News Jayden Okunbor and Corey Harawira-Naera stood down

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
hence "bar..."... I never said they should not be punished for their actions I am just saying it's not that big of a deal... it's not behaviour that I personally agree with, it's not how I was personally raised, but it's legal, and it's very common, especially among footballers... the fact that so many people are surprised to hear something like this is very strange.. I never made the claim that the parents are outraged, it was a response to somebody else's comments re outraged parents... that's why I said "if parents are outraged".. there is a difference between being sexually active, and hooking up with somebody upon first meet and then bragging about it in group chats imo
Fair points.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Absolutely rubbish 8 weeks.

2 weeks and a 10k fine each.

Next time they can sneak out and rent a motel for $200 a night, with $9,800 left in the bank
For having a hand in losing the 2 mil sponsor... 50k and a 4 wk suspension should set things straight. See how much they care about their paychecks then...

That is if they didn't pick them up at school.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
On NRL Tonight they said a penalty probably won’t come till Monday or Tuesday next week. Okonbur will likely be sacked and CHN will survive.
The players were given a week to "show cause', so that has to expire before anything is announced. If they do reply with a show cause, that reply has to be considered before anything is announced.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They broke club rules and done nothing illegal, simple as that. Stop beating it up to be more than what it actually is and damaging the club.
I dont think I'm doing this at all. But your acting as though they have done nothing wrong. They have though, and the club will suffer financially because of it!!! Us fans will also suffer the retribution, so you should be pissed off.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dont think I'm doing this at all. But your acting as though they have done nothing wrong. They have though, and the club will suffer financially because of it!!! Us fans will also suffer the retribution, so you should be pissed off.
Yes they did the wrong thing, but how come other players who did more worse things are still being allowed to play?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes they did the wrong thing, but how come other players who did more worse things are still being allowed to play?
Becuase the NRL is a corrupt and spineless organization being run by a egotistical fuckwit, and the club's who are not doing the right thing and suspending their players are being allowed to do so. We are the Bulldogs after all, the yardstick for punishment begins with us.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
No u just get the mix right like all the top 8 clubs have. Use your brains.
The club put this roster together why do they always get to walk away from any responsibility all the time.
This is not the first time this has happened since they took over.
You're absolutely right.
Get the mix right like the top 8 clubs, they're cleanskins:
1. Roosters (Mitchell Pearce dog rooting, Zane Tetevano bashing his missus repeatedly, Jake Friend has had his share of trouble).
2. Raiders (Jack Wighton assaulting blokes, Curtis Scott assaulting police).
3. Rabbitohs (Inglis speeding drink driving, Sam Burgess being a sex pest, flopping his chop out over the internet, George Burg drunk and disorderly, John Sutton and Luke Burg arrested in the USA).
4. Storm (Asofa Solamona detained overseas, Jesse Bromwich snorting coke in the street).
5. Manly (Dylan Walker assaulting his missus, Liam Knight arrested pissy driving a few years ago when he was at the club)
6. Eels (Major salary cap breach, Sivo indecent assault, Shaun Lane photographed with a bag of coke, Ferguson some sort of indecent assault on a female).
7. Broncos (Lodge going bananas in the USA, David Fifita assaulting someone overseas, Joe Ofahenguwe drink driving, that other young bloke whose name escapes me who they sacked for drug issues).
8. Sharks (Peptides offences, Ben Barba drug offences not to mention the wife bashing, Dugan wreaking havoc in QLD on the piss). Board member caught with coke.
Bloody oath, use your brains, the top 8 teams have got the mix right and their shit is well and truly in order. Nice one!

Last edited:

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Becuase the NRL is a corrupt and spineless organization being run by a egotistical fuckwit, and the club's who are not doing the right thing and suspending their players are being allowed to do so. We are the Bulldogs after all, the yardstick for punishment begins with us.
If could 'like' or 'best post' this a shit tonne of times I would. What our boys did was stupid but not a criminal act. Yet the NRL are so hell bent on punishing us and not the other clubs.

Gallo2014

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Everyone seems to be commenting about the players and how it’s not illegal blah blah blah... but clubs go to schools with the consent of the NRL to promote the game through training sessions and talks about the sport or other issues which helps children to pursue their dreams.

What do you think the parents of these girls think now about the club? What do you think their opinion of all footy players is now? Probably not that great. What about the parents of the girls OR other parents, what would their opinion be of the school to allow this kind of contact to happen? The school now has to report to the department of education who in turn they go back to the NRL who then ask the club to explain. This gives a black eye to the good scheme to have footy players attend schools to promote the game at a time when AFL is pushing hard to promote their rubbish in NSW and QLD. The dept of Education won’t be too exited to have other clubs go to their schools to chat to the students. These players fucked up! They fucked it up for others that do the right thing. They may even have cost the club much needed sponsors. They should have kept their pants on for the few days they were away from home.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yes they did do something wrong and Okunbor in particular was incredibly stupid and in all honestly I wouldn't be against sacking him for being that stupid...but like I said they failed to follow clear instructions and broke protocol, that's it.

