Official Round 1 - Bulldogs vs Eels - Discussion Thread

turveys asthma puffer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Game was reffed way too slow. No side will score tries if the game keeps reseting, and having all these stoppages.

And ill preach it again, hoppa has to move to fullback off attacking set starts up there end.
Harper to right centre, hoppa to left, halves i dont know anymore we needed foran out there tonight,
Reamis back to wing. Put averillo on the bench or to halfback.

Thats the only way i see a few points in this team is the side like that, and if the bloody hooker would run.
I got smashed for this same post a week ago, but to me its the best move, fuck there pride we need a couple of tries.
Hoppa just needs to be fullback full stop. Reimis and DWZ on the wings.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Radleys built different bigger and stronger. Lewis has heart but he's not a lock
He ain’t a half. It is worth a try. I’d be comfortable trying him at centre as well. Just get him out of the halves

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He doesn’t. That’s what we have an attack coach for like everyone else
Then tell me what’s he been doing all summer? Eating kebabs?

Our attack is worse!

Not for one second going to cop that our attack was awful because a winger and a second rower were unavailable

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Looks heaps more agile and athletic from last year.
Dylan Napa take a bow! That was his best game in blue and white. He was physical in defence and bent the line with his runs. He looks in peak fitness and lead from the front. Well done Papi!

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You need your lock to make metres. Can’t see him making many but we’ve never seen his running game
Least he won’t be kicking it. I recon he’ll make a great lock. It’s a gut feeling.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
I think our biggest problem is we need a running creative hooker. We had a chance to pick up Danny Levi before Manly did and blew it. I haven't even seen Katoa play yet. So the question is how do we work with what we have? Thoughts?

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We looked slightly more dangerous for a bit when RFM came on, and looked most likely to score in that 10 min period. Would have liked to see Renouf out there at the same time but he came off. Great defence through the whole game from everyone pretty much, cause Parra came to play, but we had no creativity in attack. JMK's service was ok but Lewis was poor at first receiver. Overall, not too bad for a first hit out but hope some points start coming from somewhere.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He doesn’t. That’s what we have an attack coach for like everyone else
The coach has the final say on who plays where and sticking with Lewis at hb is a great indicator that pay has no fuckiing idea when it comes to a good attacking structure

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry bro but Lewis ain't a halfbacks arsehole! He is only there cause of his size comparing to Cogger and Wakeham. If Cogger was Lewis' size, Lewis wouldn't see 1st grade ever!
If your mother was your father she’d be a man- if if if! Hypothesis are meaningless....Clogger was putrid in the trials plain as day he blew his opportunities in the 2 trials. Hopefully he improves his decision making, communication & most importantly his kicking game in NSW Cup & makes Pay take notice.
This is our roster, we have a diabolical spine;-
1)DWZ is all power poor passing game & has weakness under the high ball. Not in the top6 fullbacks in the NRL
2)Our halves; Lewis is our best option enough said!
3) JMK offers very little in attack around the ruck ; not an NRL level hooker.
Throw in outside backs who failed to score 40 tries collectively last season & it’s not hard to see why we’ll struggle to make the 8 again.
This is the roster that Pay has to pick from

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think our biggest problem is we need a running creative hooker. We had a chance to pick up Danny Levi before Manly did and blew it. I haven't even seen Katoa play yet. So the question is how do we work with what we have? Thoughts?
We needed Kotoa tonight. JMK was underdone as most in here expected. JMK was a yard off the pass. Kotoa played both trials and was ready to go.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Baz do you think Pay had the gameplan set up for Wakeham to step up if the opportunity arose? It didn't look like Wakeham was part of the gameplan so he hung back. Lewis dominated.
No I don't. I rate Wakeham but I think he is a 7 and Lewis should be 6. I don't understand Pays thinking on this point and I thought that when he had Lewis in 6 in the Cannerra trial he was starting to think this as well...

Problem is that Brandon needs to grab the reigns even if Pay doesn't hand them to him. I am fucking over the microscope of Lewis though to be honest, he so not the messiah just a good footy player that is a competitor with confidence, and he needs others to contribute. If we had Cooke in that team tonight out of dummy half we would have won with a leg in the air. There was no easy space for us in attack.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
You need your lock to make metres. Can’t see him making many but we’ve never seen his running game
Why not put Lewis on the bench as a sub for JMK... Lewis defence is his strongest asset and he's energy would be handy late in the halves...give cogger a shot at running the show.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not put Lewis on the bench as a sub for JMK... Lewis defence is his strongest asset and he's energy would be handy late in the halves...give cogger a shot at running the show.
Sounds like a worse Josh Reynolds!

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I still say that. But with the centres we have, points will be hard to come by.
Your kidding... If you keep and opponent to 8 points you should win 99 times out of 100.. that is unless your attack is horrid then it drops to 1 in 3.. Dean if you don't concentrate on attack we will never get out of this hole..