Lewis is the worst half to ever play any form of football for 125 years

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Ogden for Tolman would give us some options at least.
He's defence is incredible,some of those tackles he pulled off last night,stopped some very promising attacking raids,he's 22 still learning,I said at the beginning of the season I wouldn't start with Tolman,our attack is bad enough without him getting in the road,overall I was very happy with our first up game

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Give Lewis more time?

1.5 years in first grade isn't enough time?

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give Lewis more time?

1.5 years in first grade isn't enough time?
agree . Whilst I’m not on the sack Lewis bandwagon . The fact is he has played enough games to see where his potential will lead. halves either already have the skill or don’t , skills don’t magically appear after a few years. The difference that other young halves fail is that they have all the skills and attributes , but cannot consistently , whether during a game or week to week produce the goods. I have not seen anything in Lewis to say he has any of those skills so how are they to magically appear.
He is a great defender and can kick (debatable at what level) that’s it. I reckon lock would probably be his position but I have not seen him run at the line as much as I should with all the ball he gets so he could be sus in that position too.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
That last set when he kicked on the 3rd pissed me off. No bastard even knew the kick was on except Lewis.

Last edited:

JK26

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Its the first game give the kid a chance, he will get better!
I thought we showed a lot of heart last night and I am proud of the boys as no one gave us a chance!
Their only try was a fluke, we were the better team all game!
What the fuck are you smoking? We watched him for a full season last year. He had a full off season to get fucking ready and he’s not taken even a half a step forward. We’re not copping this shit for the full season ahead again. We can’t keep being satisfied with “heart”. That’s a given, since when has that become the new exceptional? Hold them to a standard

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wonder if Melbourne are still interested in a lewis ado carr swap deal?
If you believe that was ever the case you’re delusional, Melb have much higher standards and can identify and develop talent, we just want guys who try hard

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lewis handled the ball 72 times, that is a massive amount and a fair jump from previous seasons. I really can't see how people can look at Lewis's, overall game, assess his ability and then see last night's match and think anything about what is happening here is okay.

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lewis handled the ball 72 times, that is a massive amount and a fair jump from previous seasons. I really can't see how people can look at Lewis's, overall game, assess his ability and then see last night's match and think anything about what is happening here is okay.
Totally agree, it’s unwatchable, there is zero cohesion, everything is clunky and in slow motion, it looks like they’re never played together and that’s a serious indictment on the coaching staff and players in key positions

A

Alexander the Great

Terrible plays. Would have been OK if the winger knew about it.
That last set pissed when he kicked on the 3rd pissed me off. No bastard even knew the kick was on except Lewis.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Have you seen him run, my grandmother would be more of a threat to the defensive line and she died 5 years ago
He once said Foran was faster than him. Who is said to have an 80 year old man's back and no hamstrings LOL

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
He is slow and not creative at all. You can see what he is doing 3-4 plays ahead. Short ball to Plodman or an inside ball to an unsuspecting forward. Terrible kicking game. JMK being slow also does not assist.

We looked threatening when Wakeham had the ball but he was pretty much sidelined for the whole game.

We still look poorly coached. We had no structure to our attack and are simply playing percentages/grind football. On most occasions when Lewis touched the ball at first receiver it was entirely unnecessary.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He is slow and not creative at all. You can see what he is doing 3-4 plays ahead. Short ball to Plodman or an inside ball to an unsuspecting forward. Terrible kicking game. JMK being slow also does not assist.

We looked threatening when Wakeham had the ball but he was pretty much sidelined for the whole game.

We still look poorly coached. We had no structure to our attack and are simply playing percentages/grind football. On most occasions when Lewis touched the ball at first receiver it was entirely unnecessary.
Wakeham throwing a standard short ball to Elliott almost ended up in a try yet Lewis couldn't replicate anything close to that in similar positions all night.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I really hope Pay looks at this game and properly evaluates, with Shifty and Georgallis, what needs to change for next week....not next month.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Needs more ball agree. His defence is nuts
Massive fan of cogger Lewis and Wakeham all 3 have great potential . I don’t care what anyone says I’ve been on the end of injuries and a losing streak , but it Gives you character you dig deep and work hard if your a man you get out of the hole! If your weak you stay a loser, bulldogs aren’t losers bulldogs are winners any other club would be in melt down, short term pain long term gain we will
Be back up there.. we aren’t repeating a shit start to the season. Compare us to round 1 v warriors .. worlds apart ! Go dogs

JK26

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I really hope Pay looks at this game and properly evaluates, with Shifty and Georgallis, what needs to change for next week....not next month.
I hardly doubt it. Pay is part of the problem. You work on your weakest point during the off season. He obviously hasn’t worked on shit