More dumb sheep fighting for TP?
All of the above?

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Honestly it was always coming. But I do worry about the reaction. Australia won't carry out any measures too hectic but many other countries could start doing China style quarantine.

Side note, the patent you linked is a different coronavirus. There's many different types of Coronavirus and the only real link between them is that they look the same under a microscope

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
On the plus side it means that countries will start enacting their pandemic policies which could protect some of the economic damage.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Where are you Chuck???? The world needs you..

82C1ADC9-6F3D-4AF6-9B92-0EBF9C05E946.jpeg

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hi all,
I’m interested in your thoughts, especially people like you @Hacky McAxe @DinkumDog and I know you’re meant to travel soon @south of heaven

I am meant to travel to the US in 3 weeks. I personally don’t care about getting the virus as long as it doesn’t prevent me traveling. I just don’t want to waste my time on a trip when things are cancelled or closed down.

I did have Coachella tickets but it’s been postponed until October.
The festival have offered to transfer the tickets to the new date.

I may lose a couple of grand if I can’t get a refund on the local accommodation there. I should be able to get flights & most other things refunded. Maybe not a couple of shows in Vegas.

My main concern is that sports have already started planning games without fans (ie Golden State Warriors today), even the bloody Vegas buffets are closing down. I have tickets to a massive beer festival and David Guetta pool party which I was really looking forward to.

I will 100% go to Coachella in October. Would you risk going next month too or do you think with all of this media hysteria I’m better off just seeking refunds and re-doing it all in October?
I just don’t want a shitty trip and our dollar is very low too.
Thanks for your thoughts!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw an interview with Bronwyn Bishop last night on Paul Murray, some of the funniest shit I've ever heard on that stupid show and that is saying something. Apparently Bronny has discovered that this virus was made in China for the sole purpose of eliminating unproductive workers in that country and to see if it's spread into the Western world will cause a global financial crisis.

And to think this raging retard was the Speaker of the House.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Hi all,
I’m interested in your thoughts, especially people like you @Hacky McAxe @DinkumDog and I know you’re meant to travel soon @south of heaven

I am meant to travel to the US in 3 weeks. I personally don’t care about getting the virus as long as it doesn’t prevent me traveling. I just don’t want to waste my time on a trip when things are cancelled or closed down.

I may lose a couple of grand if I can’t get a refund on the local accommodation there. I should be able to get flights & most other things refunded. Maybe not a couple of shows in Vegas.

My main concern is that sports have already started planning games without fans (ie Golden State Warriors today), even the bloody Vegas buffets are closing down. I have tickets to a massive beer festival and David Guetta pool party which I was really looking forward to.

I will 100% go to Coachella in October. Would you risk going next month too or do you think with all of this media hysteria I’m better off just seeking refunds and re-doing it all in October?
Tough call mate. Best advice I think I can give is a focus on location of travel and bang for buck.
I'm in NZ this week so it hasn't stopped me travelling, but what I mean by location is I'd currently think twice about Asia, Europe or the US at the moment because of larger populations and ease of spread of the virus with more people and other impacts as you've noted (sporting events etc).
I was due to go to Europe at the end of March on business and that's off. I've got another trip to Europe at the end of April - still on at this stage but that may get canned as well if things don't improve fairly quickly. Italy has basically shut down the whole country now (no jokes on Italian efficiency!) and we might see more drastic action given the WHO has overnight finally declared COVID-19 a pandemic, which Australia said it would be two weeks ago. Luckily with our smaller population, isolation and early action on incoming people, we will probably get it under control here sooner than other parts of the world.

In terms of bang for buck - you're facing the double whammy of a low dollar and other potential cancelled events or limits on what you can do.
Is there any way you could try to sell your accommodation? Services such as Cancelon might be able to assist with this. No guarantees but you never know your luck.
I'm a big believer that you still have to keep living, but cards on the table - in your shoes I'd probably focus on the refunds and go in October when it's likely things will be in much better shape overall - virus, economy, possibly the exchange rate, events not being cancelled etc.
Good luck either way mate and keep safe - that's the main thing.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The media and so called "experts" in the media.

So there's really not much to worry about

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who would want to refund toilet paper? You will eventually use it .

Dumb policy from Woolworths wont deter people one bit

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just as a heads up, while you may not care about catching the virus, laws in the US allow them to detain anyone, even against their will, if they believe you present a health risk to others. So while you may have tickets and the event may be on, you may be allowed to attend anyway.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm at airport now it's great lol cleared custom in record time not overly busy.this is only nz through Japan in April Ana have been offering refunds Tokyo is very quite but unless restrictions are placed im going just keep an eye on what happens to Italy in the next week will be a good indication

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hi all,

Personally I think you should still be OK to go, just have alternative options available.

Most large events in the US will be cancelled or postponed due to fear/hysteria. I was going to go to E3 but that has now been cancelled. Other events are all following suit. Smaller events should still go ahead as long as there hasn't been many detected cases in that area.

The other advice I'd give is to avoid any areas where there is a larger outbreak. Check the following link for amount of reported cases per location. It has been reported in 39 states and territories in the US, but most have only a small number of cases. Avoid California and Washington state especially Seattle.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-in-us.html

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hopefully I get detained in Japan an extra 2 weeks eating katsu chicken won't bother me

Status
Not open for further replies.