News Jayden Okunbor and Corey Harawira-Naera stood down

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Can we stop comparing against other clubs and focus on what happened? Can we do that for one second?

The club openly said it wanted to get back to its principles. Back to the Bulldog DNA which centres around being a family club. Whether you agree with that focus or not, this is the values upon which they were elected and then reelected so clearly most of you agree(d) with that approach.

This situation goes compeltely against those principles and values that the club had fought so hard to reestablish into the DNA of the current team. What image does it give to potential young footballers, in particular their parents, if we went soft on this? To potential new sponsors (already lost one) if we went soft on this? We present ourselves as one thing (a family club) but then the reality is very very different. No potential footballer's family, nor sponsor would want anything to do with that.

The point I was trying to make, and which you touched on, is that losing that potential sponsor literally a day before it was supposed to be revealed gives us no other option but to act tough. I actually think there's a chance to get them back as our sponsor at a later date this year, if we manage to rectify the situation somewhat. But had we simply swept it under the rug what image does that give?

We have no other option but to come down on them hard, and I've got absolutely no sympathy for them. I'm amazed so many of you on here do. The trials and tribulations this club has been through over the years is secret to none, especially the players, so to put us under the magnifying glass again ...
Bit late to worry about it after the mad Monday incident where certain individuals went unpunished :tearsofjoy:

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I totally get okunbour is dumb and continuing on with a girl from school he has to go but if chn was on a tinder date surely he is off the hook?
Reports are that CHN wasn’t even at the school visit only met on tinder or whatever? If so all he’s done wrong is bring a girl back to the room.....

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This family club bullshit has to stop. Your heroes from the 80s and 90s banged
More girls in their career than you have spoken to at the pub. Fucking sick of this family
Club shit
Whether you're sick of it or not, it's what the current board got elected on the back of and reelected again.

Personally see this whole family club thing as being about making an environment where young up & coming players feel welcome, as do their families. That we're a place where they'd want to come because they're taken care of. To me that's the family club shit I'm talking about.

Now, clearly players got up to and got away with a lot more shit back in the day. No one is denying that. But clearly the situations are different so comparing now to then is a little bit pointless imo. At that time the general public wasn't aware of the shenadegans that the players got up to, so to the general public it really did feel like a family club and I do think it was ... to a point.

However, now is clearly different with social media etc. so it's like comparing apples & oranges imo

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Reports are that CHN wasn’t even at the school visit only met on tinder or whatever? If so all he’s done wrong is bring a girl back to the room.....
Yup, and that's why I think the club bottled it. They released that vague statement and made it out as if the two incidents were the same when they weren't. Players have brought girls back before and we haven't heard shit with the club choosing to deal with it in house instead of letting the entire world know.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How can anyone be considered an adult at the age of sixteen??? At sixteen teens are still naive and can be easily misled. Can a sixteen year old legally buy alcohol, tobacco, x rated adult content etc, etc...... The answer is no!!! But yet at 16 they are old enough to have consequential sex, even though they lack experience, wisdom, and judgement that comes with age. If anything the law is flawed.
True. On a slightly different tack, at the age of 14 they can get their own medicare card and access to their medicare record via my gov is removed from their parents even though at that age they are not really capable or able to be paying for Drs visits. You need their permission to access their my gov account to see what that record says. Don't forget too that Dr patient privilege exists but if they are self harming and things like that Drs are obliged to tell parents.Parents can be left in the dark as to what is happening medically to their child.

I n Australia, the age at which a young person is able to consent to simple health care treatments without involving a parent or guardian is around 14 years. How can a 14 year old adequately understand medical situations?

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yup, and that's why I think the club bottled it. They released that vague statement and made it out as if the two incidents were the same when they weren't. Players have brought girls back before and we haven't heard shit with the club choosing to deal with it in house instead of letting the entire world know.
What else could they do? Release a statement saying they banged a schoolgirl? Released a statement saying they banged someone but not a school girl? Not say anything and let it come out (which based on what i've heard it would have anyway haha)

Its a case of damned if you do damned if you don't i guess

Oko has gotta go. CHN i can excuse, but this is a terrible look for us. Immeasurable reputational damage, loss of sponsors.. Anyone coming to the table now will want to lowball us as we're in a very weak position. Major implication

Wouldn't be surprised if both are sacked though

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
happy game day folks

the day has finally arrived to show how hard Dean Pay has worked in the off season with the players...

