Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
This is the actual law-

Sexual interactions with 16 and 17 year olds under special care
Although the legal age of consent throughout Australia is either 16 or 17 years of age, legislation in New South Wales, Victoria, Western Australia, South Australia and the Northern Territory makes it an offence for a person in a supervisory role to sexually engage with a person under their special care who is aged 16 or 17 years. A person in a supervisory role providing "special care" may include: a teacher, foster parent, religious official or spiritual leader, a medical practitioner, an employer of the child or a custodial official. For further information regarding sexual interaction with 16 and 17 years old under special care please see the relevant state or territory legislation.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Not making light of the situation, but back in my school days, both males and females were more interested in the teachers lol

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
This is the actual law-

Sexual interactions with 16 and 17 year olds under special care
Although the legal age of consent throughout Australia is either 16 or 17 years of age, legislation in New South Wales, Victoria, Western Australia, South Australia and the Northern Territory makes it an offence for a person in a supervisory role to sexually engage with a person under their special care who is aged 16 or 17 years. A person in a supervisory role providing "special care" may include: a teacher, foster parent, religious official or spiritual leader, a medical practitioner, an employer of the child or a custodial official. For further information regarding sexual interaction with 16 and 17 years old under special care please see the relevant state or territory legislation.
Does knockonmore classify as any of the above mentioned?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not with those wobbly arms.
Legend of a post!!!!
I'll have you know I use to be a tuck shop lady but it is amazing what triceps exercises can do for those 'tuck shop arms' AND no I am not in the photo.....

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Lol

I was asking if the dope classifies as any of the positions mentioned in the article IE teacher, etc
If he met them at school when he was on official Bulldogs business for example giving them a talk or a football lesson then yes they are under his duty of care.

When I coached an under 10's soccer team they were all under my duty of care by law.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If he met them at school when he was on official Bulldogs business for example giving them a talk or a football lesson then yes they are under his duty of care.

When I coached an under 10's soccer team they were all under my duty of care by law.
Students were under the care of the teachers. Ok was a 3rd party.

The courts would not find him to have authority over her

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
The optics are awful but I think there is a fair bit of hysteria surrounding the scandal. I honestly couldn't care less if it happened to a different club other than ours.

But we're the family club. We should know better and set the standard. That's the problem. These two are just dumb.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The optics are awful but I think there is a fair bit of hysteria surrounding the scandal. I honestly couldn't care less if it happened to a different club other than ours.

But we're the family club. We should know better and set the standard. That's the problem. These two are just dumb.
Only reason why I agree to knockonmore to get the sack.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

If you’ve done working with children training you’d know that statement is incorrect - and those requirements would’ve been passed to the club and ultimately the players prior to the school visit.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If you’ve done working with children training you’d know that statement is incorrect.
Lol. Tell me more of what you know about me.

The court won't see it the way you do.

The bloke is a creep and took advantage of a position. But when it comes to authority and care.... the courts wont see it how you do.

Would be great case law though

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got sent the video of chn bending her over in the night club and Okunbor looks tk be filming it .. so they are older enough to go to a club? Tyrone May got off but news is Okunbor gets the flick and chn stays

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Only reason why I agree to knockonmore to get the sack.
The club should just sack him now then and get it over a done with. Whether it's warranted or not can be debated later, but at least it looks like we have been proactive about it.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Lol. Tell me more of what you know about me.

The court won't see it the way you do.

The bloke is a creep and took advantage of a position. But when it comes to authority and care.... the courts wont see it how you do.

Would be great case law though
I know nothing about you but nor is that the point. It’s not how ‘I see it’ nor ‘whether a court would agree with me’ (and since this matter is not before the courts I don’t see the relevance).

The facts are that I and every other volunteer at a school are required to do annual mandatory training for any interaction with children/minors. Yes, that includes simple things like being involved in school BBQ’s or helping at an athletics carnival - any and all exposure to children.

That training makes it very clear that any such volunteer, when working with kids ‘has them under their care’. They are not simply a ‘third party’.

Bottom line: I don’t agree with your post and it’s not an opinion - but I have no need to escalate it or take it further.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Disagree. He was in an official coaching position if he's at the school to coach kids how to play footy. If you do any work at a school then they are under your duty of care.