News Schoolgirl sex scandal costs Bulldogs new $2 million sponsorship

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Attard had some great mail didn't he :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
I cannot stand this mofo. I used to follow him, but he is just absolutely full of shit. I knew today when he posted his 100% confirmed inside info that the opposite would happen. Why does this dope have a blue tick anyway?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I cannot stand this mofo. I used to follow him, but he is just absolutely full of shit. I knew today when he posted his 100% confirmed inside info that the opposite would happen. Why does this dope have a blue tick anyway?
No idea how he got the blue tick. I followed him a few years ago and his posts are absolute garbage.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Attard makes The Mole look like a quality journalist. Stick to eating pastizzis mate.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why so? The club cannot control the behaviour of individuals!

The club HAS NOT swept this under the carpet, the club has come out with it!
The club DID NOT have to ban the players this week and in the future!

How can you crucify a whole organisation who have been proactive on this on the behavior of 2 players?

Idiots like yourself who are justifying Rashay's pulling out are like the morons who bought toilet paper in the shops recently... You don't see the big picture and believe the crap you are given!

THE BULLDOGS DID NOTHING WRONG AS A CLUB AND IN FACT DID MORE THEN MOST CLUBS WOULD IN THE SAME CIRCUMSTANCES!
Not hard to understand.

Rashays have chosen to pull out fine that's there call but for Bulldog supporters to justify it is shocking IMO!

NO ONE HERE has backed the players, I couldn't careless if they never play again! This is our club and the club has done nothing wrong.
I think the club are to be commended for the way they have handled this situation so far! But if you honestly think that any company wanting to sponsor our club in exchange for exposure/advertising reasons, would want to be associated with us right now then your kidding yourself.
If you were the owner of a multimilion dollar company, would you align your brand with ours at this exact moment in time? Fuck no. And if you answer yes then your lying.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Can't really blame them but still never have and never will spend a cent at them.
I can't blame them but I'll never eat there again. I think that the club has handled this as well as they can and show they share the same values of this "family" business.

In 2004 Bing Lee were about to be announced as a sleeve sponsor but pulled out after Coffs Harbour. I haven't stepped foot in one of their stores since. I also bought a Mitsubishi Electric a/c unit the same year. I used to shop at Jaycar but haven't been in there since they pulled the pin.

I appreciate that these companies see how incidents like this can negatively affect their business but they also need to realise that people like me will be loyal to those companies who are loyal to my club. They shouldn't underestimate the strong Bulldogs supporter base and how much we will support our sponsors.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Rashays should stick with the dogs and honour the sponsorship.
They are a family restaurant and when families are in crisis they should stick together, stick solid.
Family/bloodline runs deep. They have no emotional investment like us.They've been acquaintances for 5 mins. Cant blame them, its business. They need a return for there investment. I cannot see 1 positive return for there $1M investment at present. If it was my money, blue and white goggles off, no way Id invest.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If you were the owner of a multimilion dollar company, would you align your brand with ours at this exact moment in time? Fuck no. And if you answer yes then your lying.
I just can't fathom how people don't get this.

A few Dogs supporters taking their families to Rashays once or twice is hardly going to make up for it.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Rashays boss wanted the club to rip up the contracts and then he would come to the table loll

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
'Disgusting, repulsive': Why Rashays walked from $2 million Bulldogs deal
March 11, 2020 — 5.46pm
The owner of the company that pulled the pin on a $2 million sponsorship with the Bulldogs has opened up on the reasons behind the 11th-hour backflip, describing the actions of the two players as "repulsive".

As revealed by The Sydney Morning Herald on Wednesday, the Bulldogs were on the verge of signing a lucrative two-year major sponsorship deal with family restaurant chain Rashays but it fell over when the club informed the company about the Port Macquarie schoolgirl sex scandal.

Canterbury stars Jayden Okunbor and Corey Harawira-Naera have been suspended indefinitely after taking two high school girls back to their hotel.

Photo: NRL Photos, AAP
Rashays owner Rami Ykmour said he would back the NRL and Bulldogs if they decided to rip up the contracts of Corey Harawira-Naera and Jayden Okunbor, expressing disappointment with having to pull out of the deal with the Bulldogs after weeks of negotiation.

"It’s a shame two players could wreck it for everyone," Ykmour told the Herald.

"It’s disgusting. It's repulsive, to be honest. That’s something else. If they sack them, I would stand by the club and the NRL’s decision."

Ykmour, who received a phone call from NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg after reading the Herald story about Rashays' withdrawal, insists the decision to opt out of the Bulldogs' major sponsorship was because of his own family and how it made them feel.

"That's where a lot of this comes from," he said.

"When you have your own kids you see things differently. I have children myself that go to school, so when you hear stories like this you have no choice but to walk away. We're a family restaurant and when I told my wife about what was about to come out in the media, she said we had to get out of it.

"She said 'we can't do it because it doesn't align with our brand'. I didn't have a choice. We don't stand for that, and it's great to see the Bulldogs don't stand for it either."

Ykmour, who has 30 restaurants along the eastern seaboard of Australia, first learnt about the Port Macquarie scandal on Monday night, 24 hours before it hit the media.

