Changes for next week

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is based on chriton getting suspended which I believe he will

pay will debut averillo on wing
Anyone that believes hel debut in the halves has zero idea
Yeah I can’t see Crichton escaping a suspension his shoulder hit Sivo pretty flush.

I don’t really like Averillo on the wing I’d much rather at centre but he’s just one of those players that will look good anywhere.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’d play him in the #17 jersey from round one.
He could have been dangerous coming on late in the half. Similar to Papsmear at Melbourne when he first came into the team

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Switch DWZ and Hopoate during the game. Hopoate is our best creator in the team.

01. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
02. Will Hopoate
03. Lachlan Lewis
04. Morgan Harper
05. Reimis Smith
06. Jack Cogger
07. Brandon Wakeham
08. Ofahiki Ogden
09. Sione Katoa
10. Renouf To'omaga
11. Josh Jackson (c)
12. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
13. Aiden Tolman

14. Jeremy Marshall-King
15. Joe Stimson
16. Dean Britt
17. Dylan Napa

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Switch DWZ and Hopoate during the game. Hopoate is our best creator in the team.

01. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
02. Will Hopoate
03. Lachlan Lewis
04. Morgan Harper
05. Reimis Smith
06. Jack Cogger
07. Brandon Wakeham
08. Ofahiki Ogden
09. Sione Katoa
10. Renouf To'omaga
11. Josh Jackson (c)
12. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
13. Aiden Tolman

14. Jeremy Marshall-King
15. Joe Stimson
16. Dean Britt
17. Dylan Napa
Hoppa plays a great ball-playing role from the back and should be made to swap with DWZ from time to time.

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
1.Averillo
2.Meaney
3.Hopa
4.DWZ
5.Reimis

6.Wakeham
7.Lewis

8.Tolman
9.JMK
10.Napa
11.RFM
12.Jackson
13.Elliott

14.Renouf
15.Ogden
16.Doorey
17.Stimson

18.Harper

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How I'd tweak Pay's 17 for round 2, since he won't switch things up too much anyway:

1. DWZ
2. Meaney
3. R Smith
4. Hoppa
5. Averillo (Crichton will probably miss games anyway)
6. Wakeham
7. Lewis / Cogger (Lewis will be picked, but it was painful watching him run/pass this game)
8. Tolman
9. Katoa (Should have been somewhere in the starting 17)
10. Napa
11. Jackson (C)
12. Stimson
13. Elliott

14. JMK
15. Britt
16. To'omaga
17. Ogden (More punch going forward)
The one criticism I have of Lewis from this game was that he telegraphed some inside balls (he looked to pass left then turned counter clockwise to throw the inside ball). But it was symptomatic of the fact that our second row were playing in territory that our centres should have been in. Passing wide probably would have resulted in the defence taking Smith or Meaney over the sidelines. In that situation he'd maybe have been better off stepping right instead of passing. But he's been slipped into the highest pressure job as halfback. I hope we change our structure and the forwards stop drifting as wide as they did in round 1 next week.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This team is 100% spot on with the players we currently have. Lewis in the red zone is terrible. Wakeham needs to run the team. Seriously Pay are you that blind. You have had all pre season to sort this shit out. You have failed to see Lewis ain't a halfbacks arsehole. He has a good long kick and defends well. But that's it. Lewis at halfback is a big issue for us. An even bigger issue is our so called coach the genius himself Dean Pay. Can we sack him already please.

I'd even hire the Fiji coach as a caretaker for the year. At least he allows Wakeham to run his team, play both sides of the field and double up on plays. For those of you who haven't seen Wakeham play for Fiji watch him and you will see what all the fuss is about. He needs the ball in his hands multiple times a set. When he calls for the ball fucking pass it to him. Lewis and Tolman get the fuck out of the way in the red zone.
1. DWZ (run more inside lines like the one later in the game). More support play
2. Meaney (get more involved e.g. support play) kick goals as well
3. Harper (quick play the balls, strong runs out of our end)
4. Hoppa (get a few offloads away) get him involved in more sweep plays with his silky hands
5. Smith (Get him across the strip with some bombs, cross field kicks, cut out balls)
6. Lewis (give Wakeham more ball, more kick variety and do inside balls to quicker guys, not Tolman or Napa)
7. Wakeham (get more involved in attack, more kicks, try to put some back-rowers though holes)
8. Napa- keep it up, playing well (big hits and strong runs)
9. JMK (run it more and put the odd sneaky kick out of dummy half)
10. Toomaga (More offloads to support runners when it is on and quick play the balls)
11. Jackson (more of round 1 preformance)
12. Fatala-Mariner (hit some good lines with footwork and look to offload to some quick support runners)
13. Elliot (keep it up, great hits and strong running)
14. Cogger (bring him on for JMK when tired or for a half if they arent performing)
15. Britt (get a few more offloads going)
16. Tolman (use him to strengthen the defence but let the other more powerful runners make the metres)
17. Ogden (Hit hard and run harder) or give Stimson another crack

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wakeham will play second fiddle the entire year. It's Pays way of getting him experience.

