Official Round 1 - Bulldogs vs Eels - Discussion Thread

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The defence can be as good as that every week but we will still lose playing that attack. We asked zero questions how does Pay think that is going trouble any side? I don’t blame Lewis exclusively he just shouldn’t be getting the ball so much.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck me we are the most predictable attacking team in the nrl 3 hit ups 1 off the ruck tolman on the 4th and a Lewis Bomb straight to fullback
More creativity in picking up school girls then there day jobs

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lol.
Jacko thinks we need to simplify our attack??

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like the same game plan as the last few seasons. Get a lead, then try and defend it for 65 minutes. Except it used to be score about 8 or 10 points, now it’s 2.

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we only had an X-factor player ..... we are great in defence but just need to be a bit better in attack .... salary cap has stuffed us this year ..... SOUND FAMILIAR??? Just another “another year” .... sick of same old same old. Not to discredit our defence which was great, there was Zero (actually, negative!) in attack. Sigh ........

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The defence can be as good as that every week but we will still lose playing that attack. We asked zero questions how does Pay think that is going trouble any side? I don’t blame Lewis exclusively he just shouldn’t be getting the ball so much.
Agree 100%

Think Pay wanted Wakeham to be eased into the game

Same halves next week but share the duties.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lewis felling Wakeham to be quicker lol. Just stick to getting your kicks in
Since this took place, I could see Lewis wasn’t going to let Wakeham take on the attack

hotdiggitydogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lewis needs to go. Other then the ability to kick and tackle he has not planning, organising or tactical knowledge. Continually throws the inside ball for a forward to go back into the middle of the field. Drives the team into the centre of the field on 4th resulting in no depth to have a sweeping play. Grabbers to close to the line with it compressing to block the kick.

We need a playmaker who can organise and direct a side, Lewis is not that player

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lewis has no vision at all. Just pass and kick!

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Smith isn't a centre, just saying!

I'm not saying Holland is any good but he was effective as was Smith when they were a duo... that was one of many shocking calls to split them up when they were building

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
That Parra try - he was offside and was allowed to pressure Lewis? The video ref said he was offside yet has no objection to him being a part of the contest? - have we changed to netball rules in the offseason? What am I missing?