Opinion Should young players deserve a shot

Doggies2035

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
let's face it some of our forwards are hit and miss I reckon get ramounas and Kalayche a go give them a taste!! David Fifita and Payne hass got giveen A chance and now look at them you never know with James R and K kaylache

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We’re already a very young unit mate. Youngest in the comp. Opportunities are there for every member of the 30 atm.

However I can tell you that Kalache and Roumanos are not the same calibre as Fifita and Haas.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
How much of Roumonos have you watched? He’s been a massive disappointment for mine he came here with huge wraps and he struggles in CCup. There’s no way he’s ready for NRL and I wouldn’t be surprised if he never is.

Doggies2035

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
How much of Roumonos have you watched? He’s been a massive disappointment for mine he came here with huge wraps and he struggles in CCup. There’s no way he’s ready for NRL and I wouldn’t be surprised if he never is.
Yea I have seen him play he's hot and cold but some players change there form when hitting first grade example cherry Evans in the lower grades wasn't a good half hodkinson was ahead of him and then when they had no other choice he was a blessing for them won them a premiership with Foran

Another player was Cody walker pretty average the likes of sandow Adam Reynolds Luke Keary all above him got given a chance now he dominates or shown to dominate

Our very own Damien cook considered average at dragons stuggled to get a run with us then showed some flare while lichaa was injured and now look he's souths number 1 hooker nsw hooker and even played for australia so just cause there crap in lower reserves don't mean they can't change there attitude and playing style for first grade

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yea I have seen him play he's hot and cold but some players change there form when hitting first grade example cherry Evans in the lower grades wasn't a good half hodkinson was ahead of him and then when they had no other choice he was a blessing for them won them a premiership with Foran

Another player was Cody walker pretty average the likes of sandow Adam Reynolds Luke Keary all above him got given a chance now he dominates or shown to dominate

Our very own Damien cook considered average at dragons stuggled to get a run with us then showed some flare while lichaa was injured and now look he's souths number 1 hooker nsw hooker and even played for australia so just cause there crap in lower reserves don't mean they can't change there attitude and playing style for first grade
For those 3 there’s probably another 500 that didn’t stand out because they CCup was their limit and playing NRL is beyond them. There’s no way Ramounos would do a better job in NRL then the players in front of him and I don’t think the club should be handing out first grade spots just to see how someone goes. They have to earn it.

Doggies2035

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
For those 3 there’s probably another 500 that didn’t stand out because they CCup was their limit and playing NRL is beyond them. There’s no way Ramounos would do a better job in NRL then the players in front of him and I don’t think the club should be handing out first grade spots just to see how someone goes. They have to earn it.
True I agree they should earn it but renouf toomaga was dominating ccup and proved to get a spot and look he's so quiet and boring does nothing like he does in ccup and sure kalache or ramounas should at least later get a bench spot and play a few minutes just to see any change in there attitude and style cause kerrod Holland on the bench sure ain't doing anything so might as well it also gives the other forwards a rest

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
True I agree they should earn it but renouf toomaga was dominating ccup and proved to get a spot and look he's so quiet and boring does nothing like he does in ccup and sure kalache or ramounas should at least later get a bench spot and play a few minutes just to see any change in there attitude and style cause kerrod Holland on the bench sure ain't doing anything so might as well it also gives the other forwards a rest
You have completely lost me now with Renouf. He was dominating CCup and he had a great end to last season in NRL and looked pretty good last night too and you want to drop him for someone that can’t even dominate at CCup level?

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
our forwards were good last night and did enough for us to win. I guess you could say of the lot that Stimson wasn't his best but it was his first game in blue & white
Exactly this.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If you have the attitude of biding time in the lower grades, you don't deserve to get a shot in the NRL in hopes that it will improve your attitude. I wouldn't promote someone doing a half assed job in any profession in hopes that they'll step up. Laziness can be infectious.

Our forwards didn't do anything incredibly eye catching last night. But they all worked incredibly hard to keep a more highly rated team from standing out. Luck alone won Parra the game last night. They scored off the back of a penalty followed by a couple of unfortunate errors in dealing with kicks. We dominated field position for most of the game through work ethic. I don't want to see lazy players inserted into the mix in hopes of them doing something special. Kalache was part of the development squad last year and didn't step up. The NRL is full of people that worked their asses off to be there. That's as it should be.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Our forwards did well on a whole I thought, great defence, some good string runs. We were all over those slimy eels, wasn’t for that Fluke try then we would have won..!!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
The way we are losing players the younger players will get a run, deserved or not. Id like to see Averillo get more footy though.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You know his been Playing CCup when he should have been playing Flegg… I thought the same until I realised how young he was playing above his age and weight.

Best game I seen him play was the trial with Kalache this yr... I say give them a go and throw Tui Katoa in for Knockon.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You know his been Playing CCup when he should have been playing Flegg… I thought the same until I realised how young he was playing above his age and weight.

Best game I seen him play was the trial with Kalache this yr... I say give them a go and throw Tui Katoa in for Knockon.
Maybe he should have been kept in Flegg because he’s really struggled since coming here.

Let them knock the door down in CCup before giving them a game in NRL.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree 100%,I've seen a bit of roumanos in Canterbury cup,long way from 1st grade,topine and kalache like to see get a go

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
let's face it some of our forwards are hit and miss I reckon get ramounas and Kalayche a go give them a taste!! David Fifita and Payne hass got giveen A chance and now look at them you never know with James R and K kaylache
I think maybe you need to concentrate on your vocabulary before posting gibberish.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kalache fucking LOL
We've only just given Renouf a decent run

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
2 spots just opened up on the roster
If they are good enough they will find their way in. Let them fight for it. NRL squads are not set in stone

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maybe he should have been kept in Flegg because he’s really struggled since coming here.

Let them knock the door down in CCup before giving them a game in NRL.
Oh he struggled hard... No idea why he was playing cup tbh but he should develop nicely very soon considering his 20 now.

Though u are right they should be doing what RT done before they get that shot.

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Toomoga just doesn’t run hard enough.he is a big mobile unit but needs to get some mongrel in him and bend the defenders.needs to run off wakeham