Official Round 1 - Bulldogs vs Eels - Discussion Thread

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let’s hope we aren’t out of finals contention by the time we get a mid-season strike backline player or by the time Foz comes back

Dave0175

Waterboy
Reaction score
Imagine we had a million dollars to spend on a half ... Oh that's right we do next year.
I hate foran every time we lose like this
We defended well enough to win 2 games but couldn't attack an ant colony with a Bayer contract

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I love these threads where the experts who have never played the game come out from sitting on the lounge in their garage hahahaha

We didn’t make the most of our chances and made some dumb errors, particularly the timing of our tackles on ball receivers. It was round 1

Sack Pay
Lewis can’t kick
Stimson is unfit
Britt only plays cause of his dad
Etc etc etc Hahahaha
We hardly created chances let alone made the most of them.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why was holland not sub on tonight
I guess that answers the questions pre-game. He was there as cover for our backline in case of injury with DWZ and Meaney coming off injury. Also if JMK got injured. As injury cover he has more range than Katoa.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Biggest problem is the lack of strike power in the backs.
DWZ went ok. Hopoate and Smith are not top grade centres. However, who else do we have.
But defense was outstanding.. shouldn't we have put 40 on them?.. sorry Im a bit confused..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
There are some rugby league illiterates on this forum! Parra,with their roster are a Top4 side, we’re not even in calculations for a top 8 finish. Lewis, by is by far our best all round half we have available. Wakeham is only a handful of games into an NRL career & will gradually become more influential. Given that we lost 2 starting players 48 hrs out from our first comp game; it was a good effort against one of the NRL premiership favourites first up.
Hahahahaha

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lol at Moses...we knew if we could get one set in front of their line we would score. BA will be happy with our defence.....wtf? Ummm, there was nothing in our attack to defend. They are.delusional already!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Next week can’t come soon enough.!! After a loss waiting for the next game Is torture.

DOGSOFWAR2013

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The more things change.
The more things stay the same.

Welcome to the point scoring droubt continuing on from 17 18 19

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Imagine we had a million dollars to spend on a half ... Oh that's right we do next year.
I hate foran every time we lose like this
We defended well enough to win 2 games but couldn't attack an ant colony with a Bayer contract
Hopefully we don’t spend 1 million on a Ben hunt or Ash Taylor type player. Need to spend wisely.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Lewis is dog shit in attack, it is hard to watch. At least our defence was pretty damn solid, we just need someone who can actually create shit... which has been our issue for 6 odd years now :/

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There are some rugby league illiterates on this forum! Parra,with their roster are a Top4 side, we’re not even in calculations for a top 8 finish. Lewis, by is by far our best all round half we have available. Wakeham is only a handful of games into an NRL career & will gradually become more influential. Given that we lost 2 starting players 48 hrs out from our first comp game; it was a good effort against one of the NRL premiership favourites first up.
Sorry bro but Lewis ain't a halfbacks arsehole! He is only there cause of his size comparing to Cogger and Wakeham. If Cogger was Lewis' size, Lewis wouldn't see 1st grade ever!

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can’t defend like this every game. The team can’t depend on defence to win games. If we don’t get our act together and put on points then effort alone won’t get us close to the 8.... I think Lewis needs to swap ends and jmk didn’t offer much atall in attack. It’s round one so I won’t be that harsh just yet

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
RFM cost us IMO with that in goal blunder. Simple catch and a 7 tackle set.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
If we have a platform of holding teams to 1 - 2 tries per game, we can get better at our attack. I think we are 4 - 6 weeks away from things starting to gel there as Wakeham is given more game time.