Official Round 1 - Bulldogs vs Eels - Discussion Thread

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No go forward at all. Pay picks pluggers all the time. Stimson, Elliot, Tolman and Jackson. Need workhorses, but not 4 or the 6 forwards ffs. No intimidation factor up front. No go forward, no momentum for the backs. Lewis is no good. Jury still out on wakeham and cogger. Jury still out on Pay. Snap up Flanagan now

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Biggest problem is the lack of strike power in the backs.
DWZ went ok. Hopoate and Smith are not top grade centres. However, who else do we have.
Its our halves who have to do more for the backs. I thought chrighton was strong tonight so to Smith.
Biggest problem is the lack of strike power in the backs.
DWZ went ok. Hopoate and Smith are not top grade centres. However, who else do we have.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
No Shifty like skills on show tonight.
Looks like Lewis has only been working on his long kicks all off-season.
Hasn’t shown any of the main attributes that a halfback should possess. Expect the same as long as he is running the show

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not hard to tell we are being coached by a bloke who has no idea in attack our defence was outstanding our attack was fuckiing deplorable. Lewis wouldn’t let wakeham near the ball and as usual overplayed his hand.Great effort by the boys but until we fix our kicking game and attack it’s ground hog day.

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Everybody knows Lewis is not a classic half and does't have a lot of flare. Tonight's game was a slug fest. It was a top 4 team in the Eels against a team unlikely to make the 8. Throw in the School girl debacle 3 days before the game, Most punters were saying 20+ to the Eels. No half on the field showed anything really.
I'm pissed we lost but proud of the effort and that includes Lewis who it seems is being blamed by some for the loss. He tackled like a lock forward all night. I must say I was very impressed with Wakeham's defence as well. The bounce of the ball cost us the game. Some will say a better half back would have won us the game. But I would argue that Mosses who is meant to a very good half could really break open the game and played no better than Lewis. First game and a good effort not happy we lost but most punters thought we wouldn't even get close

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We need a gun centre but next year in 2021 we have our truck load of money back so we can sign some players

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not hard to tell we are being coached by a bloke who has no idea in attack our defence was outstanding our attack was fuckiing deplorable. Lewis wouldn’t let wakeham near the ball and as usual overplayed his hand.Great effort by the boys but until we fix our kicking game and attack it’s ground hog day.
He doesn’t. That’s what we have an attack coach for like everyone else