Wakeham to 7, Lewis to 6 purely on his defence!!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yup. Will give Lewis that.. his defence is great and he gives it his all, an always there at the right time to put his body on the line.!! Defence ain’t our problem lol.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The number they wear on their back means nothing these days. Nothing will change at all.

To be honest I don’t think we win with cogger. But we would test the defence more. Besides one lollipop pass Lewis did that got a play down the right and maybe an inside ball to dwz for a break he had no half qualities. His midfield bombs aren’t the worst. But even his boot isn’t great.

Lewis lovers will flock to his defence. But the amount of ball we had. Any semi decent half would have gotten a try on the board. We didn’t come close. Just hope Lewis isn’t a protected species because he can tackle. Because last I checked a half should lead the team around the park in attack. Not be a solid defender.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think Cogger will do much better... He went missing in the trials and based on what I've seen from him I doubt he wouldve done any better tonight. I reckon we just need an experienced player like a Blake Green or Kimmorley to guide the team and partner Wakeham.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The number they wear on their back means nothing these days. Nothing will change at all.

To be honest I don’t think we win with cogger. But we would test the defence more. Besides one lollipop pass Lewis did that got a play down the right and maybe an inside ball to dwz for a break he had no half qualities. His midfield bombs aren’t the worst. But even his boot isn’t great.

Lewis lovers will flock to his defence. But the amount of ball we had. Any semi decent half would have gotten a try on the board. We didn’t come close. Just hope Lewis isn’t a protected species because he can tackle. Because last I checked a half should lead the team around the park in attack. Not be a solid defender.
It does when your mid field and the 7 takes control. This happened alot tonight and Lewis is incredibly slow and stifling, especially when we play short without depth for most of the game as its easier to coach... Results in us having no time and space, which means no overlaps

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It does when your mid field and the 7 takes control. This happened alot tonight and Lewis is incredibly slow and stifling, especially when we play short without depth for most of the game as its easier to coach... Results in us having no time and space, which means no overlaps
I absolutely agree. The less time Lewis has with the ball the better. He absolutely overplayed his hand with his touches.

Even the last play. He went for a kick with 3 tackles and 35 seconds left. How anyone can say look at the broncos game..... no I will look at the last game and now for mine it indicates. He isn’t a leader. He could tackle a Mack truck. But that’s not a half’s main priority. Good bow to have. But more important things at hand as a half.

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Should the eels get rid of their halves? They couldn’t create anything either.

Lewis was ok for first hit out but he definitely needs to work with wakeham and not against him

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Even Cooper Cronk and Ennis were saying he needs more strings to his bow, kid is slow, can't think quick on his feet, can't play Whats in front of him and therefore also stifles Wakehams game too..

Those high kicks is all he has, he is a 1 trick pony. Kid has guts and tries hard but not FG half material and unfortunately we have an even worse coach who will just leave him there

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Should the eels get rid of their halves? They couldn’t create anything either.

Lewis was ok for first hit out but he definitely needs to work with wakeham and not against him
Parramatta won. So I guess that is a tick they they actually got the points no?

You can’t excuse taking a bomb with 3 tackles left and 35 seconds on the clock. I’m sure not many if any other halves would go for such a silly play. After having ample ball and field position and doing nothing.

let’s say what Lewis is and not pretend what he isn’t. Not having a go at you at all. Just a general statement. He isn’t a half. Might be a back rower. Could be a lock. But lacks even the most basic instincts of a half. He was cursed with a famous last name. If he was Lachlan Jones he could have forged his own path. But being a Lewis I feel he is trying to recreate what he can’t.

Great defender. Great determination. But at the end of the day he is a much worse version of Reynolds. Poor mans josh Reynolds.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't think Cogger will do much better... He went missing in the trials and based on what I've seen from him I doubt he wouldve done any better tonight. I reckon we just need an experienced player like a Blake Green or Kimmorley to guide the team and partner Wakeham.
Not a cogger fan boy. But he plays more like a half. Engages the line. Attracts defenders. And because of that gives space and time to his outside men. Cogger is not the second coming of god. Far from it. But he has basic traits of a half. Can engage the line. Can set up his players. Can break the line and score. Can dummy. Has the vision with his short kicking game. He isn’t a gun by no means. But is a basic half. Which is more then Lewis is.

Again not shitting on Lewis or sucking off on cogger. Just what I have seen so far.

WFC03

Waterboy
Reaction score
Lewis problem is he needs to run more with the ball. At the moment all he is doing to shifting it. Last night his first run at the line was in the 78th minute. A couple of times in attack we got a quick play the ball and JMK actually passed a decent ball (not over his head) there was space in behind the ruck but rather than straighten and run or to draw the defense he passes it.

He needs to run more and that will open up space out wide to attack

Doggies2035

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Such a proud effort tonight but proud efforts don't bring you 2 points.
We need more in attack, some spark which I think Wakeham could bring.
Defence was great, commitment was great.
Yes I agree both played in there opposite positions

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We have to work with the crap we have. But I still think a cogger/Wakeham combo has to be given a shot.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Even Cooper Cronk and Ennis were saying he needs more strings to his bow, kid is slow, can't think quick on his feet, can't play Whats in front of him and therefore also stifles Wakehams game too..

Those high kicks is all he has, he is a 1 trick pony. Kid has guts and tries hard but not FG half material and unfortunately we have an even worse coach who will just leave him there

Didn’t pay drop him last season?

And didn’t everyone think pay wouldn’t pick wakeham to start in first grade?

I think your being harsh on pay he has suprised everyone on here and isn’t afraid to drop a player.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

I think your being harsh on pay he has suprised everyone on here and isn’t afraid to drop a player.
Surprised everyone? With the same lack of attack, game plan and bench rotation?

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Not being harsh at all. He has proved for 3yrs running he doesnt know how to pick a team, use the bench or cultivate talent.
Our poor attack over last 3yrs hasnt changed. Except for 2 late end of season runs he has been really really poor

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Not being harsh at all. He has proved for 3yrs running he doesnt know how to pick a team, use the bench or cultivate talent.
Our poor attack over last 3yrs hasnt changed. Except for 2 late end of season runs he has been really really poor
You can't talk truth on here, especially about pay the dud.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You can't talk truth on here, especially about pay the dud.
It's frustrating, i sit here and wonder what games these fans have been watching for last 3yrs.

Last night for example, effort and defence was amazing , but we couldnt score in a brothel. So so so obvious Lewis has no attacking skills, has only 1 kick in his arsenal, can't setup tries, is slow, has no running game, no vision yet he had his hands on thr ball most of the time.
There was no attacking game plan except for 5 hitups and Lewis belting it high straight to fb.
I could go on and on and on about other players and their selections... he had all off season to prepare and this was the attacking rubbish that was dished out..

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only place we seem to be able to score these days is in high schools.
It's frustrating, i sit here and wonder what games these fans have been watching for last 3yrs.

Last night for example, effort and defence was amazing , but we couldnt score in a brothel. So so so obvious Lewis has no attacking skills, has only 1 kick in his arsenal, can't setup tries, is slow, has no running game, no vision yet he had his hands on thr ball most of the time.
There was no attacking game plan except for 5 hitups and Lewis belting it high straight to fb.
I could go on and on and on about other players and their selections... he had all off season to prepare and this was the attacking rubbish that was dished out..