Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can't claim to be an expert on this, but have tried to keep abreast of it all considering how much is going on in Italy and now Slovenia where I live.

The issue with this virus is that it's been passed from one person to the other without showing symptoms. That means it's incredibly difficult to isolate and quarantine infected populations, which is why Italy and now Slovenia have compeletly shut down. In fact, when you catch this virus it's the most infectious time.

Adding to this it's not only surface transfer but airborne too. Not to the same degree as chickenpox for example, but it's in the air which makes it even harder to control. We're all looking at not touching objects, but are still breathing it in apparently.

I'm honestly really concerned for Aus because it doesn't seem like anyone is truly taking it seriously.
It's not technically airborne, but kind of is. It travels in droplets of water so it's primarily a surface contact virus. But if the droplets stay in the air for some time then it's kind of airborne.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
We're now at 145,000 cases and over 5,400 recorded deaths.

I say "recorded" because some countries like Iran have been found to falsify death reports to try to make it look like it's not as far spread as it is.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
At least they were fresh.
Lol the boys were flying off their head last night some how ended up at a party I was crashed my fat pig party animal mate turns up to this party announces he bought duck feet for all you poofters turns out the bloke hosting the party was a gay vegan lol.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's not technically airborne, but kind of is. It travels in droplets of water so it's primarily a surface contact virus. But if the droplets stay in the air for some time then it's kind of airborne.
Exactly. Thinking though that's it's enough not to touch anything, and not to touch your face is a dangerous thing to do though. While true it's primarily surface contact, in Italy they've been presenting how people simply in the same room as someone infected but didn't touch any 'infected areas' still became sick.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Exactly. Thinking though that's it's enough not to touch anything, and not to touch your face is a dangerous thing to do though. While true it's primarily surface contact, in Italy they've been presenting how people simply in the same room as someone infected but didn't touch any 'infected areas' still became sick.
Yep. It's pretty freaky. On the plus side the disease doesn't make you sneeze, but it does make you cough and if you have it and you sneeze due to something else, you're bound to spread it any which way

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep. It's pretty freaky. On the plus side the disease doesn't make you sneeze, but it does make you cough and if you have it and you sneeze due to something else, you're bound to spread it any which way
My mate over hear with me is a big bong head he is constantly coughing a lung up.i yell out I told you ,you shouldn't of went to China but noooo.
You should see how fast people move

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
I am always amazed at how much I actually touch my face when I become conscious of it. Itchy nose, bit of stuff in my eyelash, corner of my eye, wiping my mouth after a drink etc, etc.

Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

Rest In Peace Mate
Premium Member
Reaction score
What are we looking at here, 12 Monkeys, 28 Days, Outbreak, Resident Evil, a dodgy Dim Sim?

The WHO have yet to declare an emergency, yet China have quarantined the city at the centre of the outbreak - https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01...helms-hospitals-fears-it-will-spread/11888588

Over 500 known cases, yet the death rate seems low at this stage with only 17 confirmed.

The Virus has now been detected in Thailand, USA and Korea.

A genuine global threat or another beat up?
Never before in the history of mankind has anyone been able to control the entire population of the world as effectively as it is being done over a (mild) flu virus.
Influenza A is far more deadly than this, but Corona evidently spreads very quickly- but here is the catch - Corona virus is one of the easiest viruses to kill.
Yep - simply use disinfectant to wash everything and you kill the virus.
So what exactly is this beat up - being a Conspiratist from way back I am watching how the entire world population is now being controlled. herded around like sheep and told what you can and cannot do.
How to shop, where to shop, where you can and can't go and all the sheeple are thanking the morons who are controlling their lives.
According to John Hopkins University at 9.00 am yesterday the overall mortality rate for Corona virus world wide, is 0.036% of those infected.
LIVE IN FEAR PEOPLE - LIVE IN FEAR!

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All this cause some primitive **** got the shits and picked up his bat and ball and went home
Then ate the bat

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Looking past the humour of the toilet paper fiasco of late, there is definitely some less-obvious panic settling in.

Mrs CD's best friend in Melbourne has decided to buy a freezer in case they need to self isolate for a period of time or the Armageddon comes or whatever. Problem is: most retailers have sold out!

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What's the bet pretty soon once the world economy goes tits up they will be encouraging fit and younger people to actually to get the virus to build some sort of restiance for the future.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
New Zealand’s Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has announced that every person who enters the country will now be required to enter self-isolation for 14 days.
Spewing was hoping they wouldn't let me leave for another 2 weeks and keep me in lockdown weather is perfect here

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Last 2 cricket odi have been called off, presumably so the kiwis can get home before they have to do a 14 day quarantine period

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The Super Rugby has listened to the Government advice and limited their crowds to 500..apparently no one will notice the difference..

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Never before in the history of mankind has anyone been able to control the entire population of the world as effectively as it is being done over a (mild) flu virus.
Influenza A is far more deadly than this, but Corona evidently spreads very quickly- but here is the catch - Corona virus is one of the easiest viruses to kill.
Yep - simply use disinfectant to wash everything and you kill the virus.
So what exactly is this beat up - being a Conspiratist from way back I am watching how the entire world population is now being controlled. herded around like sheep and told what you can and cannot do.
How to shop, where to shop, where you can and can't go and all the sheeple are thanking the morons who are controlling their lives.
According to John Hopkins University at 9.00 am yesterday the overall mortality rate for Corona virus world wide, is 0.036% of those infected.
LIVE IN FEAR PEOPLE - LIVE IN FEAR!
Where did John's Hopkins share that?

WHO currently has it at 3.4% case mortality rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.