Wakeham to 7, Lewis to 6 purely on his defence!!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
That may well turn out to be true. But you cant make such claims after w game that we were very much in until the end. And as @TwinTurbo said, it was a vast improvement on our first game last year! We were also up against a very good team and were missing about $1.8 mil of talent. Not to mention the shit week that we have had.
Id even go as far as to say that Pay has done a pretty good job of keeping the team focused on the task at hand given everything thats happened this week.
Give him until the end of the year, and if the results have still not improved, go all out in your criticism.
Are you happy with our attack, game plan and bench rotation? You think it's acceptable since pay tool over?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeh Lewis's defence and kicking game is good but he's no good at steering the team around, he drives like he's drunk

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
lol changing the numbers won't do anything.

The whole spine needs an overhaul.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
lol changing the numbers won't do anything.

The whole spine needs an overhaul.
Well it would change things because we wouldn't have an idiot racking up 70+ useless touches and crippling the side

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's frustrating, i sit here and wonder what games these fans have been watching for last 3yrs.

Last night for example, effort and defence was amazing , but we couldnt score in a brothel. So so so obvious Lewis has no attacking skills, has only 1 kick in his arsenal, can't setup tries, is slow, has no running game, no vision yet he had his hands on thr ball most of the time.
There was no attacking game plan except for 5 hitups and Lewis belting it high straight to fb.
I could go on and on and on about other players and their selections... he had all off season to prepare and this was the attacking rubbish that was dished out..
Partially agree but Parra has a million dollar half and a 750,000 five eight and scored one lucky try, I think we need a new spot for LL and try both Cogger and Wakeham at least see how they go this year

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
But he consistently gets it wrong even with what he's got.
Let the bloke coach with a decent roster...

Our spinE is pathetic and we haven’t had any money to buy Anyone anyway

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Are you happy with our attack, game plan and bench rotation? You think it's acceptable since pay tool over?
His bench rotation is a bit confusing at times, and sure, our attack has been less then ordinary. But thats got a lot to do with the team we have to be fair. Not only have we been hamstrung by the cap, we have also been missing our chief playmaker for the majority of the past 2 years. Do you not think it would be a lot better if we had foran and wakeham side by side?
We have been in a situation where we have had very few strike players, and not a lot to choose from as far as backups. But we are starting to see some good signs from youngsters like Averilo, Harper, and wakeham, so the future is definitely looking better. Its a real changing of the guard atm. So when players like tolman, montoya, holland, etc etc finish up and replaced with players like Thompson and hopefully some more quality signings, then hopefully we will see big improvements.
I honestly think Pay has done a pretty good job with limited options. We are 1 game in and we accounted for ourselves pretty well. I will give it a couple more rounds before i make judgement.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pay will have to react before 2021. This has surely got to be the last season of woeful attack.

If the players don't cut it in the spine go and sign some quality. Canberra a side who made the final last year weren't happy with the mediocrity of Sezer. We have to be ruthless and if they aren't controlling games consistently this season they need to go.

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think we should not go nuts after one game and see what happens after 3. What would every body say if we put Cogger and Wakeham in next week and we lost by 20
and score 2 trys. Do we throw out another half and bring in some else. I think over the next few weeks Wakeham will be given the licence to run the side in attack and Lewis will be asked to step back a bit.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As it stands now:

Marshall-King OUT
Lewis will be OUT if our attack stutters this season

Wakeham IN
Cogger not seeing game time
Foran IN - sign him on less coin as a backup with a coaching role down the track.

Sign a halfback for 2021 while keeping Wakeham and Foran on the books.

Sign a hooker for 2021 - give Katoa a run in the team now.

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Such a proud effort tonight but proud efforts don't bring you 2 points.
We need more in attack, some spark which I think Wakeham could bring.
Defence was great, commitment was great.
How will changing jerseys make a difference?
It’s like getting Hoppa and Smith to wrap or Jackson and Stimson

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Going on our strategy looks like the Warriors are in for some new halves 20 - 0 loss There halves can't even defend

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m never happy, but I am realistic enough to acknowledge that the attack, game plane and bench rotation is totally dependant on the players available to the coaching staff. It’s undeniable that we do not have a high quality roster with marchee players with game busting talents. Which is totally caused by salary cap constraints that are in their last year of effect.

Go Dogs

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
As it stands now:

Marshall-King OUT
Lewis will be OUT if our attack stutters this season

Wakeham IN
Cogger not seeing game time
Foran IN - sign him on less coin as a backup with a coaching role down the track.

Sign a halfback for 2021 while keeping Wakeham and Foran on the books.

Sign a hooker for 2021 - give Katoa a run in the team now.
Yup, Katoa needs a run now. I agree.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lack of attack, lack of game plan and bench rotation has not improved.

Deny it all you want.

Blow wogs.
If we won this game no one would be questioning the game plan, bench rotations or any other facet of the game. This is just what hapens when we lose. Unfortunately this has happened way too much these past years.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The difference being we have seen the Parra halves create. We are yet to see anything like that from Lewis.
If we do Lewis then who do we promote? Cogger. And if he fails, who do we promote??? Do you see my point? Everyone complaining that he is shit seems to think that we have plenty of options, when in fact we have very few, and none re exceptionally good. So unfortunately, Lewis is the besy choice we have because, if nothing else, he is at least a bloody good defender.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If we do Lewis then who do we promote? Cogger. And if he fails, who do we promote??? Do you see my point? Everyone complaining that he is shit seems to think that we have plenty of options, when in fact we have very few, and none re exceptionally good. So unfortunately, Lewis is the besy choice we have because, if nothing else, he is at least a bloody good defender.
Except the best choice we have is Wakeham. Lewis has absolutely no business playing halfback and needs to be booted from their asap as he's crippling the side. If Lewis has to be in the side then it's in the 6 playing a supporting role and executing clearing kicks and bombs when required.

Either way who plays where doesn't matter as a ball won't be kicked for months after this round, Pay at least now has some extra time to.make some changes to the side that are badly needed.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If we won this game no one would be questioning the game plan, bench rotations or any other facet of the game. This is just what hapens when we lose. Unfortunately this has happened way too much these past years.
Why can't you guys understand it's not just this game? It's the same old bullshit from game 1 of pay in charge.

He is over his head and doesn't listen to assistant coaches.

PS I totally agree with your last sentence. Pay is a big part of that whether you believe me or not.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I’m never happy, but I am realistic enough to acknowledge that the attack, game plane and bench rotation is totally dependant on the players available to the coaching staff. It’s undeniable that we do not have a high quality roster with marchee players with game busting talents. Which is totally caused by salary cap constraints that are in their last year of effect.

Go Dogs
A good tradesman doesn't blame his tools.