Opinion Smith to fullback

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think this is our answer and X factor.
Dwz is slow /hoppa In This position!

Our pack was solid and no much changes there

We Need a half and hooker! And ado Carr

Solid game- but will not make the 8.
Still predictable.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Still predictable.
True true
Also Lewis to lock utai to hooker

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The best hooker available is trying to sign with the Tigers and where do you want to pull this halfback from? I see the problems we have but with what's available it's still better to stick with what we have. At least three out of Foran, Lewis, Wakeham and Cogger. JAC would be massive but it's going to come with a cost - there is no way we're the only club that's going to want his signature. Reimis is a winger but if we're going to sign a top winger, e.g. JAC, he's going to have to develop as a centre (or Meaney). DWZ was signed to play fullback and wants to play fullback, I don't see him moving unless it doesn't work in 2021. If Thompson and lets say JAC was in our team last night we score at least two more tries.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think that Smith showed that he needs to work on his decision making at centre in the fact that he tried to hold his position on the edge when our forwards pushed out wide and trapped him and Meaney within a few metres of the sideline. A more experienced centre would have moved in field in that situation and provided a quicker option for the inside ball. It's something that I hope he learns quickly. DWZ wasn't as good at the back as he has been. But he had a scare with the doctors saying he might have a spinal injury a few weeks back. He wasn't timid, buy nor was he as aggressive as we expect him to be. If that's the worst game he plays for us he'll have a good career here.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol... oh dear.!!

DWz or Meaney are the best options for fb.

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This may cause some disagreements buuuuutttt....

The team is a lot more balanced with Hopoate at FB and we all know how safe he is under the high ball not to mention his silky hands.

DWZ is our version of the 2013-15 Sam Perret.

Smith needs to go back to the wing with DWZ on the other. I know Holland isn't the answer at Centre either but a few years ago when him and Smith were partnered, they started to develop a nice game together and for some reason Pay split them up. By shifting DWZ and Hoppa, it does mean that Meany misses out but in today's game, we need big bodied wingers.

1: Hopoate
2: DWZ
3: Harper
4: Holland
5: Smith

Donkey Slayer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Still predictable.
What half would you like ? If you can pick one besides Munster haha

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No. Smith to wing
At NRL level, Smith’s best position is wing. He and the entire coaching staff are kidding themselves if they think otherwise.

DWZ was our only real threat in attack, he was brilliant with the exception of some dropped bombs... the bloke got no protection whatsoever from his teammates that night.

You see other teams and they strategically stand in front of their fullback to act as a shield. Our guys look on and wish him the best.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This may cause some disagreements buuuuutttt....

The team is a lot more balanced with Hopoate at FB and we all know how safe he is under the high ball not to mention his silky hands.

DWZ is our version of the 2013-15 Sam Perret.

Smith needs to go back to the wing with DWZ on the other. I know Holland isn't the answer at Centre either but a few years ago when him and Smith were partnered, they started to develop a nice game together and for some reason Pay split them up. By shifting DWZ and Hoppa, it does mean that Meany misses out but in today's game, we need big bodied wingers.

1: Hopoate
2: DWZ
3: Harper
4: Holland
5: Smith
wow 3 & 4 are so shit and slow

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But we were so adamant about DWZ being our fullback ?? Only after round 1 we want to move him ...
We even knocked back latrell mitchell based on this.
Big risk that latrell..on and off the field right...
After the week we just had, who would have thought our very own junior with bulldogs DNA brought our great club to its knees.
The latrell idea wasn't that bad after all...seeing the NRL even made him pretty much the face of rugby league with that tina commercial..

QUOTE="Scoooby, post: 3703998, member: 24953"]Lol... oh dear.!!

DWz or Meaney are the best options for fb.[/QUOTE]

Last edited: