Official Round 1 - Bulldogs vs Eels - Discussion Thread

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Can’t question the commitment in defence and attitude. The boys look in better condition than previous years. Still massive issues with attack, we never look comfortable with ball in hand. It’s tough to judge after the first 40min of the year but Lewis and JMK are too predictable, they need to take on the line, have a run boys, it can’t hurt our attack and it might surprise the Eels. Enjoy the 2nd half Dogs fans

cyborg66

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the boys have surprise me great defence so far just need better attack

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Dallin is having a shocker with the high ball - I hope that stops in the 2nd half FFS

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I thought I was watching a different game see a lot of Lewis hate posts while I thought he is not having a bad game. Then I noticed the hate posts are coming from the same few posters. I admit he is not setting the world on fire but far from playing badly.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nice start to the second half, good defense, Parra had to kick from deep, DWZ gets it back to the 40, and Mitch "I'm the ref" Moses gives away a dumb penalty.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Clunky passing play, they've got to get that stuff right. The pass from Lewis to Wakeham was the right play, but it was slightly behind him which kinda sunk the rythym. That plus DWZ really just needed to hold that one and take the tackle.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Elliot and Napa were strong in the first half. Tolman was good early but played 10mins too long. Stimson and DWZ have been disappointing. Hopefully Wakeham gets some quality ball in the second
Napa a machine and still Tolman on the 4th.Solid performances in defence but we are loose at the back with DWZ making quite a few errors. Now using our challenge for this one which we lose. We need to practice those.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I thought I was watching a different game see a lot of Lewis hate posts while I thought he is not having a bad game. Then I noticed the hate posts are coming from the same few posters. I admit he is not setting the world on fire but far from playing badly.
Yes he is playing badly, his pass selection is terrible and it's having a ripple on effect. Not hard to seem

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Already hate the captains challenge. Challenging stupid things and just slowing down the game

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This challenge shit aint gonna work when they still cant make the right decision

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I already hate the Captains challenge. Waste of time. Just get rid of it, video ref, every bit of scrutiny, and get on with the game.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Surely ch9 can afford some faster frame rate cameras, how the fuck could they call that so fast

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gritty defence & Rubbish attack..

similar to last year..

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
JMK can't see the numbers and is not an effective dummy half. This is limiting opportunities. Couple that with a stilted Lewis and settler Tolman.

It's not enough of a gameplan using those limited tactics.

But good on them for keeping with Parra. Proud of 'em.
JMK's passing options need to improve. It's already looking stale.