News Jayden Okunbor and Corey Harawira-Naera stood down

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Lol I know who your talking about but , I'm not good with names... There was a guy that used to call all the time drunk as a skunk and he'd constantly whinge about players having there's socks down... He was hilarious..
There is definitely some drunk fools mate. Some are off chops, I love it haha

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
That storm block gets fired..
Shane? He’s a unit hey. No one argues to his face and he blows up. Ex front rower. We have a few Ivan’s on here bro haha

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
CHN would have been a difference tonight.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
CHN would have been a difference tonight.
I agree CHN would have made a difference tonight, of cause we will never know but I have to admit I was proud of the boys tonight they stayed strong and played as a team. They could have very easily allowed the distraction of the weeks events to weigh upon their minds and hung their heads but in true Bulldogs spirit the grinded and bashed Parra all over the park only losing to a lucky try 15 minutes from full time. If Parra are the competition favorites as the experts say and we are wooden spoon contenders, then on tonight's showing the Eels have a lot of work to do to live up to all the hype. If our boys can solidify and gain confidence in each other and improve our attack with every passing game we just might make the eight. Go Dogs. :grinning:

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
CHN, I hope you were watching tonight. I hope it's hit home about how privileged you are to be playing this great sport at the highest level and even more for one of the greatest clubs in this competition.

If it hasn't dawned upon you yet then perhaps as Craig Bellamy does at the start of every pre-season, these entitled fuckers should be made to go and work for 2 weeks straight on constructions sites and be made to labour away in ugly unbearable conditions and then be made to come and train after working every day so that they appreciate what they have when playing in the NRL.

You CHN have not just let your self down, but your teammates and your fans. Tonight your team, your teammates and your fans needed you out there BUT you couldn't be there because of a selfish act by an even more selfish person.

It will take a lot for you to make it up to those who allowed you into their inner sanctum and I hope the last few days have hit home for you to get your shit together.

A

Alexander the Great

Well said mate. If he was there tonight we may have got the 2 points.
CHN, I hope you were watching tonight. I hope it's hit home about how privileged you are to be playing this great sport at the highest level and even more for one of the greatest clubs in this competition.

If it hasn't dawned upon you yet then perhaps as Craig Bellamy does at the start of every pre-season, these entitled fuckers should be made to go and work for 2 weeks straight on constructions sites and be made to labour away in ugly unbearable conditions and then be made to come and train after working every day so that they appreciate what they have when playing in the NRL.

You CHN have not just let your self down, but your teammates and your fans. Tonight your team, your teammates and your fans needed you out there BUT you couldn't be there because of a selfish act by an even more selfish person.

It will take a lot for you to make it up to those who allowed you into their inner sanctum and I hope the last few days have hit home for you to get your shit together.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Very well put mate. He would've made a massive difference. Hope that he somehow remains at the club, and really kicks on from this lesson.

Didn't realise that about Bellamy. Is that true? He makes the players work on construction sites? Love it. Fucking love it. What we need to do at the Dogs!

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Very well put mate. He would've made a massive difference. Hope that he somehow remains at the club, and really kicks on from this lesson.

Didn't realise that about Bellamy. Is that true? He makes the players work on construction sites? Love it. Fucking love it. What we need to do at the Dogs!
Yeah bro, every year during preseason every player is made to go and work on building sites and made to do hard labour and then still go to training so that they appreciate what they have and don’t take it for granted.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah bro, every year during preseason every player is made to go and work on building sites and made to do hard labour and then still go to training so that they appreciate what they have and don’t take it for granted.
Fucking love that. LOVE it. We really should do that ourselves. Brilliant approach me thinks.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Every new player to the top squad*

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Enough, i have been silent for a good number of months trying every inch of my mind to give this board the benefit of the doubt, however after this fiasco i'm not keeping my mouth shut. There is an agenda against this club like no other, two grown men broke club rules by taking two school girls of legal age back to the hotel room, a mistake was made but does the so called punishment fit the crime, the answer is NO. The attitude of the NRL towards this situation is simple, they wont to be a viewed as a organisation that punishes clubs no matter what the consequences are surrounding the situation of the events taking place, but the only club that really gets targeted is simply the Bulldogs why because unfortunately the whole competition including ( fans, officials, board members, sponsors) frankly no body likes us that's fair enough and quite frankly don't give a F**K. I was born a Bulldogs supporter, raised a Bulldogs supporter, and will be proud to die as a Bulldogs supporter.

All the current articles being released by NEWS CORP are trying to find emotional grounds to all fans and Bulldogs supporters for these two players to get sacked, knowing perfectly the NRL has no grounds to sack or deregester there contracts. Please don't let them bait you these guys are well paid and are trained extremely well into trying to manipulate the situations towards the agenda that they see fit.

