News Jayden Okunbor and Corey Harawira-Naera stood down

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Doing stupid shit like these two did plays right into Greenberg’s hands. It’s like letting the fox into the henhouse. I think Okonbur is gone and I wouldn’t be at all surprised if CHN is gone too. Greenberg will be looking for a kill to impress with all this pressure surrounding his job.
Exactly my thoughts

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Get ready for this tomorrow, gets worse by the day
CHN won't get sacked from this... Remember the panthers videos last season, dude had his foot on her head going to pound town and they didn't ask for those videos to be leaked either. I think Okunbur is in strife though

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Sydney Morning Herald on Wednesday obtained screen grabs of the messages between Okunbor and one of the girls on the winger's now deleted Instagram account.

The exchange begins with the girls asking Okunbor "Having a good stalk ?", to which he replies "Yeah had to have a good look, what are we doing tonight?".

"You" she responded before Okunbor asks: "we're (sic) you at the school today".

She replies with what is believed to be a photo of the pair, as well as another Bulldogs player, at the school earlier that day.

https://7news.com.au/sport/rugby-league/bulldogs-drama-overshadows-nrl-kick-off-c-739233

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
CHN won't get sacked from this... Remember the panthers videos last season, dude had his foot on her head going to pound town and they didn't ask for those videos to be leaked either. I think Okunbur is in strife though
Pound Town aka The Bone Yard.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Todd Greenberg promises ‘significant sanctions’ for banned Bulldogs if breaches are upheld

NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg has promised “significant sanctions” for stood down Canterbury players Corey Harawira-Naera and Jayden Okunbor if breaches against them are sustained.

Harawira-Naera and Okunbor’s futures remain the subject of an NRL and club investigation for bringing two teenage schoolgirls to the team hotel in Port Macquarie last month.

School visits are one of the pillars of the NRL’s community work, with thousands of hours committed to such projects every year.

Player education around school visits has previously been part of the NRL’s program, with advice including not giving a student their phone number and not contacting them.

In another education session for rookies in recent years, players are taught to be wary of people who approach them via social media and to be careful of their ages.

“Our players have no greater social responsibility than promoting respect for women,” Greenberg said in a statement on Wednesday.

“Part of being a first grade player is being a role model. Respect for women is a fundamental aspect of our training courses from rookies to elite players.

“That’s why we took immediate action in provisionally suspending both players allegedly involved in the matters under investigation.

“We didn’t hide behind the investigation. The Bulldogs and the NRL made the decision to proactively stand down the players to send a very clear message that allegations of this nature are completely unacceptable and will not be tolerated.

“Conduct of this nature breaches every aspect of what we stand for as a game.

“Rest assured, if these breaches are sustained the players will face significant sanctions which will both meet community expectation and send a message to every single player in our game.

“Our game has been commended internationally for the work we do, not only in Australia but throughout the Pacific, in educating and promoting respect for women.

“We will continue to do more and more in this sphere and we will act swiftly on any player who does not meet those expectations.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...r/news-story/54612666bda89ced90e736415eb54b57
Are some of you still saying this isn't a big deal? That the NRL is overreacting? That we should've tried to cover it up as it's really not all that bad ...

What Greenburg is doing is covering the NRL's arses. He's making it clear that the NRL gives strict protocols and training to players that they have to follow when doing these visits. He's outlining the lengths the NRL goes to to ensure its players follow the necessary procedures so they don't do anything against the best interests of the game.

The onus is now on the club to demonstrate that it also did everything it could to ensure the players behaved and acted accordingly. Obviously they didn't, but the NRL is going hunting for us to demonstrate how seriously they're taking this. If we haven't done absolutely everything to train and support our players when doing school visits, we're going to get destroyed.

I said it before, and I'll say it again. This is far worse than the Coffs Harbour incident and I honestly don't know how we're going to recover from it. Part of the issue for me are the amount of people on here willing to defend the idiots for that they did as this shows the NRL they really need to make a statement to get their point across. And they will.

