News Jayden Okunbor and Corey Harawira-Naera stood down

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The question has to be asked, because thats what we are all thinking
Why do we always cop the worst punishments out of every other club?
This is not a joke anymore, im sick and tired of it, we always get an example made out of us, we always get destroyed by the media.
We need leaders at the club to defend us against the vultures, we always seem to bend over backwards to the nrl and everyone else, Why?
Why the fuck are people from the media pressuring our possible sponser to walk away and why are we tolerating all this crap.
This is not a fucking criminal investigation, its dumb and stupid and as far as im concerned chn has no case to answer but okunbor on the other hand does
I wont say it cause the andrerson rooters will lose there cool again, wanting facts and crap.
Anyone that cant see there is no leader at this club is fucking bling

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Why are most looking to blame people who had nothing to do with it?
There are only two people who are at fault here that’s Okunbor and CHN. They are the only two responsible for their actions. They signed the code of conduct they knew the consequences it’s their job. Those blaming the girls , the bulldogs , the NRLol it’s all down to what CHN and Jayden did. They are idiots
The media and the sheep ***** who swallow their bullshit are blaming everyone else.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Saddest part is that this dope Okunbor is a local junior who the club were proud of promoting through the grades and afforded him plenty of opportunities and positive press.

His actions and the damage that they’ve caused are an absolute insult on the club and he should be sacked imo.

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Saddest part is that this dope Okunbor is a local junior who the club were proud of promoting through the grades and afforded him plenty of opportunities and positive press.

His actions are an absolute insult and he should be sacked imo.
He better hope he doesn't get sacked he was a teachers aide before playing NRL I have a feeling he might have trouble getting a start doing that again!

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I wont say it cause the andrerson rooters will lose there cool again, wanting facts and crap.
Anyone that cant see there is no leader at this club is fucking bling
yep I had high hopes for this lot after dib and co...…. but they've done fuckall, Lynne is happy to trot out in front of the cameras or give a statement and take credit when its a feel good piece but is nowhere to be found when the shit hits the fan......if you see Hill is giving a presser or releasing a statement you the shit has it the fan (poor bastard he may as well paint a target on his forehead)

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s been a fucken nightmare 24 hours
I don’t want to think about it any more,cannot shake this headache
These players are morons to the highest degree
Anyway I’m going tomorrow night and will support the team best I can

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the leaders of this club hang these boys out to the vultures.
Good luck ever recruiting anyone else.
People saying it has nothing to with the club what a load of shit.
Things like this affect every single person in the operation.
Pay and other useless idiots were with elliot when he was carrying on like a poofter on coke.
Unfortunately at some point the board and coaches have got to put there hands up, take a little responsinility for the clubs actions and finally do something to stop this from ever happening again.

This is not the first time. And if lyn is too busy at the olympics. Bring in some **** that does have time for the club it isnt that hard.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Facts are none of this shit happened when the last lot were in charge.
This board has 3 or 4 ugly incidents since they took over.
Why are they not on top of stopping this shit before it happens already.
Does anyone remember who was in charge of the team in 2004 Coffs Harbour ???

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It’s been a fucken nightmare 24 hours
I don’t want to think about it any more,cannot shake this headache
These players are morons to the highest degree
Anyway I’m going tomorrow night and will support the team best I can
Rashays officially gone now too.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Even worse spoony if indeed he was a teacher's aid previously as you mentioned. He would have to been up to speed with the do's and don'ts. Very disappointed with him especially.
He better hope he doesn't get sacked he was a teachers aide before playing NRL I have a feeling he might have trouble getting a start doing that again!

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Facts are none of this shit happened when the last lot were in charge.
This board has 3 or 4 ugly incidents since they took over.
Why are they not on top of stopping this shit before it happens already.
Ben fucking Barba

Are you serious?

