Lewis is the worst half to ever play any form of football for 125 years

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think the problem with Lewis is that he's too premeditated. It's as if he's already made his mind up about what he's gonna do before he even gets the ball, therefore he's seemed to be uncreative.

Although he's not a terrible player, I just can't see him leading us to premiership contention.
He is a terrible player and the longer he’s there the further away we’ll be getting from anywhere near a premiership

A

Alexander the Great

If our halves did well last night we would have had points on the scoreboard.
Firstly for the Lewis knockers,he put 2 lovely kicks that almost led to tries,we got the ball back,his defence was excellent,and what's the alternative,then he put another beautiful cross field kick,when hoppa got the ball,and gave it to Crichton,5metres from the line,any other winger would have scored.,so turn the attention to others,and leave the kid alone,our halves did very well last night

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All his bombs and cross fielders were on point... All the kicks to get us out of trouble went a mile... his 35m touch finder from the centre of the field was a cracker BUT His grubbers are shockers and he needs to speed up his kicking style because by the time he actually kicks the chasers are all offside.
Fair assumption,the passes from dummy half were terrible all night,jmk not a hooker,bench player at best

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I have never seen a wilder statement than this. Lewis is yet to set up a single try that has my heart fluttering going wow he is special. There is no coach or game plan to fix this player
Go and watch last season’s game against the Donkeys. If you can’t appreciate the cut out pass for the try and then the cross field kick for the try then there’s no hope for you.

Go Dogs

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dont know why we did not go to Wakham more in attacking positions. Better pass and better short kick.

Lewis certainly does not deserve the lock in starting 7 status he seems to have with Pay. Think Lewis is a perfect example of Pays obsession with defence.

There is a real footballer in there but agree he lacks the technical skills required to be an NRL 7.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Firstly for the Lewis knockers,he put 2 lovely kicks that almost led to tries,we got the ball back,his defence was excellent,and what's the alternative,then he put another beautiful cross field kick,when hoppa got the ball,and gave it to Crichton,5metres from the line,any other winger would have scored.,so turn the attention to others,and leave the kid alone,our halves did very well last night
that's all you have to show for 80 minutes of him trying to create, all we needed was 1 try to win that game and yes lewis is a big reason we only needed 1 try

the most important point is that he was winding down the tackle count to get to his kick, we are like a bad soccer team that relies on a long ball hoping to score a goal

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
that's all you have to show for 80 minutes of him trying to create, all we needed was 1 try to win that game and yes lewis is a big reason we only needed 1 try

the most important point is that he was winding down the tackle count to get to his kick, we are like a bad soccer team that relies on a long ball hoping to score a goal
I couldn't agree more with your definition of our attack,he created the only chance we had,the winger wasn't good enough,and to point the finger solely at lewis,is wrong,I said before the game he should have started with katoa at hooker,he played very well in the trials,the service from dummy half was abysmal.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Don't post such rubbish. There is no need to exaggerate in such a ridiculous manner. I would have disliked if such button existed.
Hi guys, since a disagree/dislike button now exists, lets all downvote the clown.

Thanks

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If Lewis can bulk up 10-15 more kg in muscle he would make a handy back rower. Not sure he can be a lock with how the game is today were you play 3 middle forwards.

But as a lock if he can develop a hole running game and he can develop a crisp short pass. He has the makings of a decent player. He can even put some bombs up from time to time.

As a half he needs to develop way too many skills to be viable. Short kicking game, long kicking game, short passing, long ball, step, speed, acceleration. And that is while not even considering game awareness and decision making.

I can respect his fanboys for not giving up. And I can respect his defence and his determination. But if we couldn’t turn Reynolds into a top line half what hope do we have with Lewis.

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If Lewis can bulk up 10-15 more kg in muscle he would make a handy back rower. Not sure he can be a lock with how the game is today were you play 3 middle forwards.

But as a lock if he can develop a hole running game and he can develop a crisp short pass. He has the makings of a decent player. He can even put some bombs up from time to time.

As a half he needs to develop way too many skills to be viable. Short kicking game, long kicking game, short passing, long ball, step, speed, acceleration. And that is while not even considering game awareness and decision making.