Doubt the club will act before the game tomorrow, however expect both players will be sacked. Perhaps harsh on CHN but what choice do we have? The stigma around the club now is toxic as fuck. Need to get the grubs out and start a new culture.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Doing stupid shit like these two did plays right into Greenberg’s hands. It’s like letting the fox into the henhouse. I think Okonbur is gone and I wouldn’t be at all surprised if CHN is gone too. Greenberg will be looking for a kill to impress with all this pressure surrounding his job.
Agree. But it won't stop at those two. Expect the club then to get attacked and for there to be sackings also. If anyone honestly thinks that just getting rid of these two will appease the wolves at our door they've got another thing coming.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
2GB just reported that Knockonbor is definately sacked, as early as tomorrow.

CHN survives by a bee's dick.
Good. Glad the club is acting quickly. I'd have both players front the media personally to take the spotlight off the club, and onto the idiots who couldn't keep their dicks in their pants ...

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are some of you still saying this isn't a big deal? That the NRL is overreacting? That we should've tried to cover it up as it's really not all that bad ...

What Greenburg is doing is covering the NRL's arses. He's making it clear that the NRL gives strict protocols and training to players that they have to follow when doing these visits. He's outlining the lengths the NRL goes to to ensure its players follow the necessary procedures so they don't do anything against the best interests of the game.

The onus is now on the club to demonstrate that it also did everything it could to ensure the players behaved and acted accordingly. Obviously they didn't, but the NRL is going hunting for us to demonstrate how seriously they're taking this. If we haven't done absolutely everything to train and support our players when doing school visits, we're going to get destroyed.

I said it before, and I'll say it again. This is far worse than the Coffs Harbour incident and I honestly don't know how we're going to recover from it. Part of the issue for me are the amount of people on here willing to defend the idiots for that they did as this shows the NRL they really need to make a statement to get their point across. And they will.

Doubt the club will act before the game tomorrow, however expect both players will be sacked. Perhaps harsh on CHN but what choice do we have? The stigma around the club now is toxic as fuck. Need to get the grubs out and start a new culture.

Nothing happened at the school mate, and what ensued is out of everybody's hands bar those involved. Maybe the NRL should focus on bigger issues like players not attacking law enforcement, or endangering lives by driving drunk, or bashing women, or bashing random blokes on the street. Perhaps Todd should take it up with the government that they are not content with the age of consent

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nothing happened at the school mate, and what ensued is out of everybody's hands bar those involved. Maybe the NRL should focus on bigger issues like players not attacking law enforcement, or endangering lives by driving drunk, or bashing women and/or random blokes on the street. Perhaps Todd should take it up with the government that they are not content with the age of consent
How did he get her number? Where did they start talking? Dude ... Can't talk to you anymore, seriously ...

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
How did he get her number? Where did they start talking? Dude ... Can't talk to you anymore, seriously ...
Instagram, that's where it all escalated... As you would have seen, Jayden asked her if she was at the school.. if he was chatting her at the school he would not have need to ask that, seeing as he would have the answer... she was just one of probably hundreds of people to have their photo taken with them

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Instagram, that's where it all escalated... As you would have seen, Jayden asked her if she was at the school.. if he was chatting her at the school he would not have need to ask that, seeing as he would have the answer... she was just one of probably hundreds of people to have their photo taken with them
Wait. He didn't get her number at school? Have I missed something?

She followed him on Instagram? Hit him up .... ah ... then that's different.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone got the article that in daily Telegraph about okunbor being sacked

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Wait. He didn't get her number at school? Have I missed something?

She followed him on Instagram? Hit him up .... ah ... then that's different.
Well it looks like he started the Instagram chat. I don't know how that shit works but he asked "You stalking me" or some shit like that.

