What's happened to Stimson ?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought Elliott an stimpson went alrigt tonight considering.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My main concern is picking holland over cogger or katoa on the bench, either could be used and rotated effectively, holland didnt even see any minutes, when katoa or cogger could have come on at anytime, id play rfm at 12 For stimson, and bring in ogden or suaso onto the bench, with cogger or katoa holland taking bench spot.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ppl need to relax it’s his first game with us give him time don’t forget his not used to shit halves .

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yep. No metres. Get a pushed back every run. Bloke needs to hang em up
Dissapointing game from Tolman, but he still had the second most run metres and second most post contact metres of all the forwards, after Napa.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I wasn't impressed with the signing, you could tell Melbourne made him look better than he is.

Last edited:

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought elliot was alright tonight. Ran hard and tackled hard
Bloke lacks size. No intimidation factor. Wont be able to dominate every week. Might be a solid plodder. But we've already got Jackson. We got Stimson in the back row. That's three plodders plus Tolman in the front row. Where's the go forward going to come from?

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My main concern is picking holland over cogger or katoa on the bench, either could be used and rotated effectively, holland didnt even see any minutes, when katoa or cogger could have come on at anytime, id play rfm at 12 For stimson, and bring in ogden or suaso onto the bench, with cogger or katoa holland taking bench spot.
Holland should've been let go by now.

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Elliot was a weapon... added more punch than other forward apart from Napa.

If he keeps it up he'll be in discussions for origin.
Mate you're kidding aren't ya? Elliot is a notch up from reggies. Any other team would have chopped him. But Deano keeps on giving him a go for some reason. He won't win us games .

I long for the likes of O'Meley, Mason SBW, Asotasi, Maitua Price ... when we we had real quality and intimidation factor. These plodders we got now, they are reggies level

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He was nothing special but he was a million times better than our captain courageous.
Napa was huge tonight
Best game in the blue and white and with big mins and passion

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was nothing special but he was a million times better than our captain courageous.
Napa was huge tonight
Best game in the blue and white and with big mins and passion
Problem is Napa is alone up front. We need some big boppers along side him. Should be playing Renouf front row, RFM and Ogden. Jackson to lock. Need size and go forward. Plodders hardly got us past the 30m each set. Then you have Lewis kicking straight to the fullback and they start their set near halfway. That's the fundamental problem . Pay needs to go.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Stimson was pretty underwhelming he got folded plenty of times when he ran the ball. Least he was solid enough in defence. Hopefully he will be better for the run.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Problem is Napa is alone up front. We need some big boppers along side him. Should be playing Renouf front row, RFM and Ogden. Jackson to lock. Need size and go forward. Plodders hardly got us past the 30m each set. Then you have Lewis kicking straight to the fullback and they start their set near halfway. That's the fundamental problem . Pay needs to go.
I agree with most of what u stated
Plodders and cream puffs galore
Been saying this for years but hey we’re only dumb fans

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I wasn't impressed with the signing, you could tell Melbourne made him look better than he is.
To a degree yes, but he had good service to complement his good lines at Melbourne. He was never getting that here.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pay is a protected species on here for some reason.

While I'm definitely not a Pay fan. There isn't anyone else available that's a better option ATM. I know that Bennett will step aside for Jason Demetriou after the 2021 season ends and has made it clear he still has a fire burning inside and wants to continue to coach in the NRL but otherwise who else is available?

upload_2020-3-13_1-34-10.png

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
While I'm definitely not a Pay fan. There isn't anyone else available that's a better option ATM. I know that Bennett will step aside for Jason Demetriou after the 2021 season ends and has made it clear he still has a fire burning inside and wants to continue to coach in the NRL but otherwise who else is available?

View attachment 13644
That's another one of our problems sadly

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's another one of our problems sadly
Bellamy is apparently talking about coaching the second Brisbane team once it gets the go-ahead, surely if Bellamy still wants to coach after he finishes up at the Storm then we'd consider him a viable option?