I can respect his fanboys for not giving up. And I can respect his defence and his determination. But if we couldn’t turn Reynolds into a top line half what hope do we have with Lewis.
Why do people have this obsession with thinking if players are shit in one position, they might succeed in another. In most cases the same shortcomings in their game/skills will still be an issue. Why can’t we just be brutally honest and admit that some players just aren’t good enough for first grade and sack them rather than giving them a contract extension and more opportunities. Definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome. Accepting mediocrity won’t lead to success

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep you’re crazy, Lewis isn’t a half, but he’s certainly not a centre, he’s a no 18 for me
Maybe about Lewis, I would like to see Hoppa used one off the ruck.
I think he would create more opportunities in attack.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Why do people have this obsession with thinking if players are shit in one position, they might succeed in another. In most cases the same shortcomings in their game/skills will still be an issue. Why can’t we just be brutally honest and admit that some players just aren’t good enough for first grade and sack them rather than giving them a contract extension and more opportunities. Definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome. Accepting mediocrity won’t lead to success
Exactly. He shouldn't be anywhere in the team

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He just needs to be dropped. If he wants to play first grade again he needs to improve his game. A player of his size could be a really dangerous running half but he doesn’t seem to be that type of player at all

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tits all fantastic according to one fans' comment regarding Lewis..lol..

Proud of this team, attack was a little off but Wakeham and Lewis will work well into the year, Lewis’s towering boobs and that near try with chriton and Hopoate was unlucky .. everyone thought we would get belted my dad and I knew the dogs wouldn’t back down. Very proud

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
I just rewatched the game with a focus on our halves.

For the most part Lewis kicked long, bombed high in good positions and got early ball out to Wakeham, Elliot, Britt and Hoppa. It was infact our centres and wingers that failed to finish off half opportunities in space. Hoppa and Smith killed off plenty of plays in space. And Smith failed to find Meaney in room on a handful of occasions. Hoppa and Crichton clearly couldn't read each other and passes failed to connect, or in a few occasions were thrown too late by Hoppa whilst Crichton lurked behind in no mans land.

Wakeham got his hands on the ball in a few attacking positions but at times threw the wrong ball. Lewis did the same on multiple occasions, but actually for the most part did draw in his man and pass. Lewis remained composed and did not overplay his hand, he got early ball out despite receiving sub par ball out from dummy half.

In summary don't point the finger at Lewis for our lack of points, Wakeham would have massively struggled under increased responsibility, and our halves are surrounded by two of the worst centre and wing combinations in the league. We need some class on the edges ASAP

We should target something like:

1. Meaney (already signed for 2021)
2. Rapana
3. DWZ
4. Hoppa (already signed for 2021)
5. Addo-Carr

With Thompson in for Tolman and hopefully a new dummy half, we will be a force.

Last edited:

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you tell me how many times Lewis stops with ball in hand and puts the kick up? It's slow motion stuff. Because he is stopping our backsbacks had to halt their run which then didn't allow enough time to contest the high balls. Lewis needs to learn how to kick on the run so the backs are level with him as he is kicking.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
I just rewatched the game with a focus on our halves.

For the most part Lewis kicked long, bombed high in good positions and got early ball out to Wakeham, Elliot, Britt and Hoppa. It was infact our centres and wingers that failed to finish off half opportunities in space. Hoppa and Smith killed off plenty of plays in space. And Smith failed to find Meaney in room on a handful of occasions. Hoppa and Crichton clearly couldn't read each other and passes failed to connect, or in a few occasions were thrown too late by Hoppa whilst Crichton lurked behind in no mans land.

Wakeham got his hands on the ball in a few attacking positions but at times threw the wrong ball. Lewis did the same on multiple occasions, but actually for the most part did draw in his man and pass. Lewis remained composed and did not overplay his hand, he got early ball out despite receiving sub par ball out from dummy half.

In summary don't point the finger at Lewis for our lack of points, Wakeham would have massively struggled under increased responsibility, and our halves are surrounded by two of the worst centre and wing combinations in the league. We need some class on the edges ASAP

We should target something like:

1. Meaney (already signed for 2021)
2. Rapana
3. DWZ
4. Hoppa (already signed for 2021)
5. Addo-Carr

With Thompson in for Tolman and hopefully a new dummy half, we will be a force.
I've been saying all off season our strike out wide is the issue. Halves are an overrated commodity they all have the basic skills required

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
True mate, been calling it for a while.

Just saw manlys star studded side get whipped by thr storm.

They could not score either...

At least Lewis isn't on 1 mill ++ like Dce..
I've been saying all off season our strike out wide is the issue. Halves are an overrated commodity they all have the basic skills required