News Bulldogs coach Dean Pay the man to help Canterbury recover from scandal

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The only Scandal I know about atm is HOLLAND ON THE FUKN BENCH!!!!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm sure plenty will scream over reaction,witch hunt etc etc, but i think these guys will both be given the sack, and you can harsly blame the club for doing so. These guys fixed uo massively and brought this whole thing on themselves.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m just sick of our club being dragged through the mud by dumb players. We all know what happens in the media if there is the slightest problem and so would the players. If it takes these two getting sacked for it to finally sink in that they have to think about their actions so be it. It’s probably harsh on CHN but if that what it takes so be it.

When a player leaves a club these days they always talk about rugby league being a business. It seems it’s only a business for them when they are signing a juicy contract and it goes out the window after that.

Last edited:

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
mate I asked the question earlier because it's a big concern for me as a supporter, and I assume many others. I'm not out there talking about it outside of these threads. It's cleared up now
Nah that’s fair enough bro I just thought a few had already mentioned he was single. Cause others are saying he’s married just pulled it out of their a....

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Just to check .. .you're comparing Pay's 'inaction' on Elliot's Mad Monday episode to CHN + Okunbor's sexual exploits at Coffs?
Comparing? No. Possibly contributed? Yes.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hope Pay gets sacked...

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why did no one carry on about Tyrone May for Penrith , why wasn't he sacked ?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hope Pay gets sacked...
Watched Dymock and Holbrook go around yesterday... Dare I say they probably should be coaching the dogs atm considering they both had a fair bit of time at Belmore.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
But he broke Penrith and nrl code of conduct also.
There was no evidence he met and started engaging with the girl at a club/NRL sanctioned function and possibly did not violate workplace laws.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m just sick of our club being dragged through the mud by dumb players. We all know what happens in the media if there is the slightest problem and so would the players. If it takes these two getting sacked for it to finally sink in that they have to think about their actions so be it. It’s probably harsh on CHN but if that what it takes so be it.

When are player leaves a club these days they always talk about rugby league being a business. It seems it’s only a business for them when they are signing a juicy contract and it goes out the window after that.
Agreed, and I think Kenty is correct in that they will be sacked and made unemployable in the NRL.

If the club is going to take this hard line they should, in their statement, make a statement about expecting the NRL to respect the sackings, and for all other NRL clubs to employ similar standards...guilt the Nrl and the clubs into sacking those that should be sacked but are playing atm.

Of course, the club needs to ensure they aren’t ignoring the players workplace rights.

While I’ve read various accounts of how CHN ended up with the girl, at the end of the day he would have received repeated education sessions of how he is expected to act, which should have included something about not having on night stands with girls that appear young enough to still be at school without being 100% sure they aren’t, and certainly not whilst on a club-sanctioned trip that includes publicity events.

And I’d be amazed if the club didn’t warn the players to be on their absolute best behaviour for this first trip to the mid north coast since the Coffs saga.

FFS, Coreys 24yo, certainly old enough to know better.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was no evidence he met and started engaging with the girl at a club/NRL sanctioned function and possibly did not violate workplace laws.
Yes but whats worse doing something illegal were you have been charged or breaking work rules?

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Whether in agreement or not the abuse of power for sexual gratification- when in an official position of authority in a school setting is serious. Apart from the moral considerations it reflects poorly on the character of the player that they would be so self centred as to engage so consciously on site, later in phone messaging and then the actual acts - it wasn't a momentary action of poor judgement. It seems there are two distinct cases - the player knowingly involving themselves with the schoolgirl will have employment issues long after this.

I still think that DUI or diving under the influence of drugs is worse.

Last edited:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
There is plenty of evidence that Okunbor did not engage with the girl at an NRL sanctioned event (ie; school publicity visit) and did not violate any workplace laws.

Go Dogs

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yes but whats worse doing something illegal were you have been charged or breaking work rules?
The cases where laws were broken are still before the courts (De Belin, Scott), are outside jurisdiction of Australian authorities (Sivo) or have already been legally dealt with (Inglis).

If those still before the courts are found guilty expect heavy sanctions from the NRL.

I know it looks inconsistent at first glance but when it’s a legal matter the NRL is restricted with what it can do until those processes are complete.

In this case, with no legal process and being a workplace matter, the club and NRL can act without delay and within their published conduct guidelines.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
There is plenty of evidence that Okunbor did not engage with the girl at an NRL sanctioned event (ie; school publicity visit) and did not violate any workplace laws.

Go Dogs
Is there? I suspect not everything known has been made public at this stage.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Is there? I suspect not everything known has been made public at this stage.
There’s a social media post where he asks if she was there today, plainly that’s evidence that he didn’t know until she confirmed. Obviously he didn’t “pick/chat her up” at school. The pictures are meaningless, players have 100’s of pictures taken everyday and wouldn’t remember most of them even being taken let alone who was in them.

Go Dogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Whether in agreement or not the abuse of power for sexual gratification- when in an official position of authority in a school setting is serious. Apart from the moral considerations it reflects poorly on the character of the player that they would be so self centred as to engage so consciously on site, later in phone messaging and then the actual acts - it wasn't a momentary action of poor judgement. It seems there are two distinct cases - the player knowingly involving themselves with the schoolgirl will have employment issues long after this.

I still think that DUI or diving under the influence of drugs is worse.
According to the evidence to date that’s factually incorrect, no abuse of power, not in a position of authority, no engagement on site.

Go Dogs