• Yes

Votes: 64 62.7%
  • No

Votes: 38 37.3%

• Total voters

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I thought we would win a couple of days ago.. but after everything that's gone on i've changed my mind

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No chance we will even be close to be honest. It’s a young group and it hits harder when not enough experience as it is. I don’t think we will even be in the contest but I hope deep down we shock everyone including myself and sneak home with a 2 point win

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes.

Eels are serial chokers especially against opponents they're meant to beat

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah I agree. Its gonna be a very tough night.
I wonder how much it actually affects the players? Would be a distraction, it would stress Dean and the coaches & staff out, which may impact the players.
All the media attention and stuff,
They wouldn't be as relaxed and focused now, the focus has moved from purely footy to a mixture of things.

Phil Gould said it will definitely negatively affect our season, he referenced the sex tapes and panthers last year and Jack De Bellin and the Dragons season

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I reckon we’re a massive chance. It will obviously depend upon how our young blokes cope with the past couple of days but I reckon we might surprise them. And Parra can choke when they’re expected to win. Dogs by 2.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'm having real problems understanding the reasons for the Parramatta hype. For example in a spine comparison;
Gutherson V DWZ, I'd have DWZ every time, Gutherson just goes AWOL during games.
Brown V Lewis, who knows, Brown's like 19 and he's gunna get found out with CHN, RFM and Britt running at him.
Moses V Wakeham, Cogger, advantage Moses but he's another one of their drifters, he can be brilliant one minute and then invisible the next.
Mahoney V JMK, Katoa again I just don't see any advantage to Mahony, JMK has scored more tries, has more try assists, similar kicked metres and played more NRL games.

Everybody pumps up how important the spine is (not something I agree with BTW) but I just don't see much to rave about in Parramatta's.

Go Dogs
Fuck mate Brown is a great young 6 has more talent in his little toe than Lewis lol. As for Mahoney he's the best young hooker in the game ATM. If we had those 2 in our spine we'd be a whole lot better.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wonder how much it actually affects the players? Would be a distraction, it would stress Dean and the coaches & staff out, which may impact the players.
They wouldn't be as relaxed and focused now, the focus has moved from purely footy to a mixture of things.

Phil Gould said it will definitely negatively affect our season, he referenced the sex tapes and panthers last year and Jack De Bellin and the Dragons season
After seeing Pay in that press conference today I thought he looked absolutely wrecked. Had me thinking how that would impact on the team prepping for tomorrows game. I know little about these things, just an observation. We need everything in the bank for tomorrow if we are to have a chance.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I said dogs by 4, can I change it to eels by 20+?

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
With this week’s distractions I can see us getting drilled. Hoping we are still in the mix at halftime.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I said dogs by 4, can I change it to eels by 20+?
Nah bro, I mean it’s very possible, but I still think we can get the win, it’s going to be a tough night at the office, especially after todays news.. but there’s still hope. Eels will be thinking it’s a given now. But hey that’s not a good way for them to go into the game..!!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

The Dylan Napa dram caused us few headaches last year, but this is muxh worse. It can potentially derail our season.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
After the third long cut out pass to Parras winger for a try tonight within 18 minutes I will probably say no.. No we can’t.

lots of hands on hips and hang dog expression action but..

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't see where our points will come from especially after losing 2 of our most attacking players

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Eels paying -36.5 start is $11.50. Good value, IMHO.

This game will be really show the strength of Pay as a coach. He is in a very similiar situation to how the Dogs were in 2004.

• Off-season sex scandal involving multiple players
  • First game of the season against the Eels
  • Backs against the wall, media is out to get us, and are a lot of opposing fans
The difference is obvious though - the roster we had in 04 would put 70 on this current squad before halftime.

If this team is as truly well drilled and has the courage to stand for true Bulldogs values - they better put up a fight. Cause if they don't, I am expecting a walloping.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Eels paying -36.5 start is $11.50. Good value, IMHO.

This game will be really show the strength of Pay as a coach. He is in a very similiar situation to how the Dogs were in 2004.

• Off-season sex scandal involving multiple players
  • First game of the season against the Eels
  • Backs against the wall, media is out to get us, and are a lot of opposing fans
The difference is obvious though - the roster we had in 04 would put 70 on this current squad before halftime.

If this team is as truly well drilled and has the courage to stand for true Bulldogs values - they better put up a fight. Cause if they don't, I am expecting a walloping.
Parra will have the crowd behind them tonight. We will be enthusiastically booed every time we touch the ball or tackle an opponent. Will that affect the refs?
I feel for our supporters who turn up, as they will cop a lot of unfair attacks on their character.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Parra will have the crowd behind them tonight. We will be enthusiastically booed every time we touch the ball or tackle an opponent. Will that affect the refs?
I feel for our supporters who turn up, as they will cop a lot of unfair attacks on their character.
Not any different mate.

We were all branded rapists in 2004. Supporters and players. Now, we are probably kiddy fiddlers.

It's fucked, but its part and parcel with being a team forever in the media for the worst of reasons. The players do it to themselves TBH.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Disappointed at the response from the NRL. They have already threatened punishment without knowing the details.
Gives a lot of support to Vlandys to find a new CEO.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a thread about a game . There is a game on , you wouldn’t know after the last 48 hours