Harvey Weinstein sentenced to 23 years in prison

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Weinstein sentenced to 23 years in prison

https://www.news.com.au/world/break...n/news-story/9efa01253f2045e9cdf8d248d4d2a07e

An unrepentant Harvey Weinstein has been sentenced to 23 years in prison following his sexual assault and rape conviction last month.

The sentence was handed down in a Manhattan criminal court by Justice James Burke, who presided over Weinstein's trial.

A jury on February 24 found former movie producer Weinstein, 67, guilty of sexually assaulting former production assistant Mimi Haleyi and raping former aspiring actor Jessica Mann.

"I feel remorse for all of the men who are going through this fight," Weinstein told the court before he was sentenced on Wednesday.

Weinstein said he was worried about "thousands of men" being denied due process in the Me Too era.

In a rambling statement, he said he was "confused" and that he believed he had a "serious friendship" with Mann and Haleyi.

Once one of Hollywood's most influential producers, Weinstein had faced the possibility of a maximum sentence of 29 years in prison.

Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance told reporters afterward that the judge sent a message that "this type behaviour is something that any potential offender is going to have to consider".

"The judge took it seriously, which is exactly how we think he should have. And we're grateful."

Weinstein wore a suit and sat in a wheelchair, while the six women who testified against him were also in court for the proceedings.

In an emotional statement in court, Haleyi spoke of the trauma she had endured since the attack.

"It scarred me deeply, mentally and emotionally, perhaps irreparably, perhaps forever," she said.

Mann also addressed the court.

"I want to remind you I told Harvey, 'no,'" she said.

"I am forced to carry that experience until I die."

Prosecutors in court filings last week said the sentence should reflect not only the crimes of which Weinstein was convicted, but a "lifetime of abuse towards others".

More than 100 women, including famous actors, have accused Weinstein of sexual misconduct stretching back decades, fuelling the Me Too movement against sexual abuse and harassment.

Weinstein has denied the allegations and said that any sex was consensual.

Weinstein's lawyers on Monday urged Burke to impose the minimum possible sentence of five years, asking him to consider Weinstein's charitable activities while saying a longer sentence would likely mean Weinstein would die in prison.

"His life story, his accomplishments, and struggles are simply remarkable and should not be disregarded in total because of the jury's verdict," they said.

In Friday's filing, prosecutors listed more than a dozen accusations going back to 1978, when they said Weinstein sexually assaulted an employee of his Buffalo, New York-based music company in a hotel room.

Court documents unsealed on Monday included an email to Weinstein from his estranged brother, Bob Weinstein, telling him he belonged in hell.

"U deserve a lifetime achievement award," Bob Weinstein wrote in the November 2017 message, "for the sheer savagery and immorality and inhumaneness, for the acts u have perpetrated".

Looks like the old Wienermister is spending what's left of his life locked up in the state penitentiary...adios amigo!!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I never even heard of the bloke prior to the trial. Oh well... every dog has his day.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He had loads of money to buy the fanciest hookers in the world and probably have a threesome everynight to satisfy his sexual appetite but he chose to force himself upon women, all because he was Harvey Weinstein "King of Hollywood".

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I never even heard of the bloke prior to the trial. Oh well... every dog has his day.
He's one of those types that's huge in Hollywood but you never would have heard of him because he's not in front of the camera.

His studio were responsible for many of Quentin Tarantino's movies (The Kill Bill movies, Django Unchained, Inglorious Basterds, The Hateful Eight) and many others.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
He's one of those types that's huge in Hollywood but you never would have heard of him because he's not in front of the camera.

His studio were responsible for many of Quentin Tarantino's movies (The Kill Bill movies, Django Unchained, Inglorious Basterds, The Hateful Eight) and many others.
Kill Bill vol 1 is one of the greatest assassin movies ever made.

A

Alexander the Great

23 years thats it? Needed life with a big black dude in d block

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
23 years thats it? Needed life with a big black dude in d block
pretty much life when you're an unhealthy 67 yr old and very likely to be knocked off much sooner than the apparent release date

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Im just wondering why the pedos/rapists are turning against pedos/rapists recently, snakes eating other snakes.

Last edited:

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This bloke is the poster child for using power imbalance to abuse others. Doesn't matter age or gender of the abused or the abuser, anyone who misuses a position of power in this way deserves to be locked up. Unfortunately too many of them get away with it.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
will be rotting in a grave like Epstein very soon
What I wouldn't give to see the files Epstein's madame has secreted away, she would have major dirt on a whole bunch of high profiles. I'll be hugely surprised if she is ever found, alive or dead!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Im just wondering why the pedos/rapists are turning against pedos/rapists recently, snakes eating over snakes.
Scapegoats. Throw the others under the bus to take attention off what you're doing.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im just wondering why the pedos/rapists are turning against pedos/rapists recently, snakes eating over snakes.
Guess they figure they can keep the heat off of themselves when they know something is about to surface

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Got you.

Just like a swamp creature claiming to drain the swamp.

That's it mate... They all keep their lips sealed but it obviously got out that somebody was about to squeal. I just hope Harvey himself squeals while he has the chance; I would love to see Hollywood brought to its knees