News Parramatta beat Canterbury 8-2 in NRL season opener at Bankwest Stadium

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have to admit I was proud of the boys tonight they stayed strong and played as a team. They could have very easily allowed the distraction of the weeks events to weigh upon their minds and hung their heads but in true Bulldogs spirit the grinded and bashed Parra all over the park only losing to a lucky try 15 minutes from full time. If Parra are the competition favorites as the experts say and we are wooden spoon contenders, then on tonight's showing the Eels have a lot of work to do to live up to all the hype. If our boys can solidify and gain confidence in each other and improve our attack with every passing game we just might make the eight. Go Dogs. :grinning:

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I have to admit I was proud of the boys tonight they stayed strong and played as a team. They could have very easily allowed the distraction of the weeks events to weigh upon their minds and hung their heads but in true Bulldogs spirit the grinded and bashed Parra all over the park only losing to a lucky try 15 minutes from full time. If Parra are the competition favorites as the experts say and we are wooden spoon contenders, then on tonight's showing the Eels have a lot of work to do to live up to all the hype. If our boys can solidify and gain confidence in each other and improve our attack with every passing game we just might make the eight. Go Dogs. :grinning:
Based on eels performance last night, no way they’re premiership faves

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Very Proud..!!!

Yea we lost, but not convincingly.. that’s the biggest positive, we were up for it an stuck with them and defended our asses off, Problem is we need attack with it,,I hope it comes an we can at least get 2 try’s next week v cowboys.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Very Proud..!!!

Yea we lost, but not convincingly.. that’s the biggest positive, we were up for it an stuck with them and defended our asses off, Problem is we need attack with it,,I hope it comes an we can at least get 2 try’s next week v cowboys.
Their TRY Literally came from an unfortunate mistake on our line from trying to retrieve a kick. That was the make or break moment otherwise the "competition heavyweights" couldn't get past our defence. We should be proud of what we did tonight and the boys certainly sent a message to the rest of the competition. We will not lay down and let opposition walk over us.

Last edited:

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Based on eels performance last night, no way they’re premiership faves
What really impressed me was our fighting spirit, the boys turned up for each other, our defense was great. After the week we had I was expecting a blow out score which could have happened but luckily the boys kept it together and turned up to play. The team by all reports was devastated by the loss after the game which shows their pride and passion that they have for our jersey and our club. I love the Bulldogs, as a fan its a roller coaster ride at times with more downs than ups these last few years but this club in my opinion has no equal.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much longer do I have to endure platitude words like ‘durability’ and ‘resilience', and ‘showed guts, heart and ticker’. I‘ve been as patient as anyone over the years and understand the circumstances with desball, the salary cap and yet another scandal to deal with this week. There was plenty to like in the first game (and I know it’s only rd 1), but fmd, there were some serious concerns too. Are we now just happy to be a ‘we competed well club’? ffs, we had enough ball and field position in the first half to put on 3 or 4 tries at least. Parrascum are not a great team, no matter what the adoring media seem to think. Sorry, but I think our current mindset is not quite right for a bulldogs side. We should be pissed off we lost this very winnable game, not ‘oh well, good effort, better luck next time, it’s only rd 1, we had a tough week etc etc’. and btw, fuck I hate gutherson.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How much longer do I have to endure platitude words like ‘durability’ and ‘resilience', and ‘showed guts, heart and ticker’. I‘ve been as patient as anyone over the years and understand the circumstances with desball, the salary cap and yet another scandal to deal with this week. There was plenty to like in the first game (and I know it’s only rd 1), but fmd, there were some serious concerns too. Are we now just happy to be a ‘we competed well club’? ffs, we had enough ball and field position in the first half to put on 3 or 4 tries at least. Parrascum are not a great team, no matter what the adoring media seem to think. Sorry, but I think our current mindset is not quite right for a bulldogs side. We should be pissed off we lost this very winnable game, not ‘oh well, good effort, better luck next time, it’s only rd 1, we had a tough week etc etc’. and btw, fuck I hate gutherson.
It was frustrating to lose it based on the effort they showed. And many teams cave under the type of bad media we were surrounded by. So heart, ticker, courage and resilience aren't unwarranted descriptions of the spirit shown. I agree that the attack wasn't great when we were in the opposition red zone early. But it's not too late to get our attack looking sharper. The team should be proud of the effort against a team that is pretty highly touted to be among those vying for the premiership.