Players break protocol all the time and it's dealt with in house, instead we have this ridiculous sensationalised story and people acting like this is the crime of the century. Nothing illegal happened, nobody got hurt, nobody wanted to takes things further....yet now with this sensationalised bs the media have now drawn major attention to the girls and from what I know one in particular is not handling this very well.

The club imo have absolutely bottled this, why release such a vague statement minutes before team lists and implicate the two players as if they were involved in the exact same incident? It was ridiculous.

I'm over talking about this now, i've just lost interest and turned my attention towards seeing us play tomorrow night and hopefully we get to see something different form the boys that lifts the spirits.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A New Zealand radio host has slammed claims that two NRL players were in the wrong after allegedly engaging in sex with two high school girls on a team trip.

Journalist and sports fan Kerre McIvor is now adamant that the incident should be dismissed as there are "no victims".

"There are no reports of these schoolgirls being dragged by the hair, kicking and screaming, back to the hotel. There are no reports of the players being unduly coerced by the players. So where's the scandal?" she said on Newstalk ZB.

Kerre McIvor (Facebook)
Jayden Okunbor and Corey Harawira-Naera were suspended on Wednesday after allegedly taking two female students back to the team hotel after a school visit in Port Macquarie in New South Wales.

The Bulldogs on Tuesday afternoon confirmed that Okunbor and Harawira-Naera were in serious breach of NRL rules and Canterbury's code of conduct and were stood down, pending an investigation.

Corey Harawira-Naera and Jayden Okunbor (Getty)
Both girls involved are 17 years old, and with the legal age of consent in New South Wales being 16, it is understood that there is no police investigation.

"These girls are not victims," claimed McIvor. "I wish the media, the community, the social media watchdogs, ready to shriek and take offence and blame and shame, would differentiate. Not all women who choose to have sex with men are victims. Stop infantalising women."

The club visited a dozen local schools in the days before playing a pre-season game against the Canberra Raiders in Port Macquarie on February 29.

It's been reported that another Bulldogs player had sex with a teacher during the same trip, though it is not clear if she taught at the same school as the girls.

The NRL has a zero tolerance policy on players inviting members of the public back to their accomodation while travelling with their team.

A

Alexander the Great

So many wrong facts in this article. My God it's a pay day if they get sacked
A New Zealand radio host has slammed claims that two NRL players were in the wrong after allegedly engaging in sex with two high school girls on a team trip.

Journalist and sports fan Kerre McIvor is now adamant that the incident should be dismissed as there are "no victims".

"There are no reports of these schoolgirls being dragged by the hair, kicking and screaming, back to the hotel. There are no reports of the players being unduly coerced by the players. So where's the scandal?" she said on Newstalk ZB.

Kerre McIvor (Facebook)
Jayden Okunbor and Corey Harawira-Naera were suspended on Wednesday after allegedly taking two female students back to the team hotel after a school visit in Port Macquarie in New South Wales.

The Bulldogs on Tuesday afternoon confirmed that Okunbor and Harawira-Naera were in serious breach of NRL rules and Canterbury's code of conduct and were stood down, pending an investigation.

Both girls involved are 17 years old, and with the legal age of consent in New South Wales being 16, it is understood that there is no police investigation.

"These girls are not victims," claimed McIvor. "I wish the media, the community, the social media watchdogs, ready to shriek and take offence and blame and shame, would differentiate. Not all women who choose to have sex with men are victims. Stop infantalising women."

The club visited a dozen local schools in the days before playing a pre-season game against the Canberra Raiders in Port Macquarie on February 29.

It's been reported that another Bulldogs player had sex with a teacher during the same trip, though it is not clear if she taught at the same school as the girls.

The NRL has a zero tolerance policy on players inviting members of the public back to their accomodation while travelling with their team.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

...etc...
Whoever gave this idiot a platform should be taken out and given a good slapping. Has all the insight and ingenuity of a bag of sand. This amount of logical fallacy and plain stupidity should be made illegal.

Malla

Reaction score
We don't know that man. It could be anyone or it could be Hill that has pushed for this. Time will tell eventually once shit hits the roof
The current board got up the ticket because of the whole cliche of bringing back the family club at Canterbury. Recapture our culture and what we were about in the 80s and 90s so this is straight from the board imo.
I love it

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score

Kerre McIvor (Facebook)

Sounds like the old cougar is a goer!

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can see the nrl having to lawyer up if sanctions are too hard
And boy do they have a leg to stand on if they start pointing out other punishments for much much worse offences
If there’s nothing to these terms in ink in contract, well could be rich boys

A

Alexander the Great

I hope they get taken to the cleaner's. Them and our club so they can learn a lesson for next time
I can see the nrl having to lawyer up if sanctions are too hard
And boy do they have a leg to stand on if they start pointing out other punishments for much much worse offences

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Are we still talking about this? I’m more traumatised about Crichton being selected, JMK walking straight back in to the side & fatty Stimson straight in to the starting line up
jmk told me on monday he would be fitnessed tested on captains run (earlier today)