Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I just think it will be forgotten about in a few weeks.. just like a few weeks ago I said that the "futures on fire" thing would be a distant memory, which it is... something new will replace Corona soon
Unlikely. It's still spreading rapidly and there's no vaccine so it'll be around for at least another 12 months. Unless quarantine half the world.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I just think it will be forgotten about in a few weeks.. just like a few weeks ago I said that the "futures on fire" thing would be a distant memory, which it is... something new will replace Corona soon
Hopefully you are right..not about something new replacing it though..:grimacing:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I can feel myself coming down with something. Whilst its more likely from my 2 year old constantly sneezing and coughing on me (fucking child care germ farms!), I am trying not to think its the ol' CoViD19.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
In the United States at least 60000 people a year die from the flu.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can feel myself coming down with something. Whilst its more likely from my 2 year old constantly sneezing and coughing on me (fucking child care germ farms!), I am trying not to think its the ol' CoViD19.
I got fucking sars
images.jpeg-42.jpg

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
In the United States at least 60000 people a year die from the flu.
Just think. In 5 years from now we may be saying, "Each year in the United states 120,000 people die from the flu and Covid-19. As if we should be worried about the alien parasite virus"

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
A good Joe Rogan interview with an infectious disease expert that he explains a lot about the Coronavirus

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
A few key points from the interview:

- the virus is in the very early stages. It's expected to get much, much worse

- it's expected to make a come back in China after quarantine measures are lifted

- predicted to be 15 times worse than the worse seasonal flu when it comes to death counts

- the virus primarily kills at risk people (old and weakened immune systems) but has started hitting many young people especially obese and smokers

- there's a lot of misinformation in the public treating it like the virus will disappear soon

- peak virus will hit in the next 3 to 6 months

- the virus is generally doubling infectious cases every 4 days (2 people get infected, 4 days later 4 people infected, 4 days later 8 people, then 16, then 32, etc)

- over 55s and people with underlying health issues should avoid crowds

- closing schools is causing problems as it forced nurses to stay home to take care of their kids

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Funny part though, like Howard said earlier. At the end of the interview he says "but don't be nervous. My job is not to scare you out of your wits. It's to scare you into your wits"

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few key points from the interview:

- the virus is in the very early stages. It's expected to get much, much worse

- it's expected to make a come back in China after quarantine measures are lifted

- predicted to be 15 times worse than the worse seasonal flu when it comes to death counts

- the virus primarily kills at risk people (old and weakened immune systems) but has started hitting many young people especially obese and smokers

- there's a lot of misinformation in the public treating it like the virus will disappear soon

- peak virus will hit in the next 3 to 6 months

- the virus is generally doubling infectious cases every 4 days (2 people get infected, 4 days later 4 people infected, 4 days later 8 people, then 16, then 32, etc)

- over 55s and people with underlying health issues should avoid crowds

- closing schools is causing problems as it forced nurses to stay home to take care of their kids
Picked up another 30 rolls tonight. People with less than 100 rolls in their inventory have no hope

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, since its approaching mid-March, you're almost at your max. Virus was discovered in December.
You do realise I meant 12 weeks (max) till we hear the end of it yea?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I legit still have a cough and runny nose that's getting worse, also experienced shortness of breath today while working and it was a bit of a struggle. Have a slight fever right now. Regular cold, flu or coronavirus?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I legit still have a cough and runny nose that's getting worse, also experienced shortness of breath today while working and it was a bit of a struggle. Have a slight fever right now. Regular cold, flu or coronavirus?
Sounds like dick aids

Status
Not open for further replies.