Changes for next week

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Lewis, meaney... they can go too ffs. What you want to put Elliot at fullback? Fmd
Yes that's exactly what I want Elliot at fullback haha wtf

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It will make a world of difference if Dean gives the side to Brandon. We saw how we went from looking like our usual clunky no direction selves in the Sharks trial to looking like a proper football team with the ball when he came on, and we see it from him when he guides the Fiji team around.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
1. Dwz
2. Meaney
3. Harper
4. Hoppa
5. Smith
6. Cogger
7. Wakeham
8. Napa
9. Katoa
10. Tolman
11. Jackson
12. Rfm
13. Elliot

14. Jmk impact player when forwards are tired
15. Britt
16. To omaga
17. Ogden.
That’s how I’d have the team..

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
1 DWZ
2 Smith
3 Harper
4 Hopoate
5 Meaney
6 Cogger
7 Wakeham
8 Napa
9 Katoa
10 To'omaga
11 Jackson
12 CHN
13 Elliot

14 Britt
15 Tolman
16 RFM
17 JMK

Last edited:

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be honest it looked like tough conditions out there. Both teams dropped a lot of ball. neither team created much but i thought we could have run a bit harder with the ball and wasn't enough change of direction play through the middle. We still seem to have this obsession with block plays where we run out of room. need to put some kicks into the corners, turn the defence around , make them second guess rushing up. I think what we are missing is a ball playing forward none of our forwards created any second phase play

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Smith
2. DWZ
3. Harper
4. Hoppa
5. Averillo
6. Cogger
7. Wakeham
8. Napa
9. Katoa
10. Renouf
11. CHN
12. RFM
13. Jacko

14. Ogden

The rest, just pick some bruisers, maybe JMK for utility..

Put Smith at the back.. bloke needs some ball in space. We are squandering his speed. His height will be great under the high ball as well. I honestly think we are wasting Reimis. Averillo, Harper to provide some size and strike power out wide. Meaney is solid, but he looks like another Howlett to me, but not as quick. Lacks size too. DWZ is a winger... maybe swap him for Harper in the centres due to inexperience. He's not a fullback tho.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Did the dogs even have one offload??? I felt like I could tell chn wasn’t playing cos he was our biggest offloader last season .
Hoppa had two when he caught a couple of kicks from Lewis. Other then that I can't think of any either.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We never looked like scoring a try tonight (Elliott got close) because the speed of moving the ball from the ruck was so slow.

And Lewis doing the slow jog and then handing the ball to a forward with an inside pass never challenged the Parramatta defense.
I agree. I suggested in another thread that I think it stems from our forwards compressing the attack near the sidelines.

To be fair, Parra only scored due to an unlucky error. Aside from that we had them looking blunt in attack too. Fingersin came closest to them scoring a try early, but our defence did just enough to get him to put a foot out. It was our only real bobble. The defence from both teams was commendable. It might mean that both sides are due for big years defensively or possibly that we're both going to be poor attacking sides. We're probably both teams that lack great quality halves. The only line breaks and good runs I recall were from Jackson and DWZ through the entire game.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hoppa had two when he caught a couple of kicks from Lewis. Other then that I can't think of any either.
Britt offloaded close to the line on the left, but it went forward. If it'd gone backwards to Smith it might have provided a chance to score.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People hard on meaney when the bloke inside him playing centre is a winger playing out of position. He will never see the ball or score a try with pay playing a right wing at left centre. Stupid arse idea in the first place.

Wont matter anyway the whole country will shut up shop in a few weeks. No more footy im guessing.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree. I suggested in another thread that I think it stems from our forwards compressing the attack near the sidelines.

To be fair, Parra only scored due to an unlucky error. Aside from that we had them looking blunt in attack too. Fingersin came closest to them scoring a try early, but our defence did just enough to get him to put a foot out. It was our only real bobble. The defence from both teams was commendable. It might mean that both sides are due for big years defensively or possibly that we're both going to be poor attacking sides. We're probably both teams that lack great quality halves. The only line breaks and good runs I recall were from Jackson and DWZ through the entire game.
defence was good, but not much there in attack for us.
First game of the season so let's hope it clicks better next game.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
People hard on meaney when the bloke inside him playing centre is a winger playing out of position. He will never see the ball or score a try with pay playing a right wing at left centre. Stupid arse idea in the first place.

Wont matter anyway the whole country will shut up shop in a few weeks. No more footy im guessing.
half of our team is playing out of position, lol

Dogsarnthavingaparty

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sterlo said it best about our hookers.

Katoa to start, JMK on bench as Katoa service better (did anyone see how many forward passes JMK did?) and bring on JMK as a running hooker when opposition defense tires
Yes atleast 20 katoa needs to start jmk dropped 4 fuck sake pay do your job or fuck off stands out like a sore thumb wakeam 7 lewis 6 jmk dropped forwards were all great tonight drop tolman though

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Okay
No tolmn
Napa, RFM, Britt, Toomaga on the field at the same time = :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

Thought Elliot was strong

Pavdogg82

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If you keep Elliot, you've got to drop Jacko, Tolman and Stimson. 4 plodders in the pack is just pathetic. Our pack lacks size and aggression. Nearly scoring doesn't count in my book. Coulda woulda shoulda.... don't make excuses. Truth is that Elliot is a player for a 13th ranked team not a top side. Would he make the Storm or the chooks? Nup! Stop settling for mediocre. But he can catch a bomb... lol... That's what we want from a backrower fmd
Hey catching a bomb isn't that easy. Just ask Fatala Mariner

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
there wont be a game next week, comp will be suspended

Fingal Bay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wakeham needs to be selected at half-back. Lewis really doesn’t add anything in attack, but defence is good. They need a player like Blake Austin in the halves. I know he has defence problems but a very good attacking player. This won’t happen but a food for thought.