• Yes

Votes: 19 14.5%
  • No

Votes: 112 85.5%

• Total voters

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No criminal charges were laid so the whole thing reverts to contravening a workplace policy. Unless the "travel" policy clearly states the punitive penalties for inviting unauthorized people to their rooms then the dogs would struggle to win a court case if they were dismissed. I believe the penalty will end up being a fiscal penalty and 1st grade ban for a period of time. Both players have clearly damaged our brand as evidenced by the multiple sponsors electing to leave us. I might also add that this also washes off on their family, friends & the club's fans as we are all tarnished by their actions because we support the club. I hope they both realize this, reflect on their behavior and modify it going forward.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe this question deserves a thread of its own, with the immediate playing future of one of our best in the air.

After all the publicity from the past week, it is now clear that CHN and Okunbor have committed very different offences. Although the two have been lumped together, has CHN really done an offence warranting a suspension?

While I don’t entirely agree with his actions and believe he should face club sanctions, I don’t believe sacking him is the right option. He makes our side stronger, and as we can see through our performance last night, he’s needed. Sacking him will just allow another club to pick him up, and be realistic, who are the dogs going to pick up to replace him?

It’s not so much that the dogs need him that I want him to stay, however, that truthfully he deserves to stay with the club. CHN was never at the school event, while she was of consensual age. It’s not so much even a moral issue as while CHN has a son with his ex-partner, I believe he was not in a relationship at the time of the offence. The only mistake CHN made was bringing the girl back to the team hotel, hence, a hefty fine and temporary suspension would suffice for an adequate punishment.

Would be interested to hear your thoughts.
AGREE

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Neither should be sacked tbh.. tough fines and long suspensions if need be. This is taking into consideration the that they are first time offenders, no illegal activity has taken place and the fact that illegal activities have gone unpunished..

Remember Greenbergs character witness of G.u.I.?.. how do u think families who have lost love ones to drink driving should feel about that one..

I know which one is worse.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Neither should be sacked tbh.. tough fines and long suspensions if need be. This is taking into consideration the that they are first time offenders, no illegal activity has taken place and the fact that illegal activities have gone unpunished..

Remember Greenbergs character witness of G.u.I.?.. how do u think families who have lost love ones to drink driving should feel about that one..

I know which one is worse.
Society as whole pretty much turns a blind eye to drink driving and seem to find it more acceptable for some reason.

If you go to any pub any night of the week and you'd be shocked at how many boozehounds get behind the wheel.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
He should be issued a full apology. He should be the one issuing a breach notice

silva

Utility
Reaction score
He actually has legal grounds to sue the bulldogs

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I believe this question deserves a thread of its own, with the immediate playing future of one of our best in the air.

After all the publicity from the past week, it is now clear that CHN and Okunbor have committed very different offences. Although the two have been lumped together, has CHN really done an offence warranting a suspension?

While I don’t entirely agree with his actions and believe he should face club sanctions, I don’t believe sacking him is the right option. He makes our side stronger, and as we can see through our performance last night, he’s needed. Sacking him will just allow another club to pick him up, and be realistic, who are the dogs going to pick up to replace him?

It’s not so much that the dogs need him that I want him to stay, however, that truthfully he deserves to stay with the club. CHN was never at the school event, while she was of consensual age. It’s not so much even a moral issue as while CHN has a son with his ex-partner, I believe he was not in a relationship at the time of the offence. The only mistake CHN made was bringing the girl back to the team hotel, hence, a hefty fine and temporary suspension would suffice for an adequate punishment.

Would be interested to hear your thoughts.
The breach I thought was taking girls back to the hotel at all while on team / nrl related trips, not whether it was someone they visited or their age. So chn and ok have done the same breach

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He actually has legal grounds to sue the bulldogs
On what grounds? The Dogs have stood him down from breach of policy for a rules breach nothing more nothing less at this stage.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The only thing I will say is we are a less desirable team in terms of corporate expenditure after what happened.

Does Corey deserve to be sacked? Honestly probably not. But if we do keep him And Jayden how can we front sponsors and emanate their core values?

I cant say sack them. But at the same time the club got a huge black eye. And the club comes first. Any decision that is made will be scrutinised by the media. We honestly missed both players last night. They could have made a difference. But at the same time it has undone years of positive work done in the community by the club.

Either way I think the damage is done unfortunately. And like the mad Monday thing. Hopefully it’s a lesson to both players that they are privileged to be where they are and hopefully it lights a fire in their belly.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
On what grounds? The Dogs have stood him down from breach of policy for a rules breach nothing more nothing less at this stage.
Defamation. The media are at fault as well insinuating they are rapists

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Defamation. The media are at fault as well insinuating they are rapists
He takes legal action against the paper that writes the defamation not the Dogs...........

The Dogs have been very careful to give little details.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, Okunbor probably should be though. Cant believe how dumb the discisions he made were.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Will be irrelevant soon as the Government will order NRL to cease because of the virus.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He was on a tinder date so no ,okunbor absolutely