• Yes

Votes: 19 14.5%
  • No

Votes: 112 85.5%

• Total voters

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Truth counts for nothing these days, Just look at what happened in the USA, The Democrat controlled house wanted Trump impeached, while the Republican controlled Senate didn't, did anyone care about the truth over there.
Any half brained idiot would see that the truth count's for nothing any more.
If only the public were told the real truth, the full truth, in the recent Bank Royal Commission.
Our club and fans should stick together a lot better, at least when no crime has been committed, what Corey and Jayden did was in line with happens all the time in our society.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Truth counts for nothing these days, Just look at what happened in the USA, The Democrat controlled house wanted Trump impeached, while the Republican controlled Senate didn't, did anyone care about the truth over there.
Any half brained idiot would see that the truth count's for nothing any more.
If only the public were told the real truth, the full truth, in the recent Bank Royal Commission.
Our club and fans should stick together a lot better, at least when no crime has been committed, what Corey and Jayden did was in line with happens all the time in our society.
So you want us to believe you when you say don’t believe anyone?

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope not and I hope the NRL makes the decision ASAP so we can move on.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Should just be a couple weeks suspended and a fine just for braking protocol. Club would be pissed about losing sponsors and being put in the spotlight.

Thing is, what ever happens it's not the Club but the NRL that get to have the last word on what the punishment will be.
This is almost always a 1 game suspension and/or fine.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
You're acting like games will actually be played next week lol
Hope everyone is going to enjoy spending time with their loved ones over the next few weeks....lmao

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
First of all, the decision isn't about keeping him because he makes our side stronger. If that's the case then we create an atmosphere where the elite players can get away with anything, while the rest feel they get punished for much less. Would be hugely detrimental for team harmony.

Personally I'd keep him simply because I don't believe it's a sackable offence if you look at the singular activity. Clearly he was wrong bringing her back to his hotel, however had he slept with her elsewhere there wouldn't have been an issue. So, based on that you'd have to think he'll simply cop a fine and short suspension.

This is assuming there haven't been other incidences, and the club hadn't directly warned him about his behaviour in the past. If he's a repeat offender then in that case he may have a lot more to answer for ....
Absolutely agree with having nothing to do with football talent - that's not the judgement at all.
We have to let it play out. There could well be other factors/information we are not aware of at this point.
There's a video circulating of some bathroom bonking in a Port Macquarie nightclub for instance. No clear evidence that it's him in the video, but if it is, it makes him harder to defend from a stance of bringing his employer into disrepute.
Time will tell - but I think it's too early to make a call on CHN specifically.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I honestly don't know that either player deserves to be sacked. Going off the exchange of text messages between Okunbor and the girl, she seemed to have initiated the contact. The fact that Okunbor has asked if she was at the school shows that he wasn't running around there cracking onto the students and that this all began with social media in some way. It's incredibly stupid of him to have continued with it after finding out she was at the school. But I know that hormone driven youngsters don't think in an incredibly rational way when sex is on offer.

Young women will become sexually active when they want to with who they want to, and the main factor that makes this a toxic situation is that our players have a public profile and that they did this on a club camp. Morally I don't approve of it and I'm angry that it has our club in the headlines for the wrong reasons. But going back 23 years to when I was at school, 17 year old girls were dating older men that had been out of school for a few years. I've faced the temptation of willing school aged girls when I was in my late 20's. I don't agree with their choices, but from a legal perspective they've done nothing wrong. It was a moral issue and a club code of conduct they broke. If the NRL tears up their contracts it'll be a reactionary measure.

In CHN's case, less is known.

In any case, this shouldn't have been a media circus. We know that the NRL is reactionary in their dealings with offences. Sometimes players get away with murder, other times punishment is dropped on them like a tonne of bricks to negate bad publicity. I'd set a strong example by giving them both a heavy fine and some time out based on what I have seen reported. I'd make sure they had to make amends with good deeds before getting back into the side. But I wouldn't sack them.

The other thing I have concerns about here is that people think the two cases should be judged on varying levels. The extenuating factor between the cases is that the messages between Okunbor and the girl he was with became public. You can't jump to the conclusion that if CHN slept with a school aged woman that he was in the dark about her age.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Absolutely agree with having nothing to do with football talent - that's not the judgement at all.
We have to let it play out. There could well be other factors/information we are not aware of at this point.
There's a video circulating of some bathroom bonking in a Port Macquarie nightclub for instance. No clear evidence that it's him in the video, but if it is, it makes him harder to defend from a stance of bringing his employer into disrepute.
Time will tell - but I think it's too early to make a call on CHN specifically.
The integrity unit already cleared that video and said it’s not CHN.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The integrity unit already cleared that video and said it’s not CHN.
OK that’s good, I hadn’t heard that.
Hence why gathering all the facts and letting it play out is important and it seems that is what is happening.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
OK that’s good, I hadn’t heard that.
Hence why gathering all the facts and letting it play out is important and it seems that is what is happening.
It was in one of the numerous articles over the last day or so I can’t remember where now.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you want us to believe you when you say don’t believe anyone?
Sure we all have to trust someone sometime, you can believe who you want when you want at your own risk, what I was implying is in regards to the inconsistent when reporting incidences, eg. do you really believe that the NRL is consistent with their decisions, do you believe that all the media reports are gospel.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Thread is kinda stupid since they both did exactly the same thing, so if CHN get sacked or not, same would happen to Okunbor.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sure we all have to trust someone sometime, you can believe who you want when you want at your own risk, what I was implying is in regards to the inconsistent when reporting incidences, eg. do you really believe that the NRL is consistent with their decisions, do you believe that all the media reports are gospel.
I’m a day dream believer but not a home coming queen.Lets see who is over 50 lol

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: he should be given hi 5’s all round. Teacher and a student on a business trip. The guy must teach us! He should be next immortal

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The corrupt nrl can go get fucked legal sex is permitted For players that play nrl honestly what has the world come too the club too should get fucked tell the nrl to fuck off this is happening because the club shut up to the nrl the club needs to wake up and stop saying this bullshit it’s about the image of the club they had legal and consensual sex .