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I am worked up over this matter, but as usual as time goes by clarification comes and we hear further details which change the way in which the situation could be viewed. Now we hear that CHN did not make contact via 'a school situation'. If it was tinder that leaves a lot to be desired too but not illegal.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
OK. Then the club should relatively be in the clear as nothing occurred while at school, and they can't control his Insta account. That's at least some good news it seems ...
Must be a social media guideline thing
Izzy had one

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I am worked up over this matter, but as usual as time goes by clarification comes and we hear further details which change the way in which the situation could be viewed. Now we hear that CHN did not make contact via 'a school situation'. If it was tinder that leaves a lot to be desired too but not illegal.
The whole thing is fucked right on the eve of our season. Finally had an inkling of hope after 2-3 years of fucking rubbish and I can't see this not having an adverse effect.

Its zapped a bit of my excitement for tonight, as i'm sure it has for plenty others.

Its our best forward and a starter in the back line. We're thin as it is so this is not good at all.

Plus we'll have the powder puff back row to match our powder puff front row for the foreseeable future now too

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What else could they do? Release a statement saying they banged a schoolgirl? Released a statement saying they banged someone but not a school girl? Not say anything and let it come out (which based on what i've heard it would have anyway haha)

Its a case of damned if you do damned if you don't i guess

Oko has gotta go. CHN i can excuse, but this is a terrible look for us. Immeasurable reputational damage, loss of sponsors.. Anyone coming to the table now will want to lowball us as we're in a very weak position. Major implication

Wouldn't be surprised if both are sacked though
They could have just given more information in the original statement I guess and said that two of them are being investigated for bringing girls back while only one of them is being investigated for making contact on or after a school visit.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They could have just given more information in the original statement I guess and said that two of them are being investigated for bringing girls back while only one of them is being investigated for making contact on or after a school visit.
Agree on that part, but as soon as it came out it was schoolgirls they will rip us up anyway haha

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agree on that part, but as soon as it came out it was schoolgirls they will rip us up anyway haha
Yeah it was always going to be bad whatever way they worded it. I’m not sure what else they can be investigating? Just get it all over with a move on.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
How do you know players have brought woman back and we haven’t heard shit? Maybe a long time ago but not in this modern era.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What was your new football manager doing to ensure these guys follow the club rules?
Surely a grown man could follow some basic guidelines, why should anyone have to watch over them 24/7

These are grown men with responsibilities to the club and themselves.

Let me come from a different angle

How do you think Okos mum feels right now? She works in the junior league and is well known. Her son goes and does this and gets his face slapped all over the media for the next cycle. I know if that was my mum and I'd caused all this i'd feel terrible.

He should have known the impact this would have caused if it got out.

If the pussy is being thrown at them as we know it does, move on from the schoolgirls and find someone a little more palatable with the general public

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Surely a grown man could follow some basic guidelines, why should anyone have to watch over them 24/7

These are grown men with responsibilities to the club and themselves.

Let me come from a different angle

How do you think Okos mum feels right now? She works in the junior league and is well known. Her son goes and does this and gets his face slapped all over the media for the next cycle. I know if that was my mum and I'd caused all this i'd feel terrible.

He should have known the impact this would have caused if it got out.

If the pussy is being thrown at them as we know it does, move on from the schoolgirls and find someone a little more palatable with the general public
Yeah the family of the players cop it just as bad.... you got to feel sorry for them..

So, if the same school girl also worked at maccas and he met her at Maccas and they hooked up, even though she still attends school, and he visited that school two days ago, then we wouldn't have had this over-reaction?

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah the family of the players cop it just as bad.... you got to feel sorry for them..

So, if the same school girl also worked at maccas and he met her at Maccas and they hooked up, even though she still attends school, and he visited that school two days ago, then we wouldn't have had this over-reaction?
Nope because he still met her in the school

Would you think that scenario would be any different had it been a teacher who quit the school?

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Exactly, CHN shouldn’t even have been named at all. Nothing he done was wrong/illegal just some don’t agree which is fine but far from acceptable for his name being dragged through the mud and tarnished now forever as this shit won’t be forgotten.
The teacher shit shouldn’t have even been mentioned who’s business is that to be spreading around, hopefully someone is watching CHN because he’s been in a bad state before and the club and NRL should be ashamed the way they have handled it.
People saying what he’s done is such a fkn discussing act is what’s wrong with the people of today.
Okonbur had more of an issue. Can’t see him being around the club much longer.

Last edited: