Lewis is the worst half to ever play any form of football for 125 years

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We lost by 6 so I don’t think he was exactly bin laden but they’ll get the combination right. If Wakeham wants to be a first grader he’ll definitely need to be more assertive. As Dean Pay literally said, he was picked because he plays what’s in front of him. Terrific, do it, Lewis doesn’t have a gun held to his head
But tonight Lewis just seemed like he was on a mission to prove he was the man and it backfired as it exposed his limitations even more.

Given it was only Wakeham's fourth game I'll cut him some slack. Hopefully he finds his big boy voice next week and gets at least half the touches. His defence was pretty good though as he was targeted all night by some big dudes.. I love that he's throws his body into tackles and doesn't just half ass it like Moses and most other young, skinny halves.

Last edited:

Berries

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
The play that infuriated me the most was in the last 10 minutes we were inside the opp 20 and on the 4th tackle our backline was set for a left edge shift and Lewis gets the ball aborts and hit RFM on an unders line... Then put up his trademark kick to no one. Kids puss
THAT exact play I lost it too. Literally gave up on the play to set up a bomb.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
But tonight Lewis just seemed like he was on a mission to prove he was the man and it backfired as it exposed his limitations even more.

Given it was only Wakeham's fourth game I'll cut him some slack. Hopefully he finds his big boy voice next week and gets at least half the touches. His defence was pretty good though. I love that he's throws his body into tackles and just half ass it like Moses and most other young, skinny halves.
it was embarrassing to watch tbh and people can say what the like about Wakeham as far as not being assertive enough, but let's be honest, Lewis really was on a mission tonight.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
THAT exact play I lost it too. Literally gave up on the play to set up a bomb.
Yeah man it was fucked... Wife was into me for dropping C bombs on that play lol

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh well, the prince has a new name, he is now known as.. da BOMB :weary::tearsofjoy:

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Worst game i've ever seen
Looked to have no idea and was just trying whatever

Bring back Cogger if lewis is going to play like that

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s doing to much in D. The better halves hardly do any of the grunt work....Cooper Cronk played with one arm because he didn’t have to tackle.

all the D is affecting his offense

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm still trying to think of a half that I have seen play that is less creative, so I don't look to be over the top when I say THE WORST ATTACKING HALF I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm still trying to think of a half that I have seen play that is less creative, so I don't look to be over the top when I say THE WORST ATTACKING HALF I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!
Remember there used to be a trend to use the biggest backrower you had ? Im thinking even when we used to run Reni there he was more creative

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He’s doing much in D. The better halves hardly do any of the grunt work....Cooper Cronk played with one arm because he didn’t have to tackle.

Can't agree there. He does about the same amount of defense the other halves in the comp do. He just does it extemely well. It's not like he's playing in the middle.

The simple fact of the matter is he has ZERO running game, passing game is lacking, game awareness zilch, kicking game LOL, every single attacking quality a good half needs he doesn't have.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Remember there used to be a trend to use the biggest backrower you had ? Im thinking even when we used to run Reni there he was more creative
Tony Williams had a better feel for the game when he played at half for us lol

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He’s doing to much in D. The better halves hardly do any of the grunt work....Cooper Cronk played with one arm because he didn’t have to tackle.

Nah his shit playmaking brain is affecting his offense

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give the prince some time. He might come good.
Or maybe not.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't agree there. He does about the same amount of defense the other halves in the comp do. He just does it extemely well. It's not like he's playing in the middle.

The simple fact of the matter is he has ZERO running game, passing game is lacking, game awareness zilch, kicking game LOL, every single attacking quality a good half needs he doesn't have.
He’s addicted to the contact.

At the end of the day we lost by 6 points to a team tipped by many to win the comp by a flukey ass try. Their so called gun halves weren’t much better.

it was a clunky game..first game of the season with very unsettled buildup/prep

Give the guy a break

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's defence is incredible,some of those tackles he pulled off last night,stopped some very promising attacking raids,he's 22 still learning,I said at the beginning of the season I wouldn't start with Tolman,our attack is bad enough without him getting in the road,overall I was very happy with our first up game

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Give the prince some time. He might come good.
Or maybe not.
He's had plenty of time and opportunity. It's not like he's some wide eyed rookie. Lewis had half of 2018, most of 2019 and full control of the team last night. The less he touches the ball in attack, the better. He's regressed in attack over the years if anything.. When you say that about your halfback you know you're in trouble.

Last edited: