Boycott Rashays like they did us

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thats why the stupid **** should be sacked today.
I duno about the timing and what would be good but he needs to be gone today unfortunately
Very sad as he's a local kid and a good story up until now. I feel for his mum shes been involved with the league forever. Everyone at Milperra and across the region know her. Heartbreaking that he's fucked it all up

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I duno about the timing and what would be good but he needs to be gone today unfortunately
Very sad as he's a local kid and a good story up until now. I feel for his mum shes been involved with the league forever. Everyone at Milperra and across the region know her. Heartbreaking that he's fucked it all up
It's always the case, the people around him will be hurt more than he will.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Nike is the only sponsor, the only sponsor, that is sympatico with CB Bulldogs.

Beg them if necessary and offer our jerseys for free for first year of 4 year deal.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Nah I was disappointed when I heard it was Rashays that would be our sponsor, ive been there once and will never go back the place looked a shithole and was overpriced and the food was average at best!
That may be the case but thats not the real issue... Regardless of who they are the club has lost 2mil

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Nike is the only sponsor, the only sponsor, that is sympatico with CB Bulldogs.

Beg them if necessary and offer our jerseys for free for first year of 4 year deal.
Well Nike stuck with Tiger Woods.... but atm we are like Aaron Woods.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The rashays **** is getting some mileage out of this.
I’ve read two different interviews from him today and last night I watched a news clip where they scrunched up our jersey in one of his restaurants with him watching on.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The business would have been hammered on social media about their support of the club like others have been in the past.

There's 15 other clubs supporters plus people who don't care about the NRL ready to lay the boot in.

Do people really buy stuff because they are sponsors, personally that's never effected my decision. I wouldn't have bought a Kia because they sponsor us, I've dealt with ultimate security before because they're a good company but not because they sponsor us. I'd go to Jaycar before and after they sponsored us if I need something.
Why do businesses think having their logo on anything means people will see it and go buy it, what a fucking crock, your not going to go buy a Kia just because it's on the front of a jersey, no one gives a shit who sponsors any team.
If your at the ground watching your team play I can't see you saying to your mate, hey I like that Kia logo, 80 mins later, man I really want to buy a Kia what do you think, your mate would be saying Did you watch the game, no I watched that fantastic Kia logo and missed the game, see ya I'm of to a Kia dealer, yeah that's gonna happen.
Even if Rashays did sign on to be our main sponsor I still wouldn't be thinking geez I'm hungry I feel like Rashays, if I'm gonna eat crap it's Macca's.
Sorry about the long rant

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why do businesses think having their logo on anything means people will see it and go buy it, what a fucking crock, your not going to go buy a Kia just because it's on the front of a jersey, no one gives a shit who sponsors any team.
If your at the ground watching your team play I can't see you saying to your mate, hey I like that Kia logo, 80 mins later, man I really want to buy a Kia what do you think, your mate would be saying Did you watch the game, no I watched that fantastic Kia logo and missed the game, see ya I'm of to a Kia dealer, yeah that's gonna happen.
Even if Rashays did sign on to be our main sponsor I still wouldn't be thinking geez I'm hungry I feel like Rashays, if I'm gonna eat crap it's Macca's.
Sponsorship isn't necessary about getting a bunch of Bulldog supporters buying a KIA or eating at Rashays. It has a lot to do with just getting their brand out there and getting recognition.

A lot of people on here had never heard of Rashays until now and now they do. It's the same as if someone see's the logo on the jersey.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Because you use your own mind. Sheep love being told what to do/buy/say.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
You just mentioned Kia 5 times in one post, plainly you know the brand name, you also know they make cars and that they have dealers. That's what sponsorship/advertising/partnerships is all about, brand recognition, even if you yourself don't ever buy a Kia, you know the brand, when it comes up in conversation you know who and what is being talked about. Kia started in Australia in 1988, no one knew the name back then when they sold 60 cars in the year, last year they sold 600,000 cars and have high brand recognition. Their advertising/promotions/partnerships have obviously had an effect.

Go Dogs

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You just mentioned Kia 5 times in one post, plainly you know the brand name, you also know they make cars and that they have dealers. That's what sponsorship/advertising/partnerships is all about, brand recognition, even if you yourself don't ever buy a Kia, you know the brand, when it comes up in conversation you know who and what is being talked about. Kia started in Australia in 1988, no one knew the name back then when they sold 60 cars in the year, last year they sold 600,000 cars and have high brand recognition. Their advertising/promotions/partnerships have obviously had an effect.