Can you tell if someone has been checking your account or something?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well it looks like he started the Instagram chat. I don't know how that shit works but he asked "You stalking me" or some shit like that.
OK. Then the club should relatively be in the clear as nothing occurred while at school, and they can't control his Insta account. That's at least some good news it seems ...

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
OK. Then the club should relatively be in the clear as nothing occurred while at school, and they can't control his Insta account. That's at least some good news it seems ...
Yeah but the media scum won't stop. They all mention "school girls" but always omit "of legal age".

Obvious agenda of making the two dumb fucks as pedos and maximising their damage to the club.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah but the media scum won't stop. They all mention "school girls" but always omit "of legal age".

Obvious agenda of making the two dumb fucks as pedos and maximising their damage to the club.
Yes. Obvious agenda making. Yes. The NRL will feed us to the wolves. Yes. They're of legal age.

It's all irrelevant if I'm honest as every player at our club knows the scrutiny which our club especially is put under. Just look at last Man Monday's debacle! Without doubt every single player knows how careful they need to be.

Clearly both CHN and Okunbor don't respect the club enough to stay out of trouble and now we're absolutely in for it. As horrible as it is for us to endure, I don't for a second blame the NRL, media, or Bulldogs. 150% of the blame goes with both of those fuckwits for what they've done to our club. Hope both of them get sacked.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sack these clowns, couldn’t care less.
Idiots who couldn’t care about our emblem.

however...

what now about
* Curtis Scott punching cops?
* is Sivo playing against us after belting a woman?
* good to see Lodge turn his life around after threatening a family in front of a minor

Write these lads a character reference too Greenturd you Jibbering Rooster fan f-wit!

MoNkEy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone got the article that in daily Telegraph about okunbor being sacked
Canterbury Bulldogs’ Jayden Okunbor set for axe over schoolgirl sex scandal
Dean Ritchie, Adam Mobbs, The Daily Telegraph
March 11, 2020 9:38pm

Canterbury winger Jayden Okunbor is set to be sacked by the Bulldogs for allegedly having sex with a school girl while in Port Macquarie for a pre-season trial game.

Okunbor planned to get together with the teenager after meeting her during a school visit, explosive now-deleted messages reveal.

The revelation comes following the release of an Instagram exchange between Okunbor, 23, and one of the girls in which she asks Okunbor if he is “having a good stalk?”

The Daily Telegraph has been told Okunbor is expected to be dumped by Canterbury, although teammate Corey Harawira-Naera will survive.

Canterbury Bulldogs winger Jayden Okunbor and the schoolgirl Instagram exchange.

The pair have been stood down from Thursday night’s season-opener against Parramatta at Bankwest Stadium after breaking the NRL and Canterbury’s code of conduct by having sex with two 17-year-olds at the team hotel.

Okunbor was at a Canterbury school visit to Newman Senior Technical College to promote rugby league.

He later connected with one of the students on Instagram.

Harawira-Naera met a girl at her after school job and they later connected on social media. It’s believed she also attends the same school.

Both females are believed to be 17 — one year above the age of consent. The sex was consensual. The two players have seven days to respond to show cause notices.

Canterbury officials are considering sacking Okunbor because he met the young female in a schoolyard – behaviour Bulldogs CEO Andrew Hill said wasn’t “reflective of this football club and the game’s code of conduct.”

The start of an Instagram exchange between Canterbury Bulldogs winger Jayden Okunbor and a Port Macquarie schoolgirl.
In a day of anger and frustration for the NRL and Canterbury, The Daily Telegraph can also reveal:

* The club has lost its new major sponsor — Rashays — over the drama. The mooted $2 million deal with the restaurant chain involved having the company’s logo splashed across the front of the club’s jumper starting from tonight. The deal was formally struck last week after Kia left Canterbury – the only NRL club without a major sponsor - for the Brisbane Broncos. The jersey was due to be unveiled on Tuesday;

* Both players have not only been stood down from playing but also training;

* The Bulldogs were only made aware of the incidents last Friday;

* A Bulldogs player is understood to have had sex on the Port Macquarie trip with a teacher, whom the player met during another school visit. She doesn’t teach at the same school as the two female students. The NRL Integrity Unit won’t take any action over two consenting adults engaging in sex.

