News Jayden Okunbor and Corey Harawira-Naera stood down

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ask Akon about that
Mate from what I've read akon dry humped a 14 year old on stage at his all ages concert.. that's different to having the reasonable belief someone is above 18.. (ie met at nightclub, age on Instagram posted as 18 and look old enough to be that age)

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If that was the case, there would be a criminal investigation.

She told him that she was 18

I dont agree with what the knuckleheads have done, but labeling them as "sex offenders" is idiotic
The laws are pretty messed up in regard to this. They lean on the side of "You should have realised"

It's worse in the US. There has been many cases of 17 year old girls telling 18 year old guys that they're 18 and sharing photos, and those guys are now registered sex offenders for life.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If that was the case, there would be a criminal investigation.

She told him that she was 18

I dont agree with what the knuckleheads have done, but labeling them as "sex offenders" is idiotic
Cos a school girl has never lied about their age ...

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If he knew she def still went to school, it could help to check or else find someone else?
Last time i was at high school I was 17 in year 12 and turned 18 just after my HSC, though this is going back 25 years.

Were they at a high school 7-12 or.....?

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The laws are pretty messed up in regard to this. They lean on the side of "You should have realised"

It's worse in the US. There has been many cases of 17 year old girls telling 18 year old guys that they're 18 and sharing photos, and those guys are now registered sex offenders for life.
That definitely is a shit go

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
While its morally wrong and they both should be heavily sanctioned with fines and a suspension, are we not seriously going over the top with a potential sacking of a player who hasnt done anything criminally wrong. Man the NRL gives worse offenders like matt lodge and packer a go yet we went to ban okunbor? Just feels like over the top for someone who has not been afforded any chances like countless other football players

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They only have to look under 18 for it to be an offence.
Look under 18 to who? I support Okonbur being sacked for having sex with a girl he knew was at the school footy clinic. Im not sure why the request for a nude pic from a girl who claims she is18 is an issue. It just adds another salacious element to the story for the media. Girls these days rarely look under 18

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance, but is it possible to be 18 and still in High School?

I know maybe if you repeat a grade it may be but I'm talking in general.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I really don't know, but we're certainly far from more conservative or anything of that nature... if anything we're pretty much a moralless society these days for the most part
This is a very pessimistic theory mate.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Has it been confirmed that they actually took these women straight from school (so from the school grounds) directly to the hotel room?
please one of them banged the chick in the toilet at a club

the other one was asking for titty pics on Snapchat

these guys didn’t just take them back
From the school yard

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It isn't right but it isn't a guy committing assault, domestic violence or rape.

Lets get a perspective on things here.
Just because its not as bad as other indiscretions does not make it ok. Perhaps you need to try and look at it objectively instead of acting as though they are victims.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

Maybe some leniency should be shown if the age gap is so close, but in the case of a grown man soliciting images from a school student, the onus should absolutely be on the adult to be 100 percent sure. If in doubt, don't ask.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah, most year 12 students are 18 when they finish
Yes, but very few would be 18 at the start of year 12.

Only one of my friends was, and it was only because he'd repeated a year when he was younger. He was a good friend to have, because he turned 17 first in our group, it meant we could take off his p plates and buy beer from the drive thru bottlo when we were 16...

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Just because its not as bad as other indiscretions does not make it ok. Perhaps you need to try and look at it objectively instead of acting as though they are victims.
Im with you, sex and minors should never mix.

Tell a parent having your kids nudes isn't as bad as the other evil things mentioned.