Opinion Smith to fullback

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Na DWZ has always been inconsistent under the highball so I wasn't surprised to see him bottle it once he got one wrong. I think the longer he plays at FB the more bits of his game will be exposed and the more people will be calling for another FB.

I personally never thought he would be cutout for the FB role longterm but was happy to have him there until we picked up someone else or moved someone else into the role.
They wouldnt know a decent fullback, half or hooker if one kicked em fair between the eyes bud.
The worst bit is neither does our coach.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Having DWZ, Hoppa or Meaney at fullback will not make a difference till we have a quality half. Wakeham is our first prospect in many years. Unless we can buy one or Wakeham develops into one, we will continue to just make up the numbers

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fuck me dead he aint our problem ,lewis to 6 wakeham to 7 will be a good start

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck me dead he aint our problem ,lewis to 6 wakeham to 7 will be a good start
I thought that Averillo should play fullback in the CC cup and give him to learn his trade there, after todays C C cup game, I certain that he would be a great success in the halves, given time.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
But your happy with losing. The rest of us are not. Your happy to lose to save a few bucks.
Very bad bussiness move in my eyes. We still have to spend a certain amount of cap as everyone else.
Forget it u dont understand.
Have the last 3 seasons been good bussiness moves as well. Just dumb.
Who said I’m happy with losing, I’m as pissed as any Bulldogs supporter. But I’m also realistic enough to realise that we were in such a deep shit hole that it was going to take 3 years to get out of it as ludicrous back ended and over value contracts expired. That happens next year, not last year, not the year before and not this year.

As for Katoa, I like that we got good value and didn’t pay “overs” (as some call it). He was contracted as a back up with a contract at appropriate value, hardly a big deal. As such I’m not sure why it burns you so much that you have to rant about it every other post.

Go Dogs