* Hill has spoken with NRL Police who confirmed the sex was not illegal.

* The NRL will finalise a report on the matter and then invite Bulldogs management to discuss a possible sanction or punishment. That report won’t be completed until next week.

It comes as a source confirmed to The Australian that one of the Bulldogs footballers also had a sexual encounter with a teacher. It is unclear whether the teacher was from the same school as the two students involved with the players.

In a screenshot of the exchange obtained by The Daily Telegraph, taken from the girl’s phone of her now-deleted Instagram account, she asks Okunbor “Having a good stalk?”

The end of an Instagram exchange between Canterbury Bulldogs winger Jayden Okunbor and a Port Macquarie schoolgirl.
The Bulldogs flyer replies “Yeah had to have a good look” before asking her “What are we doing tonight?”

The girl replies back with “You” and a wink emoji.

Two girls voluntarily went to the Bulldogs’ hotel that night and both of whom were over the age of consent. However it still constituted a breach of NRL rules.

On Wednesday, Bulldogs chief executive Andrew Hill confirmed the breach notices issued to Okunbor and Harawira-Naera “relate to players bringing young females of a consensual age back to the team hotel.”

In the Instagram message, Okunbor asks the girl: “we’re (sic) you at the school today”.

She then sends Okunbor a photo of who is believed to be herself, the Bulldogs winger and a teammate during the school visit.

The message thread ends with Okunbor writing “Okay” and including three emojis with heart-shaped eyes.

After posting the exchange she wrote on Instagram: “**gets invited to go back to bulldogs hotel room*** fine if I must.”

Corey Harawira-Naera.

Jayden Okunbor.

NRL management is preparing to hand down substantial penalties and punishment to the Bulldogs.

“We share with the Bulldogs extreme disappointment that we have individuals who have allegedly breached the expectations and behaviours that the NRL expects from our players,” said an NRL spokesman.

On the Big Sports Breakfast radio program, former NSW captain and coach Laurie Daley said: “You go to a school to represent the game and represent your club. It’s an extremely bad look. You’re well aware of your responsibilities as a football player.”

Bulldogs coach Dean Pay and CEO Andrew Hill declined to make a detailed statement as the investigation continues. Picture Rohan Kelly
Hill and Canterbury coach Dean Pay held a 10-minute press conference inside Belmore Sports Ground on Wednesday morning.

“They have clearly breached the game’s and club’s code of conduct. The players are aware of their obligations,” Hill said.

“I appreciate there is a lot of interest in this but it is a sensitive matter. The club has acted swiftly and we have taken a strong stance against the two players,” Hill said.

“As you can appreciate, now that the investigation has commenced, the club is not in a position to make further comment at this stage but it is not behaviour or values reflective of this football club and the game’s code of conduct.”

Senior Bulldogs officials who accompanied the team to Port Macquarie will now be under pressure to explain how the drama was allowed to unfold.

In a prepared statement Hill said: “We can further confirm the breaches do relate to players bringing young females of a consensual age back to the team hotel.

“The clubs want to reiterate that while neither player is the subject of a police investigation, these are very concerning matters that we are treating very seriously.

“We have been conscious through our review of these allegations over the past few days to do everything we could to protect the identity and welfare of the girls involved, that is why we have been careful with the information we have disclosed. To the extent possible we will continue to do that.

“After the past few months where our players received some deserved recognition for their charitable and community work, this is obviously a very disappointing situation.

“The conduct and behaviour not only breaches our club’s code of conduct, it is not reflective of the standards and values we have tried very hard to instil in our players.”