Game one review

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lewis was standing way too deep at first reliever. Other’s can get away with that but he needs to stand closer.
My wife said the same thing about me,so I moved closer when relieving and now all is good.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I think the good things to take out of the match are:

We only lost by a lucky try to a team ppl are calling to be top 4 this year.

We lost 2 players days before the game that would have helped our attack a lot, so had excuses for not clicking there, and their defence was very good

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I was sat in front of the left corner post where Ferguson was attacking and I have to say our defence read parras attack perfectly

In one instance parra shifted the ball quick to Ferguson and Meaney was caught out. Instead of trying to defend two men, Meaney gunned it for the centre whilst remis swung around and attacked Ferguson on the wing. Watching it live it was awesome to see the cohesion in defence.

Have to say though there were times where Wakeham was calling for the ball but they kept going to Lewis. That’s surely pays gameplan.

Also watched Mitchell Moses pregame peppering the right wing with bombs. We nullified them superbly. I never once felt like our defence was stretched. The boys were moving as one and I have to give huge props to RFM and RT, absolute beasts.

All we needed was some second phase play and offloads. That’s where we missed CHN.

Anywho I left the game quite happy and I honestly felt the game had a finals feel to it.

Hopefully we can build on it throughout this season
It was our first game and wakeham needs to find his way and stamp his authority.he can put a player in a gap and if he can get hold of the ball more and has some players running off him a bit like how patten use to run off players I think we will be ok.we didn’t throw much in attack but pay may have said not to.if our defence can be like round one for the rest of the year our attack will come.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
It was our first game and wakeham needs to find his way and stamp his authority.he can put a player in a gap and if he can get hold of the ball more and has some players running off him a bit like how patten use to run off players I think we will be ok.we didn’t throw much in attack but pay may have said not to.if our defence can be like round one for the rest of the year our attack will come.
Yep. I think if Wakeham can get a better split of the ball, then the attack will look at lot better. At least he is creative.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im just re wathing the game. From the first half I have this to say, we were penalised 3 times for tackling a player in mid air, and lost the ball 3 times in good attacking position. Lewis actually made some very good kicks, DWZ put us under immense pressure a number of times, and To'omaga's hit to dislodge the ball on half time was fantastic.
Overall we wasted our chances and made some crucial mistakes. But we were by no means shit, and the heavy criticism of how we played was wuite unwarranted. First half anyway..