd himself outlined the support. guidelines, and support these players get when preparing for school visits or simple contact with the public. That's from the NRL then there is the contract, training, support, guidelines from the Bulldogs. I just don't know how he'd argue it's not just to be fired?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

Go Dogs
They’ve definitely put the sport into disrepute and the NRL will back us legally. The problem is if we sack them a scum club full of criminals and wife bashers like Manly will sign them and no doubt they’ll kill it

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
They’ve definitely put the sport into disrepute and the NRL will back us legally. The problem is if we sack them a scum club full of criminals and wife bashers like Manly will sign them and no doubt they’ll kill it
As far as I know and as has been reported there is no “bringing the NRL into disrepute” clause in NRL contracts. As Folau showed, that’s a tough clause to legally enforce anyway, it’s too general, non specific.

Go Dogs

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
As far as I know and as has been reported there is no “bringing the NRL into disrepute” clause in NRL contracts. As Folau showed, that’s a tough clause to legally enforce anyway, it’s too general, non specific.

Go Dogs
It should be enough for a code of conduct breach that so many organisations rely on these days.
Okunbur definitely but Corey he could challenge it. Hopefully we know by Tuesday

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
It should be enough for a code of conduct breach that so many organisations rely on these days.
But the precedent has been set many times that a breach of the CoC doesn’t lead to sacking. Especially a totally legal breach.
Okunbur definitely but Corey he could challenge it. Hopefully we know by Tuesday
Unless they can find something else there is no difference in the CoC breaches, they are same.

That’s why it’s going to be interesting.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe this question deserves a thread of its own, with the immediate playing future of one of our best in the air.

After all the publicity from the past week, it is now clear that CHN and Okunbor have committed very different offences. Although the two have been lumped together, has CHN really done an offence warranting a suspension?

While I don’t entirely agree with his actions and believe he should face club sanctions, I don’t believe sacking him is the right option. He makes our side stronger, and as we can see through our performance last night, he’s needed. Sacking him will just allow another club to pick him up, and be realistic, who are the dogs going to pick up to replace him?

It’s not so much that the dogs need him that I want him to stay, however, that truthfully he deserves to stay with the club. CHN was never at the school event, while she was of consensual age. It’s not so much even a moral issue as while CHN has a son with his ex-partner, I believe he was not in a relationship at the time of the offence. The only mistake CHN made was bringing the girl back to the team hotel, hence, a hefty fine and temporary suspension would suffice for an adequate punishment.

Would be interested to hear your thoughts.
The answer by the NRL to your question should be as simple as this -

Did the NRL inforce Tyrone May to be Sacked ? NO

Is what Tyrone May done (filming having sex with a lady without her consent) worse than what CHN or for that matter JO worse? YES IMO

He now has a criminal conviction directly related to his mistrust of a woman he had sex with.

We know that we get penalised harsher than any other club, but all we are asking for is CONSISTENCY!!!

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You can’t point the finger for losing the sponsorship solely on CHN and Okonbur, if the club/NRL handled it differently it wouldn’t have played out this way.
Yes we supposedly have lost these sponsors for these guys indiscretions but laying the blame only at these guys I think isn’t justified.

The NRL shares the blame for bringing the NRL into disrepute IMO

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
it shouldn't be the clubs responsibility to teach adults how to behave - it use to be a family n parental responsibility
Unfortunately not all parents are teaching their teens or young adults how to behave
It’s just a reality these days
This is the reason management in consultation with HR has a code of conduct for all players and staff