Jack Bird tears his ACL at training

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He worse only played 38 games in five years
Wow, poor bloke. Must of had a black cat walk past him while walking under and a ladder and tripped and broke a mirror lol

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Your cousin is obviously not built for rugby league if his body has cracked at 22
My cousin is 5'4 and built like a brick shit house. He's had 3 shoulder reconstructions already though and is 29. Like I said he defends like a maniac. Being a bit of a midget and playing hooker, he frequently gets big boppers running at him. I'm talking about 2 seperate people though. My nephew is about 6' tall and built like a golf club. He'd get snapped if he played league.

Bad back at 22. He’s putting it on. I played local footy till I was late 20’s plus worked a trade since 16. Body is only falling apart now as I near 40.
Back injuries aren't always selective about age. It only takes one poor lift to bugger things and he kept working for a month or so hoping the injury would sort itself out. He's seeing a chiropractor now, so hopefully it will improve pretty quickly. But he's not on a six figure salary.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
It looked like an ACL the way he limped off as he wasn't bending the knee and the way he reacted it's like he'd felt it before.
Yeah once you do it a couple times you pretty much know what damage you've done when it goes again. He definitely knew what he had done and knew what was ahead hence his reaction. He knew he was done for the season.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
My cousin is 5'4 and built like a brick shit house. He's had 3 shoulder reconstructions already though and is 29. Like I said he defends like a maniac. Being a bit of a midget and playing hooker, he frequently gets big boppers running at him. I'm talking about 2 seperate people though. My nephew is about 6' tall and built like a golf club. He'd get snapped if he played league.

Back injuries aren't always selective about age. It only takes one poor lift to bugger things and he kept working for a month or so hoping the injury would sort itself out. He's seeing a chiropractor now, so hopefully it will improve pretty quickly. But he's not on a six figure salary.
With your nephew mate chances are it is more than likely a disc problem than a skeletal one. Tell him to forego the chiro and look more closely into disc damage if he hasn't done so already

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Poor bloke. This is like the Broncos version of Keiran Foran, only Bird has played even fewer games in the same time. This would've been his chance to try and push to regain his NSW jersey as well. Poor bloke :(

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He worse only played 38 games in five years
Yeah I saw his record last night on 360, talk about broken and only 24. He really needs to think about his future post footy as his current value will plummet from these injuries and he'll never get the coin he's currently on.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Guy's got a worse injury history than Foran ffs lol