Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm absolutely over this!

NZ PM's conference today has single handedly ruined everything for us. Our wedding was in 2 weeks exactly in Auckland and I've just spent the last 5 hours telling my guests that the wedding is over. The emotional, financial and physical ride getting to this stage all for nothing.

Then you see these ***** at Woolies taking anything they can off the shelves. Just fucking over people and the reactive world we live in today!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

NZ PM's conference today has single handedly ruined everything for us. Our wedding was in 2 weeks exactly in Auckland and I've just spent the last 5 hours telling my guests that the wedding is over. The emotional, financial and physical ride getting to this stage all for nothing.

Then you see these ***** at Woolies taking anything they can off the shelves. Just fucking over people and the reactive world we live in today!
That sucks dude. And totally agree. People suck.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Sorry to hear man. Chin up though she still wants you for life

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

That’s shit mate

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Over this shit.!!!! Panic panic panic.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Sorry to hear bud..

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If anyone wants to know the main reason experts are concerned about this virus...

The virus was discovered on 31st December 2019. Between that date and the 7th March they discovered 100,000 new cases. Between 7th March and today (14th March) they discovered 46,000 new cases. For reference that's:

Phase one - 100,000 cases in 66 days

Phase two - 46,000 cases in 7 days

That's the problem here. The virus has a high infection rate and it's exponential. Even with China and Italy carrying out massive quarantine measures, the virus is getting much, much stronger.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Anyone find it weird theres only been 100 odd infected people in Australia and 2 of them are tom hanks and the health minister? Or are my numbers wrong.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone find it weird theres only been 100 odd infected people in Australia and 2 of them are tom hanks and the health minister? Or are my numbers wrong.
Slightly wrong. 226 confirmed cases in Australia. 27 in the last 12 hours. This is the problem with Coronavirus. Each person infects on average 1 - 2 others. So it starts out slow then the longer it goes the more numbers explode.

That's why South Korea 1 week ago had about 2,000 cases and now it has nearly 9,000. Germany had 300 now they have over 3,000.

It's a hard virus to read but it's an explosive virus. We're at the early stages where the virus is only affecting a small population but it will explode in the next few weeks.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

Sorry to hear bro... I hadn’t got that far along as yourself but I paid a 20% deposit in US dollars for my wedding in the pacific islands and then a Tsunami hit ... ucked it up but the resort was able to hold our deposit and we used it for a holiday latter. Hopefully there is a positive spin on your circumstances soon.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Slightly wrong. 226 confirmed cases in Australia. 27 in the last 12 hours. This is the problem with Coronavirus. Each person infects on average 1 - 2 others. So it starts out slow then the longer it goes the more numbers explode.

That's why South Korea 1 week ago had about 2,000 cases and now it has nearly 9,000. Germany had 300 now they have over 3,000.

It's a hard virus to read but it's an explosive virus. We're at the early stages where the virus is only affecting a small population but it will explode in the next few weeks.
Thanks for clarifying.
Still a bit suss about the whole thing

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sorry to hear bro... I hadn’t got that far along as yourself but I paid a 20% deposit in US dollars for my wedding in the pacific islands and then a Tsunami hit ... ucked it up but the resort was able to hold our deposit and we used it for a holiday latter. Hopefully there is a positive spin on your circumstances soon.
Hope so mate. Having a shit time already with vendors trying to get refunds, so not a good start.

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Looks like schools may close over the easter holidays. Extra week closed either side of the holidays. So shut down for 4 wks. Wife is a teacher and emails have already gone out to staff this week that the closure may happen if things continue to trend as they are

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Never before in the history of mankind has anyone been able to control the entire population of the world as effectively as it is being done over a (mild) flu virus.
Influenza A is far more deadly than this, but Corona evidently spreads very quickly- but here is the catch - Corona virus is one of the easiest viruses to kill.
Yep - simply use disinfectant to wash everything and you kill the virus.
So what exactly is this beat up - being a Conspiratist from way back I am watching how the entire world population is now being controlled. herded around like sheep and told what you can and cannot do.
How to shop, where to shop, where you can and can't go and all the sheeple are thanking the morons who are controlling their lives.
According to John Hopkins University at 9.00 am yesterday the overall mortality rate for Corona virus world wide, is 0.036% of those infected.
LIVE IN FEAR PEOPLE - LIVE IN FEAR!
Conspiracy theory is a mechanism to explain our individual lack of control in a world in which we are told we have so much control. Reality is that conspiracy theories give way too much credit to any sub-group of humanity (including the one targeted by any particular theory). Liberation is having a realistic view of what you can control (not much), and realising what aspects of your life you can at least influence and enjoy, including for the benefit of your loved ones (quite a lot it turns out).

Ultimately the conspiracy theory approach will let you down, because it encourages a divisive outlook, and uses circular logic (if you don't agree with my assertion about this theory, that must be because you are part of the conspiracy).

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Looks like schools may close over the easter holidays. Extra week closed either side of the holidays. So shut down for 4 wks. Wife is a teacher and emails have already gone out to staff this week that the closure may happen if things continue to trend as they are