Remember when he blooded Renouf and Ogden? He would only play them very limited minutes, and then throw Tolman back on.

Looks to me that has stripped Wakehams role right back and is just getting him game experience.

The club always trot out the line "getting the 40 to 50 games". Pay seems to want to blood the young guys in a slow and steady type way. To me, it looks like he doesn't trust him yet. He did it with Renouf, when he would be going gang busters and then next minute it was Tolman back on lol.

Personally id let the little bugger run the show. Looks to have more footy nous in his big toe than Lewis does in his brain lol

Last edited:

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis is not a halfback. No vision. Every single kick was exactly the same. All kicks to get us out of our half went straight to Gutho or were so high he could wander over and get them on the full.

And that last bomb on tackle 3 should (but won’t) seal his fate as a reggies player

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just for fun as these aren’t realistic changes but first off I’d approach Storm and see if the Lewis/JAC swap that was rumoured is still available? JAC and Smith to the wings. Cogger at 7 directing the team and Wakeham at 6 with priority call for the ball. Money we have from potential sackings and Foran/Smith rep injury money goes to Harry Grant to play 9. Napa and Renouf to start in the front row offering a more powerful and aggressive starting front row. If CHN is back he slips back into the 12. Thts my ‘unrealistic’ changes.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The one criticism I have of Lewis from this game was that he telegraphed some inside balls (he looked to pass left then turned counter clockwise to throw the inside ball). But it was symptomatic of the fact that our second row were playing in territory that our centres should have been in. Passing wide probably would have resulted in the defence taking Smith or Meaney over the sidelines. In that situation he'd maybe have been better off stepping right instead of passing. But he's been slipped into the highest pressure job as halfback. I hope we change our structure and the forwards stop drifting as wide as they did in round 1 next week.
We never looked like scoring a try tonight (Elliott got close) because the speed of moving the ball from the ruck was so slow.

And Lewis doing the slow jog and then handing the ball to a forward with an inside pass never challenged the Parramatta defense.

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hoppa plays a great ball-playing role from the back and should be made to swap with DWZ from time to time.
This is more like it.

Need to bite the bullet and drop Elliot and meaney. Solid players, but will never set the world on fire. Put Tolman out to pasture too. Bloke has run his course.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did the dogs even have one offload??? I felt like I could tell chn wasn’t playing cos he was our biggest offloader last season .

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
This is more like it.

Need to bite the bullet and drop Elliot and meaney. Solid players, but will never set the world on fire. Put Tolman out to pasture too. Bloke has run his course.
Haha so our hardest running middle forward tonight who came the closest to scoring and our only member of the back 3 that can confidently catch a bomb should be dropped ? Righto

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha so our hardest running middle forward tonight who came the closest to scoring and our only member of the back 3 that can confidently catch a bomb should be dropped ? Righto

If you keep Elliot, you've got to drop Jacko, Tolman and Stimson. 4 plodders in the pack is just pathetic. Our pack lacks size and aggression. Nearly scoring doesn't count in my book. Coulda woulda shoulda.... don't make excuses. Truth is that Elliot is a player for a 13th ranked team not a top side. Would he make the Storm or the chooks? Nup! Stop settling for mediocre. But he can catch a bomb... lol... That's what we want from a backrower fmd

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Even a grade one shoulder charge is 200 points so that’s potentially 2 weeks for Napa and I’m not sure if Crichton will get a shoulder charge or high tackle. I’m not too worried what Crichton gets but hope Napa somehow won’t get charged.

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pack should be:

Napa
Katoa
Renouf
CHN
RFM
Jackson

Get a bit of farkin size and mongrel back into the pack.. honestly Pay thinks we are playing tiddly winks... likes of storm and chooks will chew us up if they start sets on the halfway line. The pack that played last night are incapable of getting on a roll. Supporters settling for Elliot? Doggies are accepting mediocrity. .this ain't the club of winners that we used to be ffs

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If you keep Elliot, you've got to drop Jacko, Tolman and Stimson. 4 plodders in the pack is just pathetic. Our pack lacks size and aggression. Nearly scoring doesn't count in my book. Coulda woulda shoulda.... don't make excuses. Truth is that Elliot is a player for a 13th ranked team not a top side. Would he make the Storm or the chooks? Nup! Stop settling for mediocre. But he can catch a bomb... lol... That's what we want from a backrower fmd
Settling for mediocrity lol ... Question what's your view on Lewis. Also Meaney was the player in focus about the catching of the bombs, ya know 'back 3' haha

Curash

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hoppa
Meaney
Averillo
Smith
DWZ
Cogger
Wakeham
Napa
JMK
RFM
CHN
Jackson
Elliott

Britt
Toomaga
Tolman
Ogden

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Settling for mediocrity lol ... Question what's your view on Lewis. Also Meaney was the player in focus about the catching of the bombs, ya know 'back 3' haha

Lewis, meaney... they can go too ffs. What you want to put Elliot at fullback? Fmd