He couldn't speak more highly of the Bulldogs, in particularly chief executive Andrew Hill, who he said was understanding of the decision to withdraw from the agreement.

"The club was fantastic. Andrew Hill was fantastic right through the journey, from start to finish," Ykmour said.

"He was very open from day one. He kept us informed all the time. I think they've handled it the best they possibly can. It's a shame because we were so excited about it. To be honest, the support we've had has been overwhelming since people found out.

"We know we've made the right decision. I still definitely want to be part of the NRL in the future and maybe even with the Bulldogs when things are a lot better."

https://amp.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/di...0200311-p5495l.html?__twitter_impression=true

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fair enough, credit to the bloke for being up front and for not blaming the club or the NRL.

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just when we start to claw our way back we get pulled down again. Seems to be one thing after another. A once great club on the ropes.
Fuck sake.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
People who work or volunteer at schools are educated about this, often on an annual basis. Not just the teachers and aids, the office workers, the gardeners, the volunteers. Institutions that are serious about making sure boundaries are understood and guidelines are clear go to extra lengths in this regard. I would once have tended to agree with you, it should be obvious. But unfortunately it has become clear that this approach has inadvertently been part of the problem in allowing the worst to happen. That is why, though tedious, the processes are where they now are.
You are spot on. Within the DOE education on proper behaviour and the setting of boundaries are paramount. It is a line that is never to be crossed and the consequences within the education system are clear and precise. I am a parent, I work at a school and I understand quite clearly the lessons taught to us about dealing with working around children. I sign a declaration agreeing to abide by the rules and I also detail my history and pay for a police check.

Stupid dumb behaviour has cost the clubs name yet again, the NRL will no doubt punish us excessively and to top it off spots to fill in the roster, the other players who do the right thing disrespected and a paying jersey sponsor lost before the club could even announce it.I applaud the club for its stance, acting in a swift manner unpopular to some but necessary because of the way things went down.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
'Disgusting, repulsive': Why Rashays walked from $2 million Bulldogs deal
March 11, 2020 — 5.46pm
The owner of the company that pulled the pin on a $2 million sponsorship with the Bulldogs has opened up on the reasons behind the 11th-hour backflip, describing the actions of the two players as "repulsive".

As revealed by The Sydney Morning Herald on Wednesday, the Bulldogs were on the verge of signing a lucrative two-year major sponsorship deal with family restaurant chain Rashays but it fell over when the club informed the company about the Port Macquarie schoolgirl sex scandal.

Canterbury stars Jayden Okunbor and Corey Harawira-Naera have been suspended indefinitely after taking two high school girls back to their hotel.

Photo: NRL Photos, AAP
Rashays owner Rami Ykmour said he would back the NRL and Bulldogs if they decided to rip up the contracts of Corey Harawira-Naera and Jayden Okunbor, expressing disappointment with having to pull out of the deal with the Bulldogs after weeks of negotiation.

"It’s a shame two players could wreck it for everyone," Ykmour told the Herald.

"It’s disgusting. It's repulsive, to be honest. That’s something else. If they sack them, I would stand by the club and the NRL’s decision."

Ykmour, who received a phone call from NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg after reading the Herald story about Rashays' withdrawal, insists the decision to opt out of the Bulldogs' major sponsorship was because of his own family and how it made them feel.

"That's where a lot of this comes from," he said.

"When you have your own kids you see things differently. I have children myself that go to school, so when you hear stories like this you have no choice but to walk away. We're a family restaurant and when I told my wife about what was about to come out in the media, she said we had to get out of it.

"She said 'we can't do it because it doesn't align with our brand'. I didn't have a choice. We don't stand for that, and it's great to see the Bulldogs don't stand for it either."

Ykmour, who has 30 restaurants along the eastern seaboard of Australia, first learnt about the Port Macquarie scandal on Monday night, 24 hours before it hit the media.

He couldn't speak more highly of the Bulldogs, in particularly chief executive Andrew Hill, who he said was understanding of the decision to withdraw from the agreement.

"The club was fantastic. Andrew Hill was fantastic right through the journey, from start to finish," Ykmour said.

"He was very open from day one. He kept us informed all the time. I think they've handled it the best they possibly can. It's a shame because we were so excited about it. To be honest, the support we've had has been overwhelming since people found out.

"We know we've made the right decision. I still definitely want to be part of the NRL in the future and maybe even with the Bulldogs when things are a lot better."

https://amp.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/di...0200311-p5495l.html?__twitter_impression=true
Yet his franchise sponsors the tigers who have Russell Packer who stomped on a guy's head. Thats also a disgusting and replusive act.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yet his franchise sponsors the tigers who have Russel Packer who stomped on a guy's head. Thats also a disgusting and replusive act.
Packer didn’t do it while he was at the Tigers. There’s no way you can blame them for walking away when this happens while the ink isn’t dry on the contract.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Packer didn’t do it while he was at the Tigers. There’s no way you can blame them for walking away when this happens while the ink isn’t dry on the contract.
So many fact-nah-not-actually-a-fact "facts" getting thrown around right now...