Official Round 1 - Bulldogs vs Eels - Discussion Thread

Dapper Dog

Deitz-ciple
Reaction score
Credit where it's due, Elliot looked fit and ferocious that first half.

Our forwards have their mongrel back.

Bigger second half effort is gonna be required though, c'mon dogs!

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So far so good.

Hopefully Pay unleashes Wakeham to run at fatso Paulo and pussycat RCG once they start getting sloppy

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its only round 1. DWZ is a bit rusty at fullback but hes missed both trials and they have been piling on the pressure.
But fuck listen to some of you, lets just give it a week or so before you guys start calling for heads. i think considering everything that’s disrupted them they are having a fucking crack.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
LEWIS get the fuck out of the way. Before I jump on the field and remove you myself. Wakeham needs to play on the ball. LEWIS trying to put Tolman into a hole just lol. His tried it multiple times as well.
I thought I was the only one lol. AND on the fourth too hahaha

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good to see plenty of times where one of our blokes went round the legs in the gang tackles. It's limiting their post-contact metres and offloads nicely. Good to see half time come cause we were starting to drop off and look tired (so are they)! We're still sterile as fuck in attack. I like what I'm seeing from Meaney. Nothing flash but some nice strong in-field runs and good play-the-balls.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Biggest danger first 5 minutes of the second half

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
What game you watching ? Every time he touches the ball the attack stutters. He kicks with no agenda , it’s all just punt and hope.
I think the game plan is to limit Fergo like Ennis said and it's working well, but every few kicks need to go to Wakeham because with his first he got a result, and it was no fluke either

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
LEWIS get the fuck out of the way. Before I jump on the field and remove you myself. Wakeham needs to play on the ball. LEWIS trying to put Tolman into a hole just lol. His tried it multiple times as well.
Lews passing to Tolman - wow - what a clever and potent combination! NOT!!!!

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Got a result from one of his bombs gets good distance on the long ball. His been ok take it easy
Yeah, as much as he is clunky as a link up man, his kicking has been really important. We have 347 kicking metres to Parra's 239, and given the way the game has been we've needed that particular stat to be as big as it is.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Elliot and Napa were strong in the first half. Tolman was good early but played 10mins too long. Stimson and DWZ have been disappointing. Hopefully Wakeham gets some quality ball in the second

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good to see plenty of times where one of our blokes went round the legs in the gang tackles. It's limiting their post-contact metres and offloads nicely. Good to see half time come cause we were starting to drop off and look tired (so are they)! We're still sterile as fuck in attack. I like what I'm seeing from Meaney. Nothing flash but some nice strong in-field runs and good play-the-balls.
Yeah good grass cutting tackles but they are never rewarded. Even one of the commentators was disappointed at the penalty garnered against I think Wakeham? when he was slow to release after a good dominating one on one low tackle.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
True, but Parramatta have dominated field position so I feel like we are reliant on a Parramatta error to build any type of pressure in attack.
Reserve it for when the game opens up..

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We can't afford another Reynolds situation where they stay for 3 years +. When it's clear which halves do not have the footy IQ move them on and go play in England.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We don’t deserve to lose this. That’s all I can say right now