Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The Prime Minister is holding a press conference right now. Basics of it:

- advice for all Australians to avoid gatherings with more than 500 people

- advice to avoid overseas travel

- may implement large group gathering bans in the next few weeks

He's still going to the footy though.
I've got a dinner tomorrow with about 200 people. Will be going.
My own industry body is continuing with its state conference next month (similar numbers).

The real elephant in the room is public transport. All well and good to ban fans from sporting events, but hundreds of thousands of us get on packed peak hour trains, buses, trams and ferries, cheek to jowl, to get to work every day

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Eels Looking Good For 2020 Premiership If Remainder Of NRL Season Gets Cancelled In Next 6 Hours

CLANCY OVERELL | Editor | CONTACT

Parramatta’s 2020 line up look to end the club’s 34-year premiership drought, and they hit the ground running with an 8-2 win over arch-rivals Canterbury.

Even in the midst of the coronavirus panic, the Eels almost packed out the holy BankWest stadium, proving that their fans haven’t given up hope just yet.
Despite the current pandemic, concussion dramas, a sex scandal for the Bulldogs and both clubs on the brink of financial collapse – the NRL season is off to a roaring start in the round one opener – which also might have been the grand final.

The National Rugby League is reportedly holding crisis talks today as the board decides if they should do a little bit more than absolutely fuck all about coronavirus.

While there is a possibility of the rugby league following the NBA’s lead in American and cancelling all future matches indefinitely, there is also talk of taking games behind closed doors and locking out crowds in response to the coronavirus pandemic.

Despite Prime Minister Morrison begging them not to cancel matches out of fear he might have to go another month without being photographed wearing the scarf of a club that hates him – the possibility of a footy free winter is becoming even more of a possibility.

The only fans slightly excited to hear this news are the long-suffering Parramatta Fans who haven’t seen any silverware since their Peter Sterling-led Premiership flutter in the eighties.

However, when looking at the for and against for this season, providing all further mates get cancelled in the next 6 hours, it seems like Parra may have won their first premiership this decade.

Fans are being told to not celebrate just yet, pending on a Todd Greenberg press conference.

Blake Ferguson is believed to be taking a leaf out of Johnathan Thurston’s book and has offered his premiership ring to Nathan Hindmarsh.
And on the other side, it means that we will get the wooden spoon.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I heard something interesting this morning,
2009 swine flu was also declared a pandemic, Australia had 30000 cases and 200 died. Corona virus has about 100 cases and 3 dead.
does anybody remember everyone losing their minds in ‘09?
Me neither.
Why?
The smoking man??

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I know someone with over 400 roles of toilet paper and they are looking for more

I've heard so many people say people buying toilet paper are ridiculous but it's only because they have no rolls and missed out and the pressure is getting the better of them . They are like fisherman who return from a big day out fishing with no fish
Umm wrong... if we go into lockdown and everyone is home, you use a heck of a lot more . Then when you run out there is none in the shops to replenish as they are in lockdown also . So you need at least 150 rolls in my opinion to be safe.. anything less, your basically a fisherman that returned with no fish
Keep on stockpiling blue balls
COVIDToiletPaper.jpg

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Waitaminute... I thought this covid19 thingo was less deadly than seasonal flu?
Probably not but it depends if it's contained.

The initial estimates were that it kills around 1-2% of people infected. Then the World Health Organisation changed this to 3.4% of the people infected.

Dr Celine Gounder, who is an American Epidemiologist, was on Bill Nigh's podcast last night stating that the kill rate is more likely around 0.6% - 0.8% based on data we have from South Korea who aggressively tested everyone. That said, the seasonal flu has a kill rate of about 0.1%. She mentioned that if this spreads far an wide (which is most likely will do), then it'll be about 5 - 10 times worse than a bad seasonal flu which kill around 50,000 in the US. So approximately 250,000 - 500,000 deaths in the US.

But it's also possible we could stop it in its tracks before it gets to that stage.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fat ***** are allowed to swim in the middle of Wellington
20200313_163353_copy_2016x1512.jpg

Ps water is absolutely freezing

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
CODE RED 19 I REPEAT CODE RED

How to kill the economy 101 - code red 19 handbook: step 1 - cancel all events, step 2 - do not talk about China and the kind of animals they consume

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How to kill the economy 101 - code red 19 handbook: step 1 - cancel all events, step 2 - do not talk about China and the kind of animals they consume
1. The economy is going to tank regardless. Failing to take adequate precautions against covid19 because of the economy would be first class stupidity. Far better to be proactive and try to manage both the economy and the covid19 situation, this will produce a better outcome in the long term.
2. What is talking about China and what animals they eat going to achieve at this point of time?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

And his Hillsong cult have a special gathering this wkend which explains the Monday onwards ruling

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And his Hillsong cult have a special gathering this wkend which explains the Monday onwards ruling
Nah, Church gatherings are still ok. The Monday thing is so he can still go to the Sharks game like he said he would. This is a guy who is prepared to risk peoples lives merely to avoid looking inaccurate.

Regarding the religion thing, the Mosque in Lakemba says people don't have to come to prayers. ScoMo says he is still going to church.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Nah, Church gatherings are still ok. The Monday thing is so he can still go to the Sharks game like he said he would. This is a guy who is prepared to risk peoples lives merely to avoid looking inaccurate.

Regarding the religion thing, the Mosque in Lakemba says people don't have to come to prayers. ScoMo says he is still going to church.
Hillsong have a special money making gathering this weekend with many visitors from overseas. It's about the money for his cult. He's using the sharks game as a distraction.

If he was serious about the gathering stuff, it would be implemented immediately. A virus doesn't know what day of the week it is

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well I for one thought Morrison..who I don’t like..did not too bad today.. Although I do believe events should be halted straight away..

Last edited:

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

I just don't understand the purpose of banning certain things when you are still going to have thousands of people interacting on public transport, at shopping centres, etc etc

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Morrison is not going to the footy...

Status
Not open for further replies.