Reaction score
1. Smith isn't a centre
2. JMK isn't a hooker
3. Lewis isn't a half

Honestly. If we had a decent 9. We win.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A tough effort and great defence I thought the forwards played well. Wakeham was good and I’d love to see him with more on the ball he got a repeat set in the first half. We need some variety in attack! We were just easier to read then a Grug book! In saying that Parra are massive pretenders! Sucked in to them all the media hype Moses Dally m player of the year Gutherson captain of the year Sivo and Ferguson top try scorers. I predict they won’t make the 4! Only try came off an error from a scrappy kick.
Hold your heads up boys the defence was great! We need a half and some variety in attack. I think if we fix that up we can challenge the top sides. The last tackle option of Lewis kicking to the winger needs to be Wakeham having a crack!

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I'm not saying Holland is any good but he was effective as was Smith when they were a duo... that was one of many shocking calls to split them up when they were building
If they want to spend time in making Smith a centre then perhaps that time should be in reggies and not FG?

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's UNREAL in defense.....but that isn't going to WIN is anything.

The amount of hospital passes he gave was LOL.

LEWIS is horrible in attack. Probably the worst attacking half I have ever seen

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
A good effort first up and considering the week they have had.Anybody complaining about the attack stop being whingers ffs.Parra scored one lucky try and their tipped top four and at their home ground.Plenty to work with and will get better.To all the experts on here,watch the game again and watch the players you are complaining about.Nobody had a bad game.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
@speedy2460.. where you at? Our defence was outstanding tonight and we scored 2 points.. you said preseason that your attack comes from your defense... 2 points......

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pay said early doors that the club is focusing on defence. Judging by that opening game I'd say that they've done well in that aspect.

Clearly our attack was lacking. Let's not forget that we lost 2 of our starting players during the week with both heavily involved in the attacking aspect of our game. Natural that we're not going to be going great guns from the beginning.

In saying that, it's definitely a concern we don't seem to have any direction in attack. Feel it'll come just hope we don't need to wait too long!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Anyone think Averillo could have done something with the space Crichton had at times... Pay made a couple of selection blunders tonight

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like Lewis has only been working on his long kicks all off-season.
Hasn’t shown any of the main attributes that a halfback should possess. Expect the same as long as he is running the show

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agree 100%

Think Pay wanted Wakeham to be eased into the game

Same halves next week but share the duties.
I just don’t understand why EVERYTHING went through Lewis in attack. I’ll be honest I don’t rate him but I blame the game plan for using him so much. They spent the whole off season training and that’s what they come up with? The attack has regressed and I didn’t think it had much room to regress

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Lewis to lock and Cogger in to partner Wakeham. Great game from Wakeham by the way

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Pay said early doors that the club is focusing on defence. Judging by that opening game I'd say that they've done well in that aspect.

Clearly our attack was lacking. Let's not forget that we lost 2 of our starting players during the week with both heavily involved in the attacking aspect of our game. Natural that we're not going to be going great guns from the beginning.

In saying that, it's definitely a concern we don't seem to have any direction in attack. Feel it'll come just hope we don't need to wait too long!
Pay will never focus on attack ... Wouldn't even know Lewis had help from Sherwin in the offseason