Changes for next week

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
No changes, just bring CHN and Okunbor back into the team when the NRL has to let them play because they can't find any reason not to.

Go Dogs
Pretty sure it’s the club’s call mate.
However the NRL will be in lock step with that outcome.

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I watch all the highlights of the games to date from the footy show this morning. And the thing I noticed most was how the hooker dominated most for the winning teams. I know JMK has been injured and has maybe had a limited of season but he didn't do much on Thursday. I'm not saying ditch him. To be honest I don't think any player should be ditched from Thursday's night performance. But this is an area we need to improve on going forward. IMO the halves is a work in progress. Wakeham will get more involved as he settles in. I know some on here are very passionate and after every game we loss it's ditch some one and bring in some one. Piss off the coach or
change the cheer leaders. But is the Kennel.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I watch all the highlights of the games to date from the footy show this morning. And the thing I noticed most was how the hooker dominated most for the winning teams. I know JMK has been injured and has maybe had a limited of season but he didn't do much on Thursday. I'm not saying ditch him. To be honest I don't think any player should be ditched from Thursday's night performance. But this is an area we need to improve on going forward. IMO the halves is a work in progress. Wakeham will get more involved as he settles in. I know some on here are very passionate and after every game we loss it's ditch some one and bring in some one. Piss off the coach or
change the cheer leaders. But is the Kennel.
I didn’t realize how much of a loss API was until I watched Panthers last night.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Pretty sure it’s the club’s call mate.
However the NRL will be in lock step with that outcome.
I'm pretty sure the NRL will tell us what they want us to do, as per the statements from Hill and Pay;
"Corey Harawira-Naera and Jayden Okunbor have been stood down by the Bulldogs after each was issued a show cause notice by the NRL as to why they shouldn’t face further disciplinary action for alleged breaches of the Game’s Code of Conduct.

Go Dogs

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the NRL will tell us what they want us to do, as per the statements from Hill and Pay;
"Corey Harawira-Naera and Jayden Okunbor have been stood down by the Bulldogs after each was issued a show cause notice by the NRL as to why they shouldn’t face further disciplinary action for alleged breaches of the Game’s Code of Conduct.

Go Dogs
Yes, they have to respond to show cause from the NRL, but whether they do or don’t (ie: when Ryan Tandy failed to respond to his show cause) the club then determines the outcome (as they did by sacking Tandy - strictly a precedent, obviously a different breach).

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In your opinion, which is not everyone's opinion.

In addition far too many rely on the number on a players back to decide what role they fulfil on the field. For example maybe Jackson doesn't like wearing #13, considers it unlucky, so he plays middle field but wears #11.

Go Dogs
Ive been around long enough to realise this thankyou anyway.
And the results and number of tries we score, more than verifys i might be onto something.
I played under pay years ago and he played everyone out of position then too.
Halves, fullbacks, centres and wingers hes always had these stupid crazy ideas.
Now we have paid dallin a fullbacks wage for 3 more years and hes not a fullback and never was.
We can forget the top 8 for at least 3 more years i garantee it.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Ive been around long enough to realise this thankyou anyway.
And the results and number of tries we score, more than verifys i might be onto something.
I played under pay years ago and he played everyone out of position then too.
Halves, fullbacks, centres and wingers hes always had these stupid crazy ideas.
Now we have paid dallin a fullbacks wage for 3 more years and hes not a fullback and never was.
We can forget the top 8 for at least 3 more years i garantee it.
You've really changed your tune about Pay from what you wrote 18 months ago which was full of praise...
S18.png

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Keep the same team, the only change would be Averillo in for Crichton when suspended. Keen to see what this team can put together in attack with some more time together

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I like the look of Averillo like most but I don’t know if we play him on the wing just to have him in the team. He was a 5/8th in the juniors who could play centre I think we give him the chance to play there when the opportunity presents itself. That or he we try him as a utility on the bench to cover anywhere in the backline.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wakeham needs to be selected at half-back. Lewis really doesn’t add anything in attack, but defence is good. They need a player like Blake Austin in the halves. I know he has defence problems but a very good attacking player. This won’t happen but a food for thought.
Yep I think hed go ok might be homesick too

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Can't believe so many people are putting Rfm in the 12.

He has more impact coming on as sub through the middle.

I felt pay field in giving enough time to both renouf and rfm.

7 minutes into the 2nd half pay took off renouf and put on tolman. I mean we really didn't need tolman at that time

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
AVERILLO.!!!

watching all these other teams this weekend, our attack needs some serious work or we will
Never compete on defence alone.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
AVERILLO.!!!

watching all these other teams this weekend, our attack needs some serious work or we will
Never compete on defence alone.
It won’t happen bro but he should go 6 to partner Wakeham 7. Similar to how Penrith have young halves they hope to build their future around.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Katoa has a minor groin injury probably why he wasn’t in fg for round 1 he missed Canterbury cup also. Hopefully back soon.
I’d start katoa and have jmk come on as a impact player with tired forwards

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If you are watching the Storm/Manly game it is 4/2 no tries in the first half some games are not ones where halves can make an impact. I am not saying we don't have problems with our attack but lets not through out players because of one game. Lets see what happens next week. Pay's job is on the line so he need to make decisions to improve his attack. If he is not sure what to do. The Kennel has plenty of opinions on who should be playing and where not to mention on how they should be going about their game plan.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are watching the Storm/Manly game it is 4/2 no tries in the first half some games are not ones where halves can make an impact. I am not saying we don't have problems with our attack but lets not through out players because of one game. Lets see what happens next week. Pay's job is on the line so he need to make decisions to improve his attack. If he is not sure what to do. The Kennel has plenty of opinions on who should be playing and where not to mention on how they should be going about their game plan.
Danny Levi is playing an attacking game well from dummy half.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
My team for season start would have been this . Nothing I seen last week would change it.
1. Hoppa
2 .DwZ
3. Holland
4. Harper
5. Smith
6 Wakeham
7. Cogger
8. Napa
9. Katoa
10. Ogden
11. CHN
12. Jack
13. Tolman
14. RT
15. Mariner
16. Simpson
17. JMK
Hooker and fullback is important. Hoppa is a better fullback and katoa is a natural 9 . Cogger is better 7. Meaney is the unlucky 1. Tolman pushed to prop and tha jj to lock . Stimson 1st sub on. That's my theory. Power game to start. Mind you our forwards went well last week

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hope FB
DWZ wing
Cogger Wakeham halves
JMK/Katoa rotating 9

That’s our best spine and no one can convince me otherwise
Pay hasn't got a clue if he thinks DWZ can wrap around and catch and pass. Hopoate is far better at those set plays.

With DWZ at FB we have to play straight but Lewis does not engage the line he just shovels it off to the next player.