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
8 weeks for chn for rooting a chick on tinder?
Fucking joke mate
If I were the dogs I’d be pointing fingers at Matt lodge n Scott etc
The fact nothing illegal happened shits me too tears
Maybe a few weeks for breaching code of conduct
But if they cop 8 weeks lodge Scott etc deserve life bans
NRL is dying
Going the same way as rugby

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This once great club just can’t take a trick
Since super league it’s been one thing after the next
But stay tuned for another exciting episode of the Canterbury tales
Season 20

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another day, another NRL sex scandal. Many of us are feeling disheartened, disillusioned and dog-tired at the news that two Bulldogs players took two schoolgirls back to their hotel. But before we throw the members' passes in the bin, we need to reflect on the significance of how Bulldogs management has dealt with it this time.

In days gone by, these types of cases involving consensual sex and no criminal wrongdoing might have been swept under the carpet by the club and none would have been the wiser. If there had been any suggestion of it via social media, it could have been passed off as fake news.

However, the club has drawn a line in the sand. It has taken swift action and stood down the players, Jayden Okunbor and Corey Harawira-Naera. This is to be applauded. It will have a significant impact on their future. They will forever be known as the players who made headlines for the wrong reasons. They will live with the consequences of their actions.

It should be a wake-up call for every NRL player. We have spent so long educating men in relation to consequences of their actions with respect to illegal behaviour. We have spent countless hours educating them about their obligations under their contracts. However, at the end of the day you cannot train against a player's stupid behaviour.

Let there be no misunderstanding these players engaged in risky behaviour, albeit legal, that has placed not only their careers at risk but jeopardised the success of their team.

Let me ask every employer: what action would you take if you became aware that a number of your employees had engaged in risky behaviour that was not illegal? Would you stand down two of your key people even though it would hurt your business and brand? That is the huge ethical dilemma for employers.

We need to remember that the 1800 men employed by the NRL are employees and that they are in a high-risk profession. In any group, there will be a number who, for whatever reason, make the wrong decision at the wrong time. You simply cannot train these people.

All we can do is put steps in place so they can never claim ignorance as an excuse for their behaviour. Let it be known that these players received the proper welfare education and that they were on notice that this type of behaviour would have dire consequences.

Unfortunately, it will have dire consequences for the team as well. The Bulldogs should be proud of way the club has responded. Something once swept under the carpet has been tackled head-on.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
All we can do is put steps in place so they can never claim ignorance as an excuse for their behaviour. Let it be known that these players received the proper welfare education and that they were on notice that this type of behaviour would have dire consequences.
This is the key thing. The evidence from multiple sources is that the players are absolutely educated and warned on a regular basis. Remember Gus Gould is a big fan of CHN, was sad to lose him when he was at Penriff. Yet he hasn't hesitated to call this out because he knows that the players are clearly educated against these actions.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fucking joke mate
NRL is dying

Whole heartedly agree with you.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I am. We have gone up to shit with this board and coach.
They have done nothing to suggest otherwise. Thats fact plain and simple.
What facts do u have to suggest there done a wonderful job ?
No, you're not. You said Lynne was only in it for the money and that's incorrect.
I've never said they've done a wonderful job. I've said they have worked hard to dig us out of a very large hole and cap wise we will be there by the end of this year.
I can't help the fact that you either just don't get or refuse to acknowledge reality and want to spend all day on here banging on with your armageddon agenda.

Last edited:

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fucking joke mate
NRL is dying
Exactly what I'm saying Rashays pulled out due to "family values". What do the arrogant fucks have to say about Lodge and Scott and Merrin? Wait don't the idiots sponsor the tigers? Hec the clowns have Russel Packer who stomped on a guys head and went to prison for it. I am sure players did not have any "family values" they carry on about. Hope the suckers go to adminstration.

Last edited:

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im pretty sure he has. He did say "They simply can't follow simple rules and some absolutely idiotic decisions were made, they deserve to be punished." I believe what he is referring to is people carrying on like they groomed these girls and are paedophiles. The morale police are out in full force today. Check out how the mole is carrying on, stating its the grubbiest thing he has seen in 20 years. Yeah, its so much worse than a rape accusation, domestic violence, drink driving, terrorising an inoocent family etc.
Fair enough. But I'm not one of those people. If it was jo blow from down the road i couldnt give two shits. But it is a big deal because of who they are and who they represent.
Agreed, there are footballers guilty of way worse acts that should have been dealt much harsher penalties.