PS: If the club bends over and and lets the nrl and todd about to lose his job greenturd give it to them then expect this to be a red carpet from the club to the nrl to be the new norm. The club needs to take a hard stance because frankly every other club is backing the team and players no matter how severe the situation is.

EG: Curtis Scott - assaulted police officer
Dylan Walker - assaulted his girlfriend
Jack Debalin - rape
Greg Inglis - bender with a known celebrity
Sam Burgess - social exposure while married towards a fan

This is the perfect opportunity for the club to stand by the team and players and most importantly the fans and not let this great club to be used as disposable trash.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We're the family club. It's better for us in the long run if we set strong standards (honestly just standards) to wear our jersey. It's a privilege not a right to play NRL and those two boys really tainted the start of our season. Looking at the players as players, there's one I wouldn't mind us releasing and one I'd rather not but I don't think it's fair to pick and choose if they've done the same thing.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree with the article in the other thread, the NRL are desperately searching for a crime, some crime, any crime that will fit the punishment that they have already decided on. Which if I had to guess I would say is contract termination and deregistration for a period time not less than 1 year. But as the NRL’s own gender adviser has said, there isn’t much of a crime here for them to allocate the punishment to. They both committed the same offence, breaking the players code of conduct by bringing females back to their rooms. Not a single crime committed by either in the legal sense and stupidity (which there are most certainly guilty of) unfortunately isn’t a crime either.

Does the NRL have a “bringing the game into disrepute” clause in the players contracts? I don’t believe so.

In which case it’s a dangerous precedent terminating a player’s contract and deregistering him for a breach of the code of conduct. They’ll have a dozen players gone every season if, by setting this precedent, that’s deemed a good enough reason. Plus it discourages clubs from reporting player conduct breaches as they don’t want to lose them.

Undoubtedly the NRL spin doctors are hard at work searching for a solution, should be an interesting couple of days.

Go Dogs

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Honestly.....im strong on team policy and protocols, however it's time for the rules to be engineered so that the whole fucking world understands it so we don't get into a tiz when things happen.

Too many grey areas in relation to sex sex and sex.

All the cases of late are related to sex.

What's the policy for sex with legal aged people?

What's the policy with cyber/online sex? Eg Burgess.

What's the policy with group sex??

Drugs?
Attire?
Freedom of speech?

Have we not learnt anything from the Izzy fiasco.

We're the family club. It's better for us in the long run if we set strong standards (honestly just standards) to wear our jersey. It's a privilege not a right to play NRL and those two boys really tainted the start of our season. Looking at the players as players, there's one I wouldn't mind us releasing and one I'd rather not but I don't think it's fair to pick and choose if they've done the same thing.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I agree with the article in the other thread, the NRL are desperately searching for a crime, some crime, any crime that will fit the punishment that they have already decided on. Which if I had to guess I would say is contract termination and deregistration for a period time not less than 1 year. But as the NRL’s own gender adviser has said, there isn’t much of a crime here for them to allocate the punishment to. They both committed the same offence, breaking the players code of conduct by bringing females back to their rooms. Not a single crime committed by either in the legal sense and stupidity (which there are most certainly guilty of) unfortunately isn’t a crime either.

Does the NRL have a “bringing the game into disrepute” clause in the players contracts? I don’t believe so.

In which case it’s a dangerous precedent terminating a player’s contract and deregistering him for a breach of the code of conduct. They’ll have a dozen players gone every season if, by setting this precedent, that’s deemed a good enough reason. Plus it discourages clubs from reporting player conduct breaches as they don’t want to lose them.

Undoubtedly the NRL spin doctors are hard at work searching for a solution, should be an interesting couple of days.

Go Dogs
The Working with Children legislation is where the answer lies (and perhaps the players employment contracts to a certain point).

It’s not a criminal matter as was made clear from the beginning, but that doesn’t mean it’s not a matter subject to employment dismissal. If I did the same thing I could lose my job too and I have no public profile.

Had Okunbor first met the girl away from school property outside school hours it would be different matter (though there’s still no accounting for stupidity).

Turbo, I agree with many of your posts but this one I have to call you out on.

Feel free to look up the Working with Children legislation if you believe otherwise.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Working with Children legislation is where the answer lies (and perhaps the players employment contracts to a certain point).

It’s not a criminal matter as was made clear from the beginning, but that doesn’t mean it’s not a matter subject to employment dismissal. If I did the same thing I could lose my job too and I have no public profile.

Had Okunbor first met the girl away from school property outside school hours it would be different matter (though there’s still no accounting for stupidity).

Turbo, I agree with many of your posts but this one I have to call you out on.

Feel free to look up the Working with Children legislation if you believe otherwise.
So you consider a person that can legally have sex to be a child?

So you are questioning our legislation?

As TT also mentioned, there was no "grooming" at the school on"work time" as clearly indicated by messages that have been publicly displayed.