Go Dogs
He is saying they didn't start making money because of their sponsorship.

Nearly everyone knows KIA makes cars.

Also just because they know your brand doesn't mean they are going to buy it.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
He is saying they didn't start making money because of their sponsorship.
Nearly everyone knows KIA makes cars.
Not in 1988 they didn't, it was "WTF is a KIA"?

Also just because they know your brand doesn't mean they are going to buy it.
Again not the objective, what they needed to grow was brand recognition. You don't just start up in a country from zero and expect people to buy your product simply because it's available. You have to get them to recognise your brand and one of the ways to do that (not the only way) is to sponsor/advertise via high profile sporting events. Australians are well known as big consumers of sport, live, televised, streamed, news etc. So logic dictates that some sports based advertising/promotion should be in your portfolio.

Go Dogs

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Not in 1988 they didn't, it was "WTF is a KIA"?

Again not the objective, what they needed to grow was brand recognition. You don't just start up in a country from zero and expect people to buy your product simply because it's available. You have to get them to recognise your brand and one of the ways to do that (not the only way) is to sponsor/advertise via high profile sporting events. Australians are well known as big consumers of sport, live, televised, streamed, news etc. So logic dictates that some sports based advertising/promotion should be in your portfolio.

Go Dogs
Brand recognition isn't enough, up to a few years ago, KIA was recognised as a shit car brand.

They changed their look and improved their product hence more sales.

Advertise all you like, a shit product won't sell, a decent one will.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Don't be stupid. No company in their right mind would announce a sponsorship in the middle of this shitstorm. There is still a chance they may come on board when things die down.
I doubt they will. Ironically everybody knows about Rashays now and it hasn't cost them a cent in advertising. They should gift those two idiots a $20 meal voucher as a thank you ;))

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Have I ever eaten at Rashays? No. I heard it's terrible from multiple sources.
Will I have eaten if they become a sponsor? Yeah for sure, would of got some support from me.
Will I eat there now? Refer to response from first line.
Would I ask other people to ban them? Fuck no. They did what any organisation would do in this instance. I do not blame them one bit.

Imagine aligning yourself with an organisation, and announcing it around the same time the spotlight is on the aligned company - because one of their employees was utilising a company-arranged trip to put themselves in a morally culpable situation. I was fully against any form of punishment at first, but as more details have com out.. FMD. Is anything less than the termination of Okk on the cards here?

Rashays may have won some fans for sticking by us. But they would of lost a shitload more in support.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That may be the case but thats not the real issue... Regardless of who they are the club has lost 2mil
It was the case and that's all I was stating nothing about the 2 million the issue on this thread is about boycotting Rashays which I don't have to do because its rubbish anyway!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The club immediately stood down the players and alerted the NRL .
The have not hid anything from fans and the public in respect to nobody being charged and said enough not to be sued by the player's when fronting the media .
Rashays pulling out is nothing but a cheap shot at free publicity , 2 million isn't something your willing to spend without belief , trust and due diligence .
If they where genuine community partners they would have stood tall especially knowing first hand all the work that has been done at the club to improve far and beyond any other club in the NRL or any other sport in the country .
Rashays , it's very un Australian to shit on your neighbour when they have been let down by others , knowing full well they are standing tall against what's happened .
You've lost my support and many more
to come I hope .
Probably would have been a demanding sponsor any ways , and better off without them .
Im sure they would have been hit much harder financially if they carried through with their support of the club. So a few disgruntled kennel members not attending their crappy restaurants won't make a bit of difference.

mattressback

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Rashays loyalty is to their own business and customers. They will not waste advertising on a club that has a poor media image, and continues to add to it.

I will still eat at Rashays because they deliver what they promise. Can we say the same about the Bulldogs?
No Rashays in Switzerland, Chris.....

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Man we have some narrow minded supporters. A business was about to pump $2 million dollars into our club. Lets assume it was all genuine. Why are you hating on sponsors and potential sponsors when you really should be mad at our dikhead players who can't keep it in their pants and have pea size brains documenting everything they do electronically.