Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ha...head in the sand type of guy. Have you ever bought a car from Australian fleet sales? if not they would pre-approve your application. You get first Pick from any high mileage, premium priced, just out of warranty European cars.

Maybe go to wuhan on your next trip, book New Zealand on Monday? Or better yet head to USA and see an nba game, or just stay local, buy some pre-sale Easter tickets perhaps.

Tom Hanks was thinking just like you.
Is Tom Hanks dead?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm telling you they will be encouraging people to get the virus soon to build immunity to it .the world economy can't handle it
Doubt they'll do that at this stage. The hospital system can't handle the cases we're getting so they definitely won't be able to handle extra cases on top of that.

Personally I think the best measure would be to quarantine the high risk people and let everyone else get on with it.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If the government decided to initiate a complete lockdown of Sydney or any other area that is responsible for large scale production, it would create more issues than the virus ever would.

If you have serious health issues that makes you likely to be at risk of this virus, then I can understand prepping accordingly and implementing a self imposed period of isolation. But all advice right now is telling people that the mortality rate isn't incredibly high among otherwise healthy people.

I don't think this is a zombie apocalypse type of situation where the struggle for resources will reach life or death proportions. But mass panic will no doubt contribute to some scarcity. It's a sad day for humanity when we stop trying to work together. It just highlights the difference between good people and assholes when you see some deciding to try to unload shelves through panic. Thankfully it's only been toilet paper so far.
One of the major concerns is shutting down schools and child cares. That means parents need to stay home to take care of their kids. That includes doctors and nurses.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wait.... What if Wilson was patient zero????

My mind is blown
Something I only just thought about. Tom Hanks is married to Rita Wilson. Do you think in bed he shouts, "Wilson! Wilson!"?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So...time to panic?
I'm the test subject for the kennel since my immune system is shut off. IF I get it, it's real lol

So far, St Vincent's told me to avoid medical centres and ER's and if urgent to call 000 to be taken straight there.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is really the evidence needed to make one last trip to survive. Toilet paper, water, sanitary devices, mince and all the other things.

If this pans out, all of a sudden things go to a new level.

People will take holidays to their bush retreats. Production on basic items will slow, while at the same time... consumption will ramp up.
Supermarket workers are going to say ‘fuck dis’ and quit, but not without raiding the shelves first.
The nightfillers will do similar, moreso they will ‘get high on their own supply’ and pilfer the food,mince, toilet paper and household items.

queues will get bigger. Like in Italy. Then peopel will get sick and start coughing and people will fight. Pandemonium breaks out. People loot in the commotion.

the next day the smaller stores like Telopea IGA will close temporarily once stock Runs out. Remaining staff will take what they can. This funnels people to the bigger stores, increasing the queues, pandemonium’s and infection.

Fights and fires start, police and firies cannot attend to it all as many have fled. Others are sick or taking precautions. Heavy burden on those already there.
Criminals notice and take advantage. Houses are robbed. Victims and perps get killed. Sounds Alarming but it’s true. Novice burglars get axed. Bankstowns pro offenders start filtering outwards and hit everywhere.

we have now entered complete shutdown and lawlessness. And the virus has spread further and families are dropping inside their own homes.
Others have missed the boat and are starving.

peopel getting sick in other diseases like MS can’t get a doctor, all preoccupied or even fled themselves.
Every man for hisself and only the strongest survive.

mths scariest is all this could be between now and end of April.

You need to get in the next few days whilst life is relatively calm.
Tomorrow Afternoon I’m going to the country. No one will know where me and my bitch will be at. En route, I’m going to raid the rural stores with my own advice, on top of the carload of stuff I already have.

I’d also recommend getting DVDs.
If you need any movie advice I can recommend stuff. Freddy got fingered is good. For more serious stuff anything from Tarantino, Kubrick and Scorsese is great.

load up, get stocked, then at night get drunk and watch Tv. Maybe board games.
Just like Walter White in New Hampshire in the last season of Breaking Bad.
Get your family, your wives, kids, parents and your homies. An elderly neighbour if you want to feel good about yourself.
I'm enjoying your posts brother, save me time from telling the same truths. Many people have their heads in the sand, gross mis-management on their part.

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The Victorian government announced that they're pushing forward all elective surgeries so they can get them all done within the next month and free up the beds for Coronavirus victims.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm the test subject for the kennel since my immune system is shut off. IF I get it, it's real lol

So far, St Vincent's told me to avoid medical centres and ER's and if urgent to call 000 to be taken straight there.
I was told the same by a doctor. I have symptoms that could be corona virus.. doctor said if they are not severe then simply stay home. If you go get tested, you may go into pathology without Corona virus and leave with it.

A

Alexander the Great

I did watch a podcast recently that made that very point.
Alot of medical staff and nurses would be forced to stay at home leaving the hospitals with huge staffing shortages.

Its a hot mess.
One of the major concerns is shutting down schools and child cares. That means parents need to stay home to take care of their kids. That includes doctors and nurses.

Status